First aid

just completed a CPC course (first aid in transport) run by Shorecliffe. Better than the other cpc course I have attended. Teacher asked about our first aid boxes and what was in them. As I didn’t want to lengthen the course I did not say that, as an agency driver, I am rarely aware of such boxes in the wagons with which I am allocated.
He asked what was in the boxes and who was responsible for checking the contents. A PSV driver said that he did not know what was in it because it was security sealed. He said the contents were regularly checked by the ministry who would then re-seal it. He agreed with other PSVs present who said that they were under strict instructions to have no physical contact with any passengers (children and disabled) and would therefore pass them the box but not touch them. We practised various recovery positions and practiced CPR on dummies. Good stuff! There was a lot on heart attacks and strokes. How to use epinephrine guns for allergy sufferers etc and treatments for shock, traumas wounds etc. I suppose it is too variable to hope for solid instructions on how to stop, park, obstruct, protect victim(s) scattered in the road at an incident.
Recommended!

Eh?

We did a first aid course too as part of the DCPC, well worth it and covered more or less the same with a lot of emphasis on CPR , the use of Defibrillators ect.
Again, well worth it, and very informative.

He wants to know what is in your box.

Basic First Aid should be a compulsory subject in all schools in my opinion.