Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

PDB that was Andrew aka “snapper” & I think he said it was the sun rise but pretty spectacular all the same.

On the farming front my Lim X cattle in the park have been having beef nuts every day now for 6 days and you cannot go near the gate with a motor without they come a running and that’s exactly the result I am looking for, giving a bit of hard grub now is a good thing as the grass is not so good in sugars etc at the latter part of the year.

Evening Buzzer

Your cattle look to be enjoying their grub, as you say there isn’t a lot of feed value in the grass now, we have been putting magnesium feed licks into the cattle to try and prevent them going down with staggers. It won’t be long before we will be taking silage out to the bigger lots, and then it will be winter…
We’ve had a busy weekend among the sheep tailed, dosed and dipped 490 yows and sorted them into pure Swaledales and those to be tupped with the Leicester. Won’t be long before we let the Leicesters go and then it’s back to feeding yows and rudding tups oh the joys eh…
Back on the road tomorrow first job tipping concrete in St Helens and then who knows…

Cheers Wrighty.

Andrew on the wash pad in Tracy Island last night, Buzzer.

Only one thing better than one DIT truck and that is two, Buzzer.

And now there are four, very rare to see four British trucks from the same company enjoying an evening meal together and this is in Castets, brings back memories of the 80’s & 90’s and we are still at it and going strong, long may it continue, Buzzer

Buzzer:
Only one thing better than one DIT truck and that is two, Buzzer.

I reckon alot of us have been parked there in the que at Portsmouth ! I like those shiny trailer wheels. :wink:

Morning Buzzer

Busy day yesterday tipped staircases in Litchfield then up to Mansfield and loaded two telehandlers, tipped them near Newcastle and then over to Carlisle to drop the unit and trailer off for MOT on Friday.
Now four days of farming getting the mule gimmers ready for Hawes on Monday, not too hopeful as we have got a very early ballot so we shall see…

Cheers Wrighty.

DSC_1212.JPG

Hey up Wrighty what are the new flat trailers for, is it a particular job or just general use ? of course if you should need any instruction on roping and sheeting there is a retired entrepreneur who lives not a million miles from you and is a bit of an expert in that field and has time on his hands since removing his thread from TNUK, think you know who I am referring too.
Busy morning today as we moved the feed troughs out of the park and in between the two gates leading out, this is when we actually get to move them it is a lot easier, it just means I have to wait each day for them to finish there grub but a peaceful sit in a garden chair just watching them. Then we delivered one grab of rotten manure to one chap and four to another over there hedges with me little Avant loader, that has got to be the most handy bit of kit I have ever purchased. Of to Frome in the morning to see what’s about, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Hey up Wrighty what are the new flat trailers for, is it a particular job or just general use ? of course if you should need any instruction on roping and sheeting there is a retired entrepreneur who lives not a million miles from you and is a bit of an expert in that field and has time on his hands since removing his thread from TNUK, think you know who I am referring too.
Busy morning today as we moved the feed troughs out of the park and in between the two gates leading out, this is when we actually get to move them it is a lot easier, it just means I have to wait each day for them to finish there grub but a peaceful sit in a garden chair just watching them. Then we delivered one grab of rotten manure to one chap and four to another over there hedges with me little Avant loader, that has got to be the most handy bit of kit I have ever purchased. Of to Frome in the morning to see what’s about, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

The new trailers will be used mainly for shifting concrete, don’t think we will require Dennis’s services with the sheets.

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:

Buzzer:

Evening Buzzer

The new trailers will be used mainly for shifting concrete, don’t think we will require Dennis’s services with the sheets.

Cheers Wrighty.

This a shot of the kind of concrete we hauled at Bewick Transport back in the day and a couple of shots of sheeted and roped trailers(just for information you understand !) ! That new trailer looks a bit “slopey” to me Wrighty ? it must be on low slung suspension ? whose running gear is – BPW or SAF maybe ? got to keep my interest in the latest gear eh! So don’t bend or scrape that new trailer Wrighty ! :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

^^^ looks insecure not enough equipment used :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
^^^ looks insecure not enough equipment used :laughing: :laughing:

" So speak’eth the voice of experience" :blush: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

wrighty:

Buzzer:

Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

This a shot of the kind of concrete we hauled at Bewick Transport back in the day and a couple of shots of sheeted and roped trailers(just for information you understand !) ! That new trailer looks a bit “slopey” to me Wrighty ? it must be on low slung suspension ? whose running gear is – BPW or SAF maybe ? got to keep my interest in the latest gear eh! So don’t bend or scrape that new trailer Wrighty ! :blush: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.
[/quote

Evening Dennis

Yes they are quite low so we can load plenty of straw on them, to be honest I haven’t looked at the running gear, I will have a look on Monday morning…

Cheers Wrighty.

Busy morning in the green grocers at 07.30 got the fruit and veg easy as no one else there, then my fencer man came at 09.00 to collect 6 Charolais stirks I bought last week & sold on to him at a modest profit I might add, then at 12.30 the chap who bought me cattle wagon came to collect that so now its a cup of tea and chill, Buzzer

254569_217830038241140_2098061_n.jpg

Hi all, John what are you going to do for a cattle truck are you getting another one i that the one you had was a good one. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, John what are you going to do for a cattle truck are you getting another one i that the one you had was a good one. :sunglasses:

You know me Kev Ime a mover & shaker got an offer and she had to go, got me eye on another one but 7.5 ton just in case one cant pas the old LGV medical you know, cheers Buzzer.

Couple shots to keep us on track with the transport side, Buzzer.

WHY is this necessary, UK border force apparently temperature checking drivers so Kent police started operation stack, no rhyme nor reason for it its just stupidity especially with the country on its knees and trying to get up and get on, wonder who’s idea this was. Snapper has been trapped there for five hours already and no telling when he will get moving, no wonder there are not many UK hauliers left doing this job.
Check the pictures and see how many UK trucks you can see in the pictures, there aint many thats for sure, no toilets or facilities either what a complete mess, this needs sorting and pronto and I bet they dont check them immigrants when they land and on top of that the MOD has offered old barracks to house them as well, we need to get a hold in this country thats for sure, Buzzer

Counter terrorism checks at Dover it seems.
bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-kent-54179979

Buzzer:
WHY is this necessary, UK border force apparently temperature checking drivers so Kent police started operation stack, no rhyme nor reason for it its just stupidity especially with the country on its knees and trying to get up and get on, wonder who’s idea this was. Snapper has been trapped there for five hours already and no telling when he will get moving, no wonder there are not many UK hauliers left doing this job.
Check the pictures and see how many UK trucks you can see in the pictures, there aint many thats for sure, no toilets or facilities either what a complete mess, this needs sorting and pronto and I bet they dont check them immigrants when they land and on top of that the MOD has offered old barracks to house them as well, we need to get a hold in this country thats for sure, Buzzer

I don’t think the MOD are offering anything.
Local councillors are rather upset that central Gov are putting 400 or so in a single camp without any consultation first.
All from different areas and religions etc, no right to work, little cash, nowt to do…