Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Bit of r&r in Holland
B3D0C123-8192-4EA1-9528-ED74D6EB7FD6.jpeg

The sun still shines on the righteous lol
48EECB10-53C0-429D-87A9-56387EAC5F07.jpeg

Pompey waiting for the ferry to IoW
573B5C9C-DE21-496A-9D8F-556B2638025D.jpeg

Even on IoW ferry with all that room still put ya right next to the wall Why? Ffs
AB31D6C5-4BFF-409A-A225-729E46A368D7.jpeg

Fishbourne at night lol

They messed up this time actually had room to get out the door for a change!! Let’s get back to Tracy Island for a good clean then!!!
FCEB9301-DE95-46FA-A590-6962BD6C3AE3.jpeg

Before I get a chance to wash it just do an early morning trl change at Chieveley if he ever gets up■■?
1E56EDB5-423D-402E-9CD9-4353EB7418F1.jpeg

Came back to this so work in progress good ol Lomax!!
253E2F74-AFB9-445F-8C24-F4B55811C834.jpeg

Needed that not seen hose pipe for 3weeks all clean again ■■
4389851F-4A6D-4434-98DA-A9C84032C206.jpeg
ADF8BD97-1ADA-4DE1-AEA6-46DA9700440A.jpeg

That must have cost a fair bit on the ferry to the Isle of Wight. I can remember taking a 7.5 tonner years ago and i think it was
about £300 round trip. One of the most expensive bits of water to cross in the world !

Hi Buzzer, This Farming Life BBC2 8.00pm tonight.

R99GEL
Oily

Oily hanks for the heads up on the telly program nice to have summit half decent to watch. Salisbury market yesterday for an inaugural Candlemas sale of store cattle, never seen that m any in that market before nearly 700 head in fact which is a record with buyers from as far as Devon and Shropshire keen to buy which made most of the good stuff out of reach for me so will bide my time, no good paying over the odds at the outset done all that before but plenty of time yet, Buzzer.

Hi all, that was an interesting program on the farming buzzer perhaps you should try the water buffalo they did look very calm and peaceful a bit better tempered than El Torro, then you could always have the opportunity to try your hand at a bit off Mozzarella cheese making. :smiley:

Afternoon Buzzer

Back in the house after feeding the cattle and sheep, we’ve had a couple of yows lambed so not be too long before the fields are full. Had four Limi bulls in at Leyburn auction yesterday 8 months old and they made £890, £910, £930 and £960 not a bad day but could of been a bit higher.
Busy week at work one of ours took a potato planter from Banff to Paris, the reloaded Claas tractors out of Le Mans. Just been out wi the dogs checking and re-setting mowdy traps, 28 caught so far but plenty more to catch.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20190215_019.jpg

WP_20190213_005.jpg

WP_20190212_004.jpg

Wrighty forgive my country side ignorance but what’s a mowdy trap?

short walk:

SW not sure but I think it may be a mole trap, funny how different dialogues are eh I may be wrong though, Buzzer

Buzzer:

short walk:

SW not sure but I think it may be a mole trap, funny how different dialogues are eh I may be wrong though, Buzzer

Morning Buzzer and crew

Sorry about the confusion but yes Buzzers right a mowdy is what we call a mole, and at the moment they seem to be digging for fun and mekin a reet bloody mess. Trying to catch as many as we can before they start breeding again towards the end of March early April.

Cheers Wrighty.

wrighty:

Buzzer:

short walk:

Morning Buzzer and crew

Sorry about the confusion but yes Buzzers right a mowdy is what we call a mole, and at the moment they seem to be digging for fun and mekin a reet bloody mess. Trying to catch as many as we can before they start breeding again towards the end of March early April.

Cheers Wrighty.

Wrighty we used to have a man who went round local farms but he did it with strickneen worms, he would find a run and drop a couple in and it was very effective but alas he could not get it any more so reverted to traps but no where near as good, when I was a nipper they got foxes like that as well but you had to be super careful else you might kill your neighbours dog while you were at it, dangerous stuff that was Buzzer

Our local “Mowdy” catcher on farm land in the Milnthorpe area was a Bloke called Walt Spedding who pedalled around on a bike with all his gear and yes he used Strychnine to eliminate infestations of mowdy’s but unfortunately in his later life when he was well past retirement a massive hole appeared in his left cheek as a result of holding some of his gear between his lips ! He always did shake badly and had to hold his pint with two hands but it was sad to see the state of his face which finally was heavily bandaged. Incidentally, and Wrighty may be able confirm this nick name, but the original owner or a family member of W. Metcalf hauliers from Hawes was called “Mowdy Bill” who was the area mowdy “Hunter” who rode around on a motor bike ! Cheers Bewick.

Eyeball wrighty in Hawick today ,I was on foot by the roundabout nr the river bridge :smiley: