Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Bewick:

Buzzer:

Bewick:

wrighty:
Morning Buzzer

Another busy week up ere gathering crop in, last lot down now and hopefully get some of it in to hay but the weather is not looking too promising.
The crops have been good this year with them been cut a bit later than usual and are greening up faster because there is still plenty of moisture in the ground, still busy on the work front up and down with machinery.

Cheers Wrighty.

Hey Wrighty you must have the biggest spot in’t Dales :open_mouth: ! 5 mile round trip to cart in ? Is all’t land in a ring fence ? :wink: Cheers Dennis.

Dennis sometimes I wonder about you mate if Wrighty had five miles of ring fenced land he sure as hell would not be punching up and down the country with a semi low loader. at the moment he’s got plenty of variety what with the driving and a bit of farming as well, by the way what is the extent of your country estate now we are on the subject, Buzzer.

The “Dalesmen” are as tight as a crabs bum bum at 20 fathoms Buzzer ! They would skin a flea for it’s hide ! I was only jesting of course about the size of Wrighty’s farm :unamused: Ah! my bungalow is surrounded by 2 acres of woodland, Beech, Limes, Douglas fir,Ash and Sycamore and we did have what had been the finest walnut tree in the North of England until it was found to be shot through with disease so it had to be felled. The contractor who I got in to fell it told me he sold the good bit of the main ■■■■ to be used for veneering ! Cheers Dennis.

Evening Chaps

Unfortunately our land is in 3 blocks which is a pain for moving stock and silage, busy day today loaded near home this morning tipped below Norwich loaded near Cambridge now stuck in an accident ont A14…

Cheers Wrighty.

Well you will have to invest in one of those Shepherds huts on iron wheels Wrighty then when you are working in’t furthest block you’ll git forard’ a bit quicker in’t morning ! :wink: Cheers Dennis. PS Buzzer maybe rent it for a couple of weeks “Glamping” when it’s not in use ! :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

For those who are missing “snapper’s” entries on here its just not good enough, Chippodopulus in Roussec in Sothern France and its a tad warm there, cheers Buzzer

66451229_10157301860632243_7972615588176461824_o.jpg

Evening Buzzer

Spotted our resident photographer Snapper on the s/b A34 this afternoon, don’t know if he saw me but I did flash.
Been down Dorchester this morning back upt north now loading at Brindle in the morning, then tipping Kendal then after that who knows…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190710_008.jpg

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Spotted our resident photographer Snapper on the s/b A34 this afternoon, don’t know if he saw me but I did flash.
Been down Dorchester this morning back upt north now loading at Brindle in the morning, then tipping Kendal then after that who knows…

Cheers Wrighty.

Hey Wrighty I never like to see cab doors hanging open !!! Cheers Bewick.

JD See the livestock was right down by the river this mornimg

Wrighty, you were seen in Dorchester when I went to the tip !!.

Bewick:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Yes I know Dennis but the Scanias have a habit of locking the doors with the keys inside, was just building up the air whilst taking a couple of pics.

kerbut:

Evening Kerbut

You should have given us a flash, was on mi way to Higher Woodsford tipped Wednesday morning.

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:

kerbut:

Evening Kerbut

You should have given us a flash, was on mi way to Higher Woodsford tipped Wednesday morning.

Cheers Wrighty.

Weekend at home now Wrighty just been watching abit about the Dales about a chap who has lost sheep rustled that is off the higher ground so he now dips them in day glow orange and has not lost any this time round, is that summit you suffer with ?
Daily job now to run water down to the marsh 14 steers as the recycled stuff has run dry, we are not so lucky with the rain down South as you lot up North and we really need some right now. cheers Buzzer.

Just seen this handy little machine for those small jobs around the farm, would have loved this when I was a kid, Buzzer

66378925_2310471585734591_5947158811528658944_n.jpg

Buzzer:
Just seen this handy little machine for those small jobs around the farm, would have loved this when I was a kid, Buzzer

Looks like the back end of a 4 door car and the roof off a land rover has been grafted on John,

pete smith:

Buzzer:

Looks like the back end of a 4 door car and the roof off a land rover has been grafted on John,

i’d say that’s a complete landy cut down

wrighty:

Bewick:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Yes I know Dennis but the Scanias have a habit of locking the doors with the keys inside, was just building up the air whilst taking a couple of pics.

I wouldn’t worry Wrighty… I think Bewick dot com has too much spare time on his hands these days…
Note to all drivers , please shut door before taking a pic!!

Hi Buzzer,
What a cracking looking machine, a left ■■■■■■ my guess ,EXHAUST PIPE it could be used for all sorts ,esp with the milk maid…thats andrews new motor… ,perhaps he is not getting a lot of euro work to snap.
I used to detest uk work, if a company i was on had ,or gave me too much uk ,i would be away,and i did ,no loyalty,that worked both ways … DBP.

Must admit that little tractor does have a bit of a Landy look about it,had to do a spot of remedial fencing today and replace ten fence piles and my god was that ground hard but we managed it in the end, the Boss went shopping and I relaxed just flicking channels ont TV what with the grand prix at Silverstone, Wimbledon final and the cricket at Lords all pretty exciting even for a neutral observer, England winning the world cup cricket by a whisker, Hamilton the British Grand Prix and Mr Djokovic the tennis, start of a new week and boy we need some of the wet stuff but not looking too promising, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well the end of another busy weekend finished off our first cut silage up in our highest meadows, not a bad crop 49 bales off 6 acres slow job as all the bales have to be led down a very steep track two at a time.
Got about half of the sheep clipped and quite a bit of bedding muck back onto the meadows this week so it feels like we are ahead of the job, unlike yourselves it looks like we’re going to get some of the wet stuff later this week which will be welcome.
Back to it tomorrow collecting machines from Gt Eccleston show and then loading for Romford so should keep us going…

Cheers Wrighty

WP_20190713_006.jpg

WP_20190713_004.jpg

WP_20190713_015.jpg

WP_20190713_011.jpg

Hey up Wrighty bet them high fields dry quicker (closer to the sun) you will be glad of that silage later on in the winter mate as every bale counts better to have a few over than run short eh. Your cattle are looking grand and I see you give em a bit of grub even out on the grass, I am going to start giving mine a little bit of blend mix just to keep em up to speed and as we get through the year the grass has not got so much goodness in it as the sugar levels drop off.
Expecting a call as I have agreed to take some second cut Haylage of a mate to boost my stocks and its not over priced IMHO as it costs a fair amount to make your own. There is a lot for sale on internet but many I think over price it and then they don’t get buyers and of course you need it relatively close to home. Looks like we are going to have lots more hot weather ahead and nought we can do to control that, got me LGV medical tomorrow afternoon so another £90 quid out the window, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Hey up Wrighty bet them high fields dry quicker (closer to the sun) you will be glad of that silage later on in the winter mate as every bale counts better to have a few over than run short eh. Your cattle are looking grand and I see you give em a bit of grub even out on the grass, I am going to start giving mine a little bit of blend mix just to keep em up to speed and as we get through the year the grass has not got so much goodness in it as the sugar levels drop off.
Expecting a call as I have agreed to take some second cut Haylage of a mate to boost my stocks and its not over priced IMHO as it costs a fair amount to make your own. There is a lot for sale on internet but many I think over price it and then they don’t get buyers and of course you need it relatively close to home. Looks like we are going to have lots more hot weather ahead and nought we can do to control that, got me LGV medical tomorrow afternoon so another £90 quid out the window, Buzzer.

Your medical will be free now Buzzer, just remind the good doctor that the BMA says it’s racist to charge for health services!

John.

John West:

Buzzer:

Your medical will be free now Buzzer, just remind the good doctor that the BMA says it’s racist to charge for health services!

John.

John how come its free ? please explain preferably today before I part up with the Wonga, Buzzer