Toilets

How many times do you go to on site toilets and there’s no paper,a sign saying wash your hands,no soap,no towels,shawly if you provide the toilets this is the basic fundiments,
I no people Nick toilet paper ,but there must be some think written that they have to supply the basics

They have no legal obligation to provide a toilet to visitors at all I don’t think, so just be grateful you have a trough to drop your load in.

There is no such thing as vistors on a site that does not allow public access. Even though they are paid by someone else they are still the sites staff, and must be treated as such.

This is actually a disgrace - and rarely is something drivers have a right to kick off about big time. I have done a few jobs in my life, and in no other business relationship would you tell someone coming to your business they couldn’t use the toilet.

I very recently went to the boots factory/rdc in Nottingham. I asked to use a toilet and was told it was locked and I’d need to walk to the other side of the site to use a portaloo. Fortunately, my partner works at the hospital across the road, so I decided to wait it out and go there and have a coffee with her instead. But there is NO chance she’d be told to go and find a portaloo if she went there in a professional capacity.

If I had more experience and could afford to burn bridges I’d have just driven off-site. In my other job if I went somewhere as a mere student/researcher I’d go mental if I was told I couldn’t use the ‘office’ toilet as I wasn’t deemed worthy.

I remember, there was some HSE legislation brought in at the back end of last year so drivers do have to be provided with something.

commercialmotor.com/news/co … nce-update

No mention of the need to provide toiletries though. Suppose this is where that handy blue roll in the cab comes into it’s own, apart from cleaning windows.

Just the other day I was at a site & another driver went in the toilet for the ■■■■■, I went in after him and there was ■■■■ all over the toilet seat and he hadn’t bothered flushing. Its that old “own worst enemy” thing again…

rob22888:
I remember, there was some HSE legislation brought in at the back end of last year so drivers do have to be provided with something.

No mention of the need to provide toiletries though. Suppose this is where that handy blue roll in the cab comes into it’s own, apart from cleaning windows.

Just the other day I was at a site & another driver went in the toilet for the ■■■■■, I went in after him and there was ■■■■ all over the toilet seat and he hadn’t bothered flushing. Its that old “own worst enemy” thing again…

Yep, and that’s what’s been ■■■■■■■ it up for years and probably always will do.

rob22888:
They have no legal obligation to provide a toilet to visitors at all I don’t think, so just be grateful you have a trough to drop your load in.

Actually buried in this forum somewhere is a link that says they do.
As your on their site you are deemed as an employee/ agent to them and must offer the same level of basic welfare as their own staff.
It’s also in the HSE and Gov pages

sammym:
This is actually a disgrace - and rarely is something drivers have a right to kick off about big time. I have done a few jobs in my life, and in no other business relationship would you tell someone coming to your business they couldn’t use the toilet.

I very recently went to the boots factory/rdc in Nottingham. I asked to use a toilet and was told it was locked and I’d need to walk to the other side of the site to use a portaloo. Fortunately, my partner works at the hospital across the road, so I decided to wait it out and go there and have a coffee with her instead. But there is NO chance she’d be told to go and find a portaloo if she went there in a professional capacity.

If I had more experience and could afford to burn bridges I’d have just driven off-site. In my other job if I went somewhere as a mere student/researcher I’d go mental if I was told I couldn’t use the ‘office’ toilet as I wasn’t deemed worthy.

In a previous life I worked for the local police in a civilian capacity but wore a uniform and visited lots of business premises in the course of my duties. The majority of the time I was treated with respect, offered coffee, and was never refused the use of their clean toilets.
Fast forward 2 years and following redundancy from the police due to the cuts I’m driving a class 2 truck delivering to the same premises I visited in the police.
The difference in how I’m treated is like night and day.
Generally ignored by the office staff and only reluctantly allowed to use filthy portaloos in the middle of fields that are shared with hundreds of farm workers.
No doubt the office staff no longer recognise me and I wouldn’t expect any special treatment compared to other truck drivers but this discrimination is totally wrong.

There’s a reason that even though I’m not a tramper I always have a bog roll in my bag. Every driver should have one with them even if they’re on days. They’re about as essential as your digi card.

Conor:
There’s a reason that even though I’m not a tramper I always have a bog roll in my bag. Every driver should have one with them even if they’re on days. They’re about as essential as your digi card.(quote)

and a lucozade bottle or similar

villa:

Conor:
There’s a reason that even though I’m not a tramper I always have a bog roll in my bag. Every driver should have one with them even if they’re on days. They’re about as essential as your digi card.(quote)

and a lucozade bottle or similar

+1
tsk tsk tsk.
well seen conor is an agency wallah.
teal macho truckie trampers tend to be a tad more upmarket and use wet wipes for that all over freshness and a sparkling ringpiece so clean you could eat your lunch from it. (cue dipper)
seeing as how any proper truckie will have the obligatory built in fridge,then it makes for a more refreshing scrub in warmer climes. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I have to agree with Conor, stick a roll in the cab, keep a few sheets in your shirt pockets,

Your grown up now and can’t expect everyone to wipe your arse.

I once challenged a bloke after I followed him into the bog. It was at sainsbury at Stoke which isn’t as bad a waiting room as there is.
He was fairly respectable looking, not the big stereotype neanderthal type, I asked him why there was ■■■■ all over the seat and a massive skid mark. It was disgusting. It’s a small place so it was obvious who had been in before me. Don’t know why because I usually shy away from controversy. He wasn’t fussed and I was more embarrassed than he was. He couldn’t have cared less.

sent using smoke signals

The public don’t want lorries on the road
The public don’t want lorries parking up anywhere overnight
Business on industrial estates don’t want lorries parking up overnight
Places we deliver do won’t want us taking breaks on site
Places we deliver do don’t want us walking around the site and using any facilities
Other business on same estate don’t want us queuing or waiting outside
It’s clear some proper service areas would rather lorries were not there
Lorries aren’t wanted in towns and cities
Lorries aren’t wanted on country lanes going to farms or building sites
Places mostly certainly don’t want lorry drivers using the toilets and we aren’t worthy to do so.

Yet everyone wants to purchase goods.

rob22888:

It’s not just RDCs.
I was having lunch in a nice pub this weekend, went to use the loo and some ■■■■ had laid a massive cable, chucked toilet roll everywhere and just walked out.

DickyNick:
The public don’t want lorries on the road
The public don’t want lorries parking up anywhere overnight
Business on industrial estates don’t want lorries parking up overnight
Places we deliver do won’t want us taking breaks on site
Places we deliver do don’t want us walking around the site and using any facilities
Other business on same estate don’t want us queuing or waiting outside
It’s clear some proper service areas would rather lorries were not there
Lorries aren’t wanted in towns and cities
Lorries aren’t wanted on country lanes going to farms or building sites
Places mostly certainly don’t want lorry drivers using the toilets and we aren’t worthy to do so.

Yet everyone wants to purchase goods.

I think that just about cover’s it. :slight_smile: