Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Hey up Wrighty was this you doing your apprenticeship, just wondered like Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Hey up Wrighty was this you doing your apprenticeship, just wondered like Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Tidy outfit there although just a bit before my time, I started out on a 112m over 25 years ago so nobbut a pup yet… Busy day in the lambing shed today 17 lambed by 5 o’clock and more tonight so will be another busy day tomorrow. Moved some of the next calvers into the maternity ward ready for calving , aye it’s all go eh…

Cheers Wrighty.

How do i get my hands on a copy of this picture■■?

R99GEL
Oily
[/quote]

goo.gl/images/4zBbGU

The one your after.

16918232025_4256bd3bc7_b.jpg

My sons young dog " Lambert "being taught the tricks of the trade by his uncle " Woody " they learn very quickly at this age, Buzzer

Evening Buzzer

Well it’s been a busy few days up ere sheep spitting lambs out left right and centre, about 150 left so there is light at the end of the tunnel. The weather has been kind this year and has helped the lambs get a good start, lets hope it continues.
Back to work tomorrow got a delivery in Avonmouth and then down to Exeter and then not sure where I’m loading, so that’s tomorrows suprise.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190331_007.jpg

WP_20190329_007.jpg

WP_20190327_001.jpg

HI all Buzzer did you get my text. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
HI all Buzzer did you get my text. :sunglasses:

Thats a YES mate got it loud and clear thanks will be in touch, Buzzer

Here is a picture of the yard where I had my first International driving job for PBC European Transport in 1973 later to become Cabmont who allegedly bought PBC on a cooked set of accounts and there after became British Internationals base in Ashley Crescent, Sholing, Southampton. It is now occupied by LS waste management, oh the memories of 46 years ago how time flies, Buzzer

PS. now you know what I was trying to post Gerbil.

What you deleted buzzer hope you were not going to upset people… :sunglasses:

Hi all, i realize that this is a very busy time of the year for all farmer’s but we have had no farming update’s for day’s now if this Carrie’s on i will have no choice but to go back to The Archers. :sunglasses:

gerbil sb152:
Hi all, i realize that this is a very busy time of the year for all farmer’s but we have had no farming update’s for day’s now if this Carrie’s on i will have no choice but to go back to The Archers. :sunglasses:

Kev I still only got the 22 Angus at the moment but going on Thursday to Salisbury as they have a special sale with over 600 entries so here’s hoping we get a few more set ready for the big Summer turn out. Had a bit of a mishap with the Volvo cattle truck as the clutch totally disintergrated on a roundabout in Salisbury , had to get recovered by Avery’s and they did the clutch but ok now, just come back from Scania’s having the tacho resealed.
Yesterday went down the marshes with the dog and the Boss to see how the grass is and to check no branches had fallen on any fences all was good but it needs to warm up a bit to get the grass a spirt on, will post sum pictures soon mate, cheers Buzzer.

Now then Buzzer. Referring to all things agricultural. I need your expert advice.

During my recent incarceration I was reading a book on bonsai. So back home

I’ve started growing. I’ve planted 30 Japanese Acers in my windowsill propergator.

Two weeks later. Zippo. How long to germinate? Answers on the back of a twenty pound

note. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

charlie one:
Now then Buzzer. Referring to all things agricultural. I need your expert advice.

During my recent incarceration I was reading a book on bonsai. So back home

I’ve started growing. I’ve planted 30 Japanese Acers in my windowsill propergator.

Two weeks later. Zippo. How long to germinate? Answers on the back of a twenty pound

note. Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry mate I only got fifty’s so cant really help you, that mush Titmarsh lives near you and you can get too and back from his gaff in one charge so try him, Buzzer.

Hi all thank’s for that Buzzer i did need a bit of farming input there was not much about farming on country file last night so good to hear from you and what your up to.I expect wrighty is still busy with the last of his lambing this weekend. :sunglasses:

Farm machinery en route, wrighty might know the first one.
Oily

Farm Richard 37584058976_744cf42b52rs _k.jpg

Farm Richard 36321194561_ceae77d530_rs k.jpg

Farm Richard 35629989694_6c15317559 rs _k.jpg

Farm Richard 45023684394_e092db5b1brs _k.jpg

This could’ve been you a few years back Buzzer, albeit with a tidier load.
Oily

Buzzer Alan Grimmett.alg jpg.jpg

Oily always prided my prowess in stacking bales on a truck and here is the proof, lorry almost the same mine IIRC was a D600 260 bales of straw all hand pitched, if we were showing of we used to place all the long side bales cut edge facing forward and it did look good. Picture taken in 1973 and that’s 46 years gone in a flash, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Oily always prided my prowess in stacking bales on a truck and here is the proof, lorry almost the same mine IIRC was a D600 260 bales of straw all hand pitched, if we were showing of we used to place all the long side bales cut edge facing forward and it did look good. Picture taken in 1973 and that’s 46 years gone in a flash, cheers Buzzer.

That brings back memories of my you’ff doing straw cart, loading with a 7ft pitch fork, stab the bale in the middle, back facing the trailer, as you lift the bale on the fork twist round, hand under bottom of fork hand and push up, we didn’t have sq8 or 4, to load em back to the barn, we thought the elevator was a luxury to get them in the lofts. Also were I learned how to rope a load probably, was shown once, then told off you go take it back to farm when your ready, well pulling my first load back across the fields in an old nuffield, and 4wheel trailer, the back stacks fell off, so stop put em back on, rope it down again, I soon learned. Happy days.