Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

gerbil sb152:
very nice John shame you didn’t have that when i went to Wales. :sunglasses:

You probably would not have come back Kev but you got summit to look forward to if there is another sortie :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: JD.

Buzzer:

gerbil sb152:
very nice John shame you didn’t have that when i went to Wales. :sunglasses:

You probably would not have come back Kev but you got summit to look forward to if there is another sortie :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: JD.

To quote yourself Buzzer " You’ll never see a farmer on a bike " lol

Hi Buzzer, Wasn’t santa good to you then, nice looking motor but how long will it stay that colour inside ho ho ho, could I suggest seat covers be a brownish colour with streaks of dark yellow for effect like, also covers for door panels and dash, or have washer installed in rear ?. Wheres “snapper” ?. Hope you all had a good new year and the best in 2020. Bobs

sheepman:
Hi Buzzer, Wasn’t santa good to you then, nice looking motor but how long will it stay that colour inside ho ho ho, could I suggest seat covers be a brownish colour with streaks of dark yellow for effect like, also covers for door panels and dash, or have washer installed in rear ?. Wheres “snapper” ?. Hope you all had a good new year and the best in 2020. Bobs

Hi Bobs unfortunately Andrew has suffered a family bereavement and is having time away on compassionate leave, as for the seat covers army camouflage seems to be what you are saying, we shall see, Buzzer.

You’ll love this Buzzer, not a lot ! There was an article in our local weekly paper this week about Farron our Lib Dem MP. He has been re elected the Lib Dem spokesmen for farming and Rural affairs and also Chair of the All Party group for Hill farming but wait --------- he’s a ■■■■■■■ VEGITARIAN ! :open_mouth: I think Wrighty won’t be too chuffed either !! Our defeated Conservative candidate James Airey who is a working farmer and leader of the Conservative Group on ■■■■■■■ CC also commented that " Farron was irrelevant just like his Lib Dem Party and a total joke" ! Cheers Dennis.

Looks like you have bought a very tidy motor there Buzzer. The interior looks brand new ! :wink:

As other’s have said however i cant see how you are going to keep the cream door panels clean… :unamused:

I like your idea of trying to buy the cows privately rather than having to pay the auction fees. :smiley:

These looked happy yesterday feeding.

IMG_20200105_124411.jpg

F0487FB3-9704-4D35-8235-60949F8328BA.jpegContinuing the farming theme…
I went for a wander this morning and spotted an old DB tractor looking a bit sorry for itself but in daily use…
Also some moo cows… not sure what make? I’m assuming Limousin or maybe not?

415B8F30-1601-4096-8AD4-E3EB50BB1D73.jpeg

Plus a big store of haylage or silage… someone will put me right… 1800 bales or so…

390AE815-7C89-4116-A0F5-9470FA46B138.jpeg

Bewick:
You’ll love this Buzzer, not a lot ! There was an article in our local weekly paper this week about Farron our Lib Dem MP. He has been re elected the Lib Dem spokesmen for farming and Rural affairs and also Chair of the All Party group for Hill farming but wait --------- he’s a [zb] VEGITARIAN ! :open_mouth: I think Wrighty won’t be too chuffed either !! Our defeated Conservative candidate James Airey who is a working farmer and leader of the Conservative Group on ■■■■■■■ CC also commented that " Farron was irrelevant just like his Lib Dem Party and a total joke" ! Cheers Dennis.

Dennis I don’t understand how you got a Lib Dem for MP they are an endangered species nowadays, don’t like the way this Veggie brigade are going but think at least 97% of us are still meat eaters.
Deano you appear to like your country strolls and those cattle look well and I know they prefer to be outside but that’s ok if you have some well draining soil so it does’nt get too messy under foot.
Balders has caught the wandering bug also, not sure what breed they are but I don’t like animals with head ornaments of any sort so it would be off with them if they were mine, did the sign by the gate say “home farm” per chance, cheers all Buzzer.

No John it didn’t :smiley:
It’s a big enterprise… 200 head maybe…
I know less about cattle than I do about driving ( and that’s saying something ) , but they don’t seem to dehorn so much here… would there be a reason?

Baldrick1953:
No John it didn’t :smiley:
It’s a big enterprise… 200 head maybe…
I know less about cattle than I do about driving ( and that’s saying something ) , but they don’t seem to dehorn so much here… would there be a reason?

LAZYNESS, damage to one another when competing for food in a trough for one, also when a cow has her calf she can be very possessive if you went to tag or ring a bulls balls and you for sure don’t want one of those up your jacksey at speed, Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Have to agree with Dennis about Tim Farron feel sorry for his constituants, how can a vegitarian represent farmers especially hill farmers whose only produce to sell is meat…! This bloody vegan movement is getting out of control, so much biased propoganda is being broadcast some by the BBC and there seems to be no recourse for us meat producers.

Cheers Wrighty (who has just enjoyed a Sunday roast with all the trimmings).

WP_20190314_018.jpg

Hey up Wrighty cant imagine there is much barn building work going on if you got the same weather up your end as we have down here it is fair blowing a hoolie that’s for sure, the heifers look in fine fettle bet there glad to be inside and out the wet & wind.
Can just see you and Dennis meeting up for lunch and getting stuck into a nice nut roast :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: but cant see that happening any time soon, we had a BBQ here some years back and someone wanted me to cool a vegi burger, well it stuck to the grill and looked like squirrel crap never again.
Just had a bit of slow roast brisket for tea and you can tell what its gonna be like soon as you put the fork into it to lift it out the roasting pan, had to go back for just one more slice it were that good and the Boss had seconds as well, off to Salisbury market tomorrow to have a look so will report if there is any action, cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Had a report from Alice earlier, and it seems that we had several loads of stone onto the site throughout the day which now resembles a scene from the Somme. We knew it would be messy but this weather is turning most of our fields into bogs, so it will be spring before it heals up.
Parked up in Ashbourne tonight and the weather is calm and dry at the minute, loading a ejector trailer in the morning for Scotch…

Cheers Wrighty.

Buzzer:
Deano you appear to like your country strolls and those cattle look well and I know they prefer to be outside but that’s ok if you have some well draining soil so it does’nt get too messy under foot. cheers all Buzzer.

Yeah like to walk everyday chap,but as you know we have been having the same weather as you for the last 4 months and some of my walks
are too wet now.

Heres a few more from the airfield. Think they are growing winter cabbage now,will get a pic next time i go.

Cracking looking animals.

IMG_20200105_124411.jpg

IMG_20200105_124422.jpg

IMG_20200105_124425.jpg

IMG_20200111_114858 p.jpg

IMG_20200111_114912 p.jpg

What another miserable day but I was ok in Salisbury market, plenty of single suckled stock but what prices they made in fact I am tempted to sell what I already have in the barn as they would make as more profit now as they would at the end of the year and we have not even had a Candlemas sale yet, home we came empty again with the wind blowing us sideways on pepperbox hill and contending with spastics who drive in such weather with no lights on, they should get points for that, Buzzer.

PS. I have heard that the Hampshire police have now hired three artic units specifically to catch drivers on the phone and other minor misdemeanors and they are on the M3, M27 & THE A34 so beware.

Buzzer:
What another miserable day but I was ok in Salisbury market, plenty of single suckled stock but what prices they made in fact I am tempted to sell what I already have in the barn as they would make as more profit now as they would at the end of the year and we have not even had a Candlemas sale yet, home we came empty again with the wind blowing us sideways on pepperbox hill and contending with spastics who drive in such weather with no lights on, they should get points for that, Buzzer.

PS. I have heard that the Hampshire police have now hired three artic units specifically to catch drivers on the phone and other minor misdemeanors and they are on the M3, M27 & THE A34 so beware.

Up here in Northampton and other Northants towns the police are travelling on Buses on normal routes and watching out the bus windows and taking car registrations of drivers using phones, operating SatNavs, whilst their vehicle is moving or at Traffic Lights… Caught quite a few already in last 7 days.
Regards

OldishJoda:

Buzzer:

Up here in Northampton and other Northants towns the police are travelling on Buses on normal routes and watching out the bus windows and taking car registrations of drivers using phones, operating SatNavs, whilst their vehicle is moving or at Traffic Lights… Caught quite a few already in last 7 days.
Regards

A bus ticket costs a lot less than hiring a truck!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

VEGITARIAN, this is a very old American Indian word, it means, POOR HUNTER. Harvey

VEGITARIAN, this is a very old American Indian word, it means, POOR HUNTER. Harvey