Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Hi Andrew ,do you still have plug ins on the ferry?i remember we were all ways last up top while waiting for the ships leckie esp if fresh prod.scenery change,not me,all though i expect the work suits you hope it does ,i was like a bloody rolling stone.all so the driver perks finished when i was still at it , so we had to get inventive ?
we cracked the ferro- rocha from alba.also the sausages from oldenburg.it was the loaders m-laud.dbp

Frome market today nice trip down one hour twenty no holdups at all, had a mooch around selected what I wanted but at the end of the day it made too much but I did buy six steers 14mo so out of there at 12.30 home by 2pm unload into barn and will move down later if we get some rain and a bit of grass comes back. Lots of folk round here are feeding cattle already especially the milkers. Saw some corn cut on the way down and some straw baled but very sparse on the field, reckon it will be dear again this year and although a lot of haylage and hay was made we are going to need it. My mat washed out the truck which was messy as reckon them steers were out on grass and it were liquid crap came out the back. Got a bit of topping to do next week just to tidy up a bit on the council ground.
Nice to see Snapper posting his travels again gives a good mix for you fervent followers of this thread, this is a bit of farm life to level things up a bit, cheers Buzzer.

This is a beautiful iconic outfit from the 70’s and I would have had pride to own such a rig borrowed from Fergies post as I could not help myself, Buzzer.

After seven weeks without rain things have changed and the 15000 litres of water stored of the barn roof recycling system has run out so now its bowser time, takes about 3 hours to fill it up as its not huge and it fills the three tanks twice so a regular job from now on. The grass is burned up but the cattle look good and when they graze it reminds me of the police doing a ground search for clues after a murder heads down walking as a bunch and eating as they go. Salisbury tomorrow see if I can bag a few more steers to add to my collection, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Down at Builth Wells tonight delivering tractors for the Royal Welsh show next week, and everywhere down ere is very burnt and in need of rain.
We’ve had a bit of rain at home but not enough to make a difference yet, but on my way down this morning it was quite wet around Lancaster so lets hope for a bit more. Off into deepest darkest Wales in the morning collecting more tractors for the show.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180716_004.jpg

Wrighty I’ve done that show a couple of times ,in town where you can over night park by the river there is actually a shower in that toilet :open_mouth:

takes about 5 mins buzzer per ibc if that :laughing:

Buzzer:
After seven weeks without rain things have changed and the 15000 litres of water stored of the barn roof recycling system has run out so now its bowser time, takes about 3 hours to fill it up as its not huge and it fills the three tanks twice so a regular job from now on. The grass is burned up but the cattle look good and when they graze it reminds me of the police doing a ground search for clues after a murder heads down walking as a bunch and eating as they go. Salisbury tomorrow see if I can bag a few more steers to add to my collection, Buzzer.

We could take a leaf out of the Irish book on how to overcome the water shortage eh !!! Harvey

Hi Wrighty
Took some Challenger and Warrior tanks to Buith Wells Showground a few years ago, bit of a whindy route for a big lowloader.

First on the trucking front two of our trucks loaded early hours of the morning in a field near Rotherham with a not the normal type of cargo being as it was large rolls of turf which sat longways 3 across the floor and were bound for the RDS Arena in Dublin, not the first time we have moved turf in a frigo as we took loads to Southern France to Mr Roman Amromovich’s villa for landscaping his gardens.
Now to events on the home front today, after some discussion with the Boss we decided that the oak pergola which adorned the back of the house would have to go as it had become a bit rickety and is to be replaced with a fully automatic retractable awning made in Germany ( see they do need us still ) anyways man and a chainsaw and stepladder and it reminded me of a demolition company from way back that had the slogan on there trucks " watch it come down " but cannot recall the name. First the grape vines had the chop which provided the shade then the frame with three on the job it did not take all that long with me the forth man in charge of tea making and lunch provisions.
When that was all done and cleaned up it was down the marsh with the water bowser once more and now I am knackered, Cheers Buzzer.

Photo1078.jpg

DISPATCHER:
Hi Wrighty
Took some Challenger and Warrior tanks to Buith Wells Showground a few years ago, bit of a whindy route for a big lowloader.

You’re not wrong DISPATCHER it’s hard work down that neck of the woods, set off yesterday morning from Builth Wells ran up to Bishops Castle via Clun which has a 10 metre length limit apparently but we got through alright loaded three tractors and then ran over to Tregaron to load another tractor. By the time I got back to Builth Wells I’d done about 6hrs driving and got tipped then ran over to Stratford on avon and parked up for the night.

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi John
Syd Bishop they are still going
Cheers
Rich

tribsa:
Hi John
Syd Bishop they are still going
Cheers
Rich

Morning John/Rich,
A couple of Bishop’s, Pete

15185858103_5ff243770e_b.jpg

fly-tipping.jpg

Pete thanks for digging out those pictures of Bishops remember the slogan but could not remember the name. Last night me mate came and we sorted out 20 old chicken bin here since Jan 16 and he takes them to an auction tonight to find new homes. Today I went and collected 30 new POL hens to replace them so hope they start laying soon, the egg production has dropped off mainly the hot weather but today they had a treat as someone gave me half a dozen marrows a veg I don’t like so I cut them straight from end to end lay them in the field and they go mad for it, went out tonight and even the outer skin is nearly all gone. Tonight we are sposed to have rain for 6 hours but I bet it don’t come our way and will veer round us any way we shall see, Buzzer

Daily report on the farming front, down marsh at 0730 this morning before it got too hot with the water bowser they drink a lot more in this unrelenting heat wave which has been going on for nigh on two months here. Let the steers into the haylage field which is about nine acre, it has not got any aftermath much due to the lack of the wet stuff and it does not look like its coming any time soon, here’s hoping. All the steers look well though so that’s a bonus. Buzzer.

Going on two days without a report Buzzer, so up the page with this a year or two ago at Sacrewell Farm, nr Peterborough.
Cheers
Oily

Ray Smyth:

Andrew Morrison:
My lift back to Blighty is here0

Hi Andrew, Great pictures as always from you, Thank you. This picture brings back memories for me.
I sailed on “Normandie” from when it was new in 1992. Could you please put this picture on the
“Normandie” thread that I started a while back. Kind Regards, Ray Smyth.

Hi Ray will do when I get a minute
Cheers Andrew

peggydeckboy:
Hi Andrew ,do you still have plug ins on the ferry?i remember we were all ways last up top while waiting for the ships leckie esp if fresh prod.scenery change,not me,all though i expect the work suits you hope it does ,i was like a bloody rolling stone.all so the driver perks finished when i was still at it , so we had to get inventive ?
we cracked the ferro- rocha from alba.also the sausages from oldenburg.it was the loaders m-laud.dbp

Hi pdb yes still get plug ins on most boats some let you have a running fridge up top outside.Not many perks to job these days it was always nice to be given a bit of what you loaded especially if you loaded it yourself sign of the times I suppose? I’ve loaded Alba a few times!!
Cheers Andrew

Buzzer:
First on the trucking front two of our trucks loaded early hours of the morning in a field near Rotherham with a not the normal type of cargo being as it was large rolls of turf which sat longways 3 across the floor and were bound for the RDS Arena in Dublin, not the first time we have moved turf in a frigo as we took loads to Southern France to Mr Roman Amromovich’s villa for landscaping his gardens.
Now to events on the home front today, after some discussion with the Boss we decided that the oak pergola which adorned the back of the house would have to go as it had become a bit rickety and is to be replaced with a fully automatic retractable awning made in Germany ( see they do need us still ) anyways man and a chainsaw and stepladder and it reminded me of a demolition company from way back that had the slogan on there trucks " watch it come down " but cannot recall the name. First the grape vines had the chop which provided the shade then the frame with three on the job it did not take all that long with me the forth man in charge of tea making and lunch provisions.
When that was all done and cleaned up it was down the marsh with the water bowser once more and now I am knackered, Cheers Buzzer.

Give us a chance you forget some of us still gotta work for a living lol & I done the first load for mr Abramoviches little pad in France few yrs ago now to post some recent pics
Cheers Andrew

A lovely evening on Keele services at start of month
F80E0810-C3A9-4D39-B683-0A681FDC36C5.jpeg