Denied access to toilets

the maoster:
Not my picture, but if I was confronted with this then they could kiss their delivery goodbye :imp:

Same here, seeing that sign I’d pull off site sharpish, send photo to company and they would demand I pulled myself off which is nice. :slight_smile:

So as not to be to militant I try and avoid using company toilets however signs like these would make me ask to use toilet whether I needed it or not…

Still only one threatened pull out which saw instant back down and ■■■■■■ to toilet though.

Dipper_Dave:
signs like these would make me ask to use toilet whether I needed it or not…

Yep same here, it’s a ■■■■ liberty. :smiling_imp:
Every driver should just to show the ■■■■■■ :smiling_imp:

robroy:
I’m just wondering if these [zb] type firms who think we are nothing more than common dirt not fit to use their facilities, have the same policy regarding toilet use towards co.reps, those who rock up to their gates in BMWs, and wearing suits…
I somehow doubt it, I mean, can you imagine them pointing those guys towards a grotty old portabog in the corner of their yard…I think not. :smiling_imp:

+1. And just to rub it in, all these very important ultra clean ‘virus free’ reps are now sat at home being paid out of the money that us animals are paying into the pot :unamused: :laughing:

Dipper_Dave:
… Still only one threatened pull out …

:bulb: Do they realise how unprecedented your threat of pulling out is :question:

This issue causes a worse problem.

Drivers that aren’t even delivering or collecting from us wander onto our property and urinate up against the wall!
When confronted I get “I was only having a Pi$$”

it winds me right up. The thing is, even those that are not delivering to us or collecting from us are wecome to use the bog.

Id rather that than acting like that. Very annoying

I had to go to an RDC in a dustcart last summer and decided to pop in for a cheeky ■■■■■. Toilets had a sign saying out of order. I wondered what all the arctic drivers waiting in the bays were supposed to do.

Can’t remember exactly which depot it was now but it was a big one - almost sure it was either Aldi, Lidl, or Amazon.

Would these rules also apply to me on the trade waste? I’ve been refused a fair few times but usually at places like shops etc. Needing a ■■■■ in central Brum on a busy day ain’t fun!

I’d imagine that as a dustcart driver I’m likely seen as the dirtiest of the dirty, although I only ever push bins full of cardboard and rarely get mucky.

M Markovitz ltd. (Leek) denied access to toilets, warehouse assistant says nobody is allowed to use facility and directed me to Morrison’s next door or bush’s at the back of the yard…

Nisa Grantham have a notice on the smoking shelter that external drivers aren’t allowed to use the toilets, canteen or smoking area - didn’t notice until I finished my cigarette in said smoking area :open_mouth: :laughing:

Travis perkins Newbury told only staff can use them .I was also told i could go behind the stacks of bricks in there yard.

I got reported to my employer for dropping a Brad Pitt in a customer toilet recently. I’d asked if I could use the gents and the guy said “as long as it’s only a number 1”.

Well, I heard the door dinging to indicate a customer entering the store and thought “now’s my chance”. :smiley: It was the guiltiest ■■■■ I’ve ever taken and the guy gave me a furious look over his customer’s shoulder as I left the store, but when you’ve gotta go…

My boss thought it was hilarious and luckily it was only a catch up job so I’m unlikely to ever have to go back there (I hope!).

Rikki-UK:
T&D is getting a large number of reports of RDC/warehouses refusing to let delivery drivers use their toilets quoting Covid-19 as an excuse.

T&D is following up these reports and reporting the companies to the HSE - the HSE have just released this statement-

Statement released this evening from the Health and Safety Executive. More to follow tomorrow. To reiterate: all companies banning drivers from accessing toilet and handwashing facilities are acting illegally.
Statement:

A HSE spokesperson said: “We are concerned about these reports.

“Any prevention of a driver to access welfare facilities is a breach of law, but more importantly is not the decent thing to do.

“Following a review process [in 2018], we updated our approach to say that drivers must have access to welfare facilities in the premises they visit as part of their work.

“This is even more crucial now. The latest advice is for hands to be washed regularly. Failure to allow access to welfare facilities may increase the risk of the COVID-19 infection spreading.

“In our view, the first thing drivers or their employers should do is remind those in control of the premises they visit of the legal requirement. We’ve previously been told the majority of duty holders do already provide reasonable access to toilets. They should still do so.”

Background

The law requires that sufficient toilet and washing facilities are to be provided at readily accessible places.

We re-examined the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, in particular Regulations 20 and 21 and our website reflects this

If you are refused access or spot a note stating you as a delivering driver will not be allowed access to toilets take a photo of the note and post in here or e-mail me if you need to ensure your anonymity - T&D will be naming, shaming and reporting.

Also feel free to save this letter from Public Health England or print it off if possible of to show when you have been refused access

Nothing unusual about being denied access to toilets, COVID or otherwise. Jordan’s Cereals at Biggleswade were denying drivers toilet rights 15-20 years ago. You cannot legislate against [zb]s and transport is full of them…mostly failed HGV drivers or people who can’t even park their car in an empty supermarket car park!!

Parker’s printing in Bootle has a sign saying hauliers are not allowed to use the toilet in the main entrance of the reception office.

Hey guys i regularly visit ASOS barnsley and the company i work for is a big parcel company meaning no stopping and can only use toliets on site no stopping period.

However at asos we get a portaloo no lighting, so its best to leave the door open so you can see and when you finish doing your business no water you have to use their handsantiser we cant use the warehouse toliet cause apparently of the C word can i report these to whoever to get water atleast

TruckDriverBen:
Hey guys i regularly visit ASOS barnsley and the company i work for is a big parcel company meaning no stopping and can only use toliets on site no stopping period.

However at asos we get a portaloo no lighting, so its best to leave the door open so you can see and when you finish doing your business no water you have to use their handsantiser we cant use the warehouse toliet cause apparently of the C word can i report these to whoever to get water atleast

I would.
No light is an issue bit the lack of water more so.
Hand sanitizer is most effective after washing your hands

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Oakleaf Recycling,Staines have signs all over the site saying drivers are not allowed to use their toilet facilities.They have a disgusting portaloo with no light or running water that they have decided drivers can use instead,despite having a fully plumbed up welfare unit on site.If you ignore them and use their welfare facility they resort to attempting intimidation and threats of violence.I have pictures and video taken by myself confirming this.

If I need to go for a ■■■■■ I am going for a ■■■■■.

Yea, I try to plan it out but it is hard to find a toilet when your pulling a Tesco Doubledecker.
I still remember the worst day in my life.

I was in a Tesco Lorry in bumper to bumper traffic in Fulham. NOWHERE to go and I had a dodgy kebab the night before…
My god I have never came so close to ■■■■■■■■ myself.
I managed to hold it in but needless to say I did not have clean boxers by the end of the shift.

Maybe, I am in the minority here but I see no issue for a driver having a ■■■■■ in a layby or in a empty industrial park. Parking is limited for us so we have to make do. I know some guys bring bottles with them but having a ■■■■■ in a bottle is pretty bad as well so idk.

I just run with a few packs of babywipes now. If they treat you like an animal, behave like one :wink: