Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

hi carl… when davies bought it , it came up from cornwall and yes it was yellow but it had a stage coach and horse’s and a cowboy theame.

found both articles will post the truck on trial later :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

hope you enjoy reading this :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Didnt they Have a Spainish Depot @KM47 :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

what did they have on the back of the trailers…

supercalibrefrigologistic…

does anyone know the rest.

Yes I think it used to go like,

SUPERCALIBREFRIGOLOGISTICSEXPORTIMPORTDAVIES.
SUPER CALIBRE FRIGO LOGISTICS EXPORT IMPORT DAVIES.

Apparently it was JD who thought of this one day as he sat at his desk, feet up and the smallest roll-up a human can make in his mouth. That’s right shag innit.

Done it and still got the tee-shirt.

John always spent money on clothing for his drivers to look smart. I wish I still had some more shirts, I have a “Team Gel On” tee shirt and a polo shirt, one day I’ll put them on eBay and make a fortune. OK I can dream…

HiAll, I Worked for Davies for about 12-13 years (on and off) starting when he had two trucks. I drove an 89 and " Winky" (Roy Toleman) drove an F12. They were then two tone blue under the banner of MJ&GR DAVIES. We pulled SCAC trailers out of Pompey and then did european traction for STS. Over the years i drove many different trucks for John all bought second hand and mostly left hookers. My first brand new motor for them was an F12 Globetrotter C789 BPO ( fitted with full kitchen pack ) which was later bought by Tony ( Hot to trot ) Bradfield. We then went onto fridge work and the fleet increased to about 30. All new tackle by then. I finished with Davies around 1999 driving a Daf Super Space Cab. I Had a great time working for Davies with a good bunch of drivers. My brother Keith still drives for them. They still do European ships stores in the summer months and mainly UK work in the winter

Hi Mappo, and Neil.

I hope this thread will take off and a few more guys will add to it. Meantime I’ll try to put a pic or two on.

This one with the logo, SUPERCALI…on the doors.

keep the pictures coming. :wink: :wink:

One of my boys in the yard

A range of Volvo’s. A lot of miles between them. At truck fest.

And me coming off a boat at Portsmouth.

I took this pic somewhere near Murcia. anybody know where?.

Mine is the Blue and White one…

seen one this morning on the ring road in bradford r66 gel said sedgenworth east on the trl aint that classed as portsmouth :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

They moved out to segensworth when the area around the old lorraines lorry park was redeveloped somewhen around 2001.

It always makes me laugh when I drive past because there is a kindergarten on the land where our yard used to be and most of the drivers were like big kids .

I’ve dug out a few of my old photos and will try to scan them in somewhen in the next few days. Unfortunately I can only find a few of what I know I had but then I never really took much care of them which is something I’m now regretting.

Until then here’s a couple that I’ve found while wasting time on the web.

Cheers
Neilf

is that a manton of harrogate volvo???nice to see a barry read 112 without the roof extension :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dreva:
is that a manton of harrogate volvo???nice to see a barry read 112 without the roof extension :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Yep, Barry Read sold out, and Mantons are still about doing the eggs.

some nice pics. F88 mmm

who bought reads malc??

Ken Mathews from Newport near Hull.

It went within a couple of months of him buying Read out. Great Shame.

cheers for that mate :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

neilf:

Thats you in the middle Mappo with the old ROKOLD F12.

Hi Paul Who , Kev , Ian , Neilf , Nipper and all
( Bloody Hell its starting to sound like the Waltons )

Nipper i saw pic when you put it on PJK page mate. How are you ?

Me you and Sean from coventry was,nt it ?

If ever i figure out how to do it i,ll put on pics of Davies old 89,s 111,s & 141,s
:confused: ( bit technical for me though ) :confused:

Regards Tony

:imp:
HI BOYS, ITS KWOZZY. I REMEMBER ALL OF YOU, I STILL HAVE NIGHTMARES. TRUCKIN THROUGH EUROPE WITH OUR CHROME STACKS SHINING. ■■■■■■ HITCH HIKERS ON EVERY CORNER.( NOT THE ONES I WENT ROUND THOUGH).