Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

I noticed one on the linkspan on the national news at Calais tonight, these Davies are everywhere!!

Good Evening Lord Buzzder…
Just watching the Beeb news from my secure unit.
Bit of blurb about Bla Bla Brexit and delighted to see on the bit about Calais , one of Davies finest rolling off up the Linkspan…
Made my night. But then , I don’t get out much these days…

Hope all is good in Old Burseldon and regards to you and the family.

Best wishes. Baldrick. :slight_smile:
:sunglasses: :sunglasses:

This poor farmer near Fareham is going to need to by some
Fareham farm fire engulfs barn and 1,000 hay bales bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-46902465

Must have been burning for some time to reduce 1000 bales down to that size eh !! and a good thing he raked it up into the middle to save the barn.
Not that i am a non believer or anything, loosing hay can ■■■■■■■ a small farmer. Harvey

Baldrick1953:
Bit of blurb about Bla Bla Brexit and delighted to see on the bit about Calais , one of Davies finest rolling off up the Linkspan…

Baldrick nice to hear you got up yesterday morning, I always think that is a bonus. As for a DIT truck coming of the ferry ( they wait for a bit of class before filming ) that was a bit of luck as we only have ten trucks now, its not like the hay days of yesteryear when we had 33 on the road.
We still here in Bursledon and a busy week coming up, of to the red market in Frome on Monday to sell my IC steer now gone clear, what a joke that is as he has to go for slaughter.
On Tuesday I have the annual TB test and retest on the Friday so hope there’s no bother there, the Volvo cattle truck has a new MOT so we ready to roll to market with some of the other steers and trade is picking up slightly as we move closer to the grass, bit of scaremongering on feed supplies but I have noticed recently a lot of feed has come up for sale of late and the prices are dropping nothing like a bit of scare to up the prices of a commodity.
Be nice to know where you are hanging out nowadays, not the Emerald isle I take it is it France again, missed your input on here please come more often, cheers Buzzer.

wrighty:
Yes HARRYSPOTTER I loaded at Somersham tipping next door to Sellafield int morning.

Cheers Wrighty.

So that would have been you heading Eastwards along the A590 yesterday late afternoon with a (blue?) tractor on the back? We were going home to Barrow (soon to be Marks and Spencerless) after a few days visiting our daughter down Oxford way.

John.

John West:

wrighty:
Yes HARRYSPOTTER I loaded at Somersham tipping next door to Sellafield int morning.

Cheers Wrighty.

So that would have been you heading Eastwards along the A590 yesterday late afternoon with a (blue?) tractor on the back? We were going home to Barrow (soon to be Marks and Spencerless) after a few days visiting our daughter down Oxford way.

John.

Yes it was me John tipped mi straw then ran back down to J36 and loaded a new tractor for a farm above Bootle, on my way back with the trade-in when you spotted me the tractor was a Claas which are light green in colour.
Back home tonight and we’ve had a sprinkling of snow but nowt to worry about, still be able to feed the yows int morning…

Cheers Wrighty.

Morning all. Wrighty has you trailer got a slid out head board that,s a fair bit of weight dangling over the front if nothing support.s it :laughing:

gerbil sb152:
Morning all. Wrighty has you trailer got a slid out head board that,s a fair bit of weight dangling over the front if nothing support.s it :laughing:

Yes the headboard has three positions straight up, 45 degrees and completely flat for loading straw. I have to get the bales as near to the cab as i dare so we can get two 8’ bales on the neck.

Cheers Wrighty.

Oh right must admit lovely trailer idea for the sort of mixed loads you carry shame A plant don’t put more thought into the rubbish they buy, but that’s the problem when you get bean counter’s ordering the equipment and take no notice off the people that have to use them.As long as they are cheap that’s good enough. :smiley:

Buzzer:

Baldrick1953:

Baldrick nice to hear you got up yesterday morning, I always think that is a bonus. As for a DIT truck coming of the ferry ( they wait for a bit of class before filming ) that was a bit of luck as we only have ten trucks now, its not like the hay days of yesteryear when we had 33 on the road.
We still here in Bursledon and a busy week coming up, of to the red market in Frome on Monday to sell my IC steer now gone clear, what a joke that is as he has to go for slaughter.
On Tuesday I have the annual TB test and retest on the Friday so hope there’s no bother there, the Volvo cattle truck has a new MOT so we ready to roll to market with some of the other steers and trade is picking up slightly as we move closer to the grass, bit of scaremongering on feed supplies but I have noticed recently a lot of feed has come up for sale of late and the prices are dropping nothing like a bit of scare to up the prices of a commodity.
Be nice to know where you are hanging out nowadays, not the Emerald isle I take it is it France again, missed your input on here please come more often, cheers Buzzer.

Glad all good JD …
Had a brief visit on Messenger and spoke to Horrie as well… Nice to catch up:-)
Regarding location… Me and my long suffering Irish squeeze are doing up a gaff in Oradour Fanais, in Charente…

On a farming front… Lovely cattle round this way , will get some pics…

Am watching a rugby game , Munster v Exeter… There’s a player with the surname Cordero… If I remember correctly that is Spanish for a roast joint of lamb? Remember well it was my favourite dish at Victors, way back when…

'Phoned you once from there to say I’d scraped a brand new Shmitz on its first trip… :-0 I was gutted but you were probably more so! I remember I had to have a large Soberano to work up the courage!

We all make mistakes, " said the Dalek climbing off the dustbin " … :open_mouth:

gerbil sb152:
Oh right must admit lovely trailer idea for the sort of mixed loads you carry shame A plant don’t put more thought into the rubbish they buy, but that’s the problem when you get bean counter’s ordering the equipment and take no notice off the people that have to use them.As long as they are cheap that’s good enough. :smiley:

Evening gerbil sb152

Here’s a picture of the neck at 45 degrees, very handy when you are trying to squeeze 4 tractors on…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180920_012.jpg

WP_20180920_001.jpg

Hey up Wrighty one day when I went get some straw at my usual farm source, there was a wagon and drag delivering fertilizer and he had greedy slide outs on the front and back of his trailer, he said when it was loaded it did not look out of place at all even though he knew it made it over length, every ten loads you get a bonus one that way. You tek it easy mate ont farm with no heavy lifting eh, Buzzer.

Hi wrighty. Very cleaver to get 4 tractors on most would drive them straight on then on the phone to the office and say i can’t get them on they don’t stop and think about turning the wheel’s only save’s a couple of inches on each one but it’s enough. It’s the same with us if you know what your doing you can get 3 45 foot cherry pickers on but the subbie’s turn up just drive them straight on then come in the office and say i can only get 2 so then we have to show them how it’s done then they get P—ed off because you have proved them wrong “again”. :sunglasses:

Here’s a picture of the neck at 45 degrees, very handy when you are trying to squeeze 4 tractors on…
Cheers Wrighty.
[/quote]
Now, be very honest, do you sometimes slide the 5th wheel back a notch or two ■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: a well thought out trailer but would think not for any driver. Harvey

HRS:
Cheers Wrighty.

Now, be very honest, do you sometimes slide the 5th wheel back a notch or two ■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: a well thought out trailer but would think not for any driver. Harvey
[/quote]
Morning Harvey

Yes I have to put the fifth wheel right to the back just to get the neck flat, only trouble with the Nooteboom is it only has one position for the pin and not two. Our Wraith trailer has two pin positions so when you have the fifth wheel right at the front it still has plenty of clearance from the cab, with the fifth wheel at the back you have lots of room very useful when you need a lot of overhang at the front of the trailer.

Cheers Wrighty.

All set up ready to load my IC TB steer to Frome Orange market in the morning, he’s been in solitary for over three months so hope we can load him with no problems, he has gone clear now but must go for slaughter so coming to a dinner plate near you pretty soon, Buzzer

[/quote]
Morning Harvey
Yes I have to put the fifth wheel right to the back just to get the neck flat, only trouble with the Nooteboom is it only has one position for the pin and not two. Our Wraith trailer has two pin positions so when you have the fifth wheel right at the front it still has plenty of clearance from the cab, with the fifth wheel at the back you have lots of room very useful when you need a lot of overhang at the front of the trailer.

Morning again,
Nooteboom missed a trick there in thinking all six wheelers using this type of trailer would be double drive.
i remember a King many years ago that when you pulled the 5th wheel right back over a dead axle you took your life in your hands in some weather conditions.
When i see what you get up to in any one week I need lie down after just reading it, good on you pall, long may it last. Harvey

Buzzer:
All set up ready to load my IC TB steer to Frome Orange market in the morning, he’s been in solitary for over three months so hope we can load him with no problems, he has gone clear now but must go for slaughter so coming to a dinner plate near you pretty soon, Buzzer

Silly question, Mr D. Is it not allowed or financially viable for ‘Larry’ to turn up on your dinner plate?

We were up early to load Larry on the lorry which went well and away from home at 8am got to Frome Market by just after 9.30 wash out and then the customary big breakfast, was not going to stay as we had a lot to do when we got home but in the end we did, saw about 10 barren cows sold first and then on to the stores, a lot not very big with some age about them too. When Larry came in he weighed more than I thought at 632 kilo’s, the auctioneer tried to start him off at £1100 but in the end he was away at £900 and when the hammer fell it was £985, its never enough but that’s farming for you but he did look good in the ring.
As The Bear asked we had thought of having him done for home but that’s one heck of a lot of meat to freeze and there is an awful lot of mince involved, personally I would rather just go and buy the cut of choice and its a lot less hassle too, cheers Buzzer
PS. time they take commission and market dues plus diesel for the run to Frome for one animal in the truck the end figure aint so rosy.

wrighty:
Cheers Wrighty.

Good to see you back on the road “wrighty” Thats some load. :smiley: