Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Good morning John,
You jogged my old brain cells when you mentioned" Stricknean", I remember an old keeper down at Naish farm Highcliffe, when it was a farm.
He had a match box with the stuff in and would wet a match head, twist it in the powder and smeer it in the eyes of a dead (he shot it) crow.
The fox would eat it and die, another crow had the eyes of the fox and that would die and so on with other critters up to 9 times and that was explained as to why it was called, sticknean ( strike-nine )
Sorry to interupt, just a bit of useless info, rearly like your thread, keep it up. Harvey

When are the new trailers starting to arrive…?

Cant be doing with this hot weather any more we need rain bad, had four grand kids all weekend and thank goodness for the pool at least it kept them happy and it knackers them out for bedtime. Picked 7lb of French beans today but have to water them regular, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
This is where I started my HGV driving with ■■■■ Benney in Helston Cornwall, went to stay with him for a two week driving course with the RTITB run out of the Grose’s yard in St Austell, after passing I was straight in a GUY Big J 180 Gardener up the road that night with 20ton of skimmed milk powder. Those roads were so tight back then especially as I had never before driven a fully loaded artic, no bypasses back then Okehampton, Exeter and the like. After about six months took on a Albion Super Clydesdale 4 wheeler my first HGV truck and subbied for ■■■■ after some time I came back home to Hampshire and started on my own and the rest is history as they say, still ring him on Christmas eve for a chat but we are both creeping on with age, good old days of hard learning. The fleet then was 3 x A series ERF’s a new Scania 110 a year old F88 plus a 4 wheel ERF flat and a 6 wheel Leyland and a Little TK Bedford, cheers Buzzer

Intresting to see how you started Buzzer. Heres one of Grose’s that may bring back some memories.

A03923p.JPG

DEANB:

Buzzer:
This is where I started my HGV driving with ■■■■ Benney in Helston Cornwall, went to stay with him for a two week driving course with the RTITB run out of the Grose’s yard in St Austell, after passing I was straight in a GUY Big J 180 Gardener up the road that night with 20ton of skimmed milk powder. Those roads were so tight back then especially as I had never before driven a fully loaded artic, no bypasses back then Okehampton, Exeter and the like. After about six months took on a Albion Super Clydesdale 4 wheeler my first HGV truck and subbied for ■■■■ after some time I came back home to Hampshire and started on my own and the rest is history as they say, still ring him on Christmas eve for a chat but we are both creeping on with age, good old days of hard learning. The fleet then was 3 x A series ERF’s a new Scania 110 a year old F88 plus a 4 wheel ERF flat and a 6 wheel Leyland and a Little TK Bedford, cheers Buzzer

Intresting to see how you started Buzzer. Heres one of Grose’s that may bring back some memories.

Yep Dean that’s where it all started with HGV’s but had TK’s and D series and a 6 pot FG before all that and got an O licence as soon as they came out in 1971, there were two Grose’s who were brothers and ran out the same yard the other being W.H who’s trucks were red, long time ago now mate, cheers Buzzer.
PS just had a dip in the pool now the kids have gone home, proper lush it was too.

No I haven’t been hiding away in the shade sipping water and snoozing, folks I have been hard at it cleaning out the shed and its about 4ft plus feet deep of compacted manure, done six loads out and one loaded ready for the morning and got two to deliver to a local chap for his allotment tomorrow. We need rain but don’t look like we about to get any in the near future, every body will be on harvest in a minuet if they haven’t already started, onwards we go cheers Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well this weather continues and like you we are in need of some rain, don’t like asking for it cos when it comes it won’t know when to stop. Our meadows that we cut 3 weeks ago still haven’t greened up yet so it’s not looking too good for a second cut.
Got most of our yows clipped and even had time to do the sheepdog as well who appears to be feeling the benefit, He now looks like something off a Specsavers advert.
Been up Scotland delivering mowers and a self propelled sprayer and loaded a combine header trolley and a mower back down today, off down Newark in the morning and then Evesham so it’s all go…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180701_014.jpg

WP_20180703_001.jpg

WP_20180629_003.jpg

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Well this weather continues and like you we are in need of some rain, don’t like asking for it cos when it comes it won’t know when to stop. Our meadows that we cut 3 weeks ago still haven’t greened up yet so it’s not looking too good for a second cut.
Got most of our yows clipped and even had time to do the sheepdog as well who appears to be feeling the benefit, He now looks like something off a Specsavers advert.
Been up Scotland delivering mowers and a self propelled sprayer and loaded a combine header trolley and a mower back down today, off down Newark in the morning and then Evesham so it’s all go…

Cheers Wrighty.

Morning Wrighty, you may know, Is the company "right rain " still going ? made water sprinklers.
Think they had a place down Ringwood way. Harvey

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Well another scorcher eh been down to the Norfolk show ground delivering stuff for the show tomorrow and then down below Bury St Edmunds to load hay.
Got to the field and it hadn’t been baled so we sat for about three hours soaking up the sun waiting. Back up north int morning and then who knows…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20180626_008.jpg

Hi Wrighty,
Followed you from Crooklands garage to A65 roundabout
wednesday about 12.50 you filled my car radiator with hay !!

Cheers Malc

HRS:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Morning Wrighty, you may know, Is the company "right rain " still going ? made water sprinklers.

Sorry Harvey but I don’t know, not something I’ve carried…

Cheers Wrighty.

malc step:

wrighty:
Evening Buzzer

Well another scorcher eh been down to the Norfolk show ground delivering stuff for the show tomorrow and then down below Bury St Edmunds to load hay.
Got to the field and it hadn’t been baled so we sat for about three hours soaking up the sun waiting. Back up north int morning and then who knows…

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi Wrighty,
Followed you from Crooklands garage to A65 roundabout
wednesday about 12.50 you filled my car radiator with hay !!

Cheers Malc

Yeh apologies for that Malc it was bitty stuff, still cleaning it off mi unit a week later…

Cheers Wrighty.

Cheers Wrighty.
[/quote]
[/quote]
Rightrain moved production to North of Barcelona over 20 years ago , if I knew how to put photos on here I have one of my lorry loaded with pipes from there.

Proper spec savers job on the sheepdog Wrighty looks the same to me, is all that hay you carrying now for next winter or are they using it now. Talking of which I may put a feed trailer in the park for the 22 steers that are there as a result of no rain what grass is there is burning up and as you said there is no after growth from making the haylage, last year after 5 weeks there was about six inches of lush growth to follow on too but not this year.
Hit the back wall today so only a few more loads tomorrow and the cleaning out is done, the trouble is i keep getting interuptions during the day but there is no real rush so it dont matter really. Years ago when i used to do straw witha 7 & 1/2 tonner we always swept the loose straw of the bed when we had tipped so it was not all up the road, the straw used to make the wood floors very slippery so you had to be careful or you would end up on your ■■■■, cheers Buzzer.

I knew there was a lot of ■■■■■ in S’ampton Buzzer but not all in one place ! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Dennis not sure if I like you aspersions, I thought most of the Bull crap was up North judging by the drivers we have had from that part of the world. Any ways finished the manure carting and the barn is now empty, took an hour to wash me loader off as that stuff sticks like glue, had a ribeye for tea with runner beans and spuds out of the garden then went and picked 8lb of French beans and bagged ready for sale, after that walked the dog down the marsh and checked the 14 steers down there and all is well, cheers Buzzer.

Morning John,
Back to girls and guns, she has the finger on the trigger so maybe this is not staged, wow is she in for a trip to A&E. The fox will definatley get away this time eh!! Harvey

HRS:
Morning John,
Back to girls and guns, she has the finger on the trigger so maybe this is not staged, wow is she in for a trip to A&E. The fox will definatley get away this time eh!! Harvey

Harvey hope the safety catch is on or she wont have an eye left, JD.

A day when all things got thrown out the pram before the game started, had my morning all planned but the a chap came up from one of the house boats near the marsh where my steers are and said they had escaped into the tall reed, rounded up a couple of mates and got them back with relative ease but then the hard bit as we had to reinstate about 100yds of fencing. The heat was intense 29 degree’s and little breeze and had to put in more than a dozen new posts the only godsend was its marsh and the ground is still soft but firm so they went in not too bad but a job not needed on any day let alone one as hot as this. it took us a couple of hours to complete but its done now so hope that’s the end of it.
Came home had a shower and a well earned cup of tea, too hot to eat ought and will have to do tomorrow what I had in mind for today, typing this at half time of the England Sweden match and we are one up at the moment, lets hope they hang on or get more goals, Cheers Buzzer.

Photo1068.jpg

Buzzer:
A day when all things got thrown out the pram before the game started, had my morning all planned but the a chap came up from one of the house boats near the marsh where my steers are and said they had escaped into the tall reed, rounded up a couple of mates and got them back with relative ease but then the hard bit as we had to reinstate about 100yds of fencing. The heat was intense 29 degree’s and little breeze and had to put in more than a dozen new posts the only godsend was its marsh and the ground is still soft but firm so they went in not too bad but a job not needed on any day let alone one as hot as this. it took us a couple of hours to complete but its done now so hope that’s the end of it.
Came home had a shower and a well earned cup of tea, too hot to eat ought and will have to do tomorrow what I had in mind for today, typing this at half time of the England Sweden match and we are one up at the moment, lets hope they hang on or get more goals, Cheers Buzzer.

Thats a hard job Buzzer in that heat ! Was it all by hand or did you have anything similar to the pics to
help with the job ?

Top n tail with a relief driver Washington services en route Scotland
62745CDC-C5B9-41F8-B8C4-F482668E165A.jpeg