Denied access to toilets

joeshell:

kevmac47:
I don’t know if its still the same at Immingham dock, but access to the toilet facilities was forbidden to drivers. The only toilet was a thunderbox tucked away in a corner, it was disgusting! This was a couple of years ago, I don’t suppose it’s any different now. Regards Kev.

still the same Kev(in the Cobelfret section)a disgusting portaloo in a corner of the trailer park,there are updates etc going on but it appears to be just the entry/exit system

It was a double whammy Joe, the truck stop on the way from the A180 usually only had one working “netty”, but I do know that’s been upgraded in the last year or so. Regards Kev.

Can’t fault Jack Richardsons… more should do the same…

ukhaulier.co.uk/news/road-t … acilities/

My place has given all drivers instructions to refuse to tip and inform the office if we are not given access to facilities on site. So far not had any issues anywhere.

LGVStuart:

Doesn’t Jack Richard’s do a lot of work for Smith’s packaging co ?
I was talking to a driver the other day (not JR’s) who said the Livingston branch have notices up banning drivers from ALL facilities, and they have installed a portaloo to get around it.
Don’t know about you lot but I hate those ■■■■ things :smiling_imp: , I’ve refused to use them before, telling them ‘When I see you use it, I’ll use it,.where are the proper facilities’'.

Thing is though, if that is a valid way of getting around the h&s rules, I bet more firms will do it, and you can sure as hell bet it will continue to be the thing there on after all this present situation is over.

To true but a thunder box without hot water is a no no also a confined space and virus breeding ground is unacceptable especially with warmer weather coming.

If in doubt pull out is my moto…ehhh ok not in every situation obvs…

robroy:

LGVStuart:

Doesn’t Jack Richard’s do a lot of work for Smith’s packaging co ?
I was talking to a driver the other day (not JR’s) who said the Livingston branch have notices up banning drivers from ALL facilities, and they have installed a portaloo to get around it.
Don’t know about you lot but I hate those [zb] things :smiling_imp: , I’ve refused to use them before, telling them ‘When I see you use it, I’ll use it,.where are the proper facilities’'.

Thing is though, if that is a valid way of getting around the h&s rules, I bet more firms will do it, and you can sure as hell bet it will continue to be the thing there on after all this present situation is over.

Nothing like being pointed in the direction of a portaloo to make you feel like your regarded as a class below.

Alright for a quick ■■■■■ but the moment someone has a sit down in there & the sun bakes it, they become the pits. Also highly doubt them things hold enough water for every driver to spend 20 seconds thoroughly washing their hands & a trickle of cold water is hardly adequate anyway.

Hi Rikki,

Just to let you know that on Wed 25th March whilst working for Fed Ex I did a delivery and collection from Wright Dental Supplies in Dundee. wright-cottrell.co.uk/

I was told we were absolutely barred from entering the premiseses to go to the toilet or use the wash hand basins and that 'Fed Ex know that!". I replied it was against the law, but they wouldn’t have it. I decided not to have a row and said I’d report it.

I have decided to complain to HSE.

This is a regular daily collection and they have two deliveries/collections per weekday (cages in, cages+products out).

This is a prime example of how lower than low we are thought of, I have emailed company about this but don’t hold up much hope of a reply.

Pulling out is the only option as hygeine requirements are to poor, yes there’s always some one who will do it but that pool is getting smaller and smaller.

Before tipping I always ask if I can use toilets, if no I pull out company will back me 100%.

Course I’m in the minority as most put up with this b ollox.

How hard is it to invest in a 12’ portacabin for drivers ablutions.
But we only drivers aren’t we…

I’ll say it again!!! “Ask first where the toilets are”…

Here’s something supportive from the Traffic Commissioners:

In the above, the link referred to is this:

advice issued by HSE

dieseldave:
Here’s something supportive from the Traffic Commissioners:

In the above, the link referred to is this:

advice issued by HSE

I have reported Wright Dental to the HSE. Fed Ex could be complicit too, silly sods.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-c … e-52103571
Coronavirus: Haulage drivers ‘being refused access to toilets’

Delivery drivers say they are being denied access to toilets at some service stations and petrol garages over coronavirus fears.

Cross Transport, which delivers to supermarkets, said drivers were being told to stay in their cabs when they arrive at distribution centres.

“We’ll end up not getting deliveries done because drivers won’t stand for it,” manager Karl Starkey said.

The Secretary of State for Transport urged service stations to stay open.

The Road Haulage Association (RHA) said its members were being denied access because of fears over coronavirus.

It said drivers would normally use truck stops, motorway service stations or the facilities at distribution centres, but said it had received reports of drivers arriving at their destination to be told they cannot use the toilet or access showers… MORE OF THE STORY IN THE LINK

More proof.

ROG:
Coronavirus: Haulage drivers 'being refused access to toilets' - BBC News
Coronavirus: Haulage drivers ‘being refused access to toilets’

Delivery drivers say they are being denied access to toilets at some service stations and petrol garages over coronavirus fears.

Cross Transport, which delivers to supermarkets, said drivers were being told to stay in their cabs when they arrive at distribution centres.

“We’ll end up not getting deliveries done because drivers won’t stand for it,” manager Karl Starkey said.

The Secretary of State for Transport urged service stations to stay open.

The Road Haulage Association (RHA) said its members were being denied access because of fears over coronavirus.

It said drivers would normally use truck stops, motorway service stations or the facilities at distribution centres, but said it had received reports of drivers arriving at their destination to be told they cannot use the toilet or access showers… MORE OF THE STORY IN THE LINK

i’ve shared this on my Facebook feed, would urge others to do likewise. Best way to let the public know. Not that many of them will give a toss but every little helps as Tesco say.

Thank you.

Essity Trafford Park

I’m just wondering if these [zb] type firms who think we are nothing more than common dirt not fit to use their facilities, have the same policy regarding toilet use towards co.reps, those who rock up to their gates in BMWs, and wearing suits…
I somehow doubt it, I mean, can you imagine them pointing those guys towards a grotty old portabog in the corner of their yard…I think not. :smiling_imp:

Not my picture, but if I was confronted with this then they could kiss their delivery goodbye :imp: