Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Buzzer:
Personally I think it is a Scanny and looks like an aircon on the roof so could be anything but it was no joke going over the steps of Mont Cenis so needed to be well alert and never lose concentration. Been over many time in the day and at night as many of us did especially if you had dodgy permits and before any one starts there were a lot doing that back then. As for Cenis the drop away on some of those hairpins was quite drastic and remember Bakers of Southampton had a fifty foot trailer they brought escalators home from Italy on and the back under run bar would drag on the road so severe was the drop off. As for madness on there the milk tankers were nutters but most treated it with the respect it deserved as a mistake was catastrophic.
Salisbury market today and managed to secure a further six Charolais steers so the barn is filling up slowly, also ordered a new chicken house to try and keep up with demand for free range eggs and waiting on delivery and erection like most of us, Buzzer.

The old herd must be getting pretty big now Buzzer. How many cows have you at the moment ?

" and erection like most of us, "

True Buzzer, it’s an age thing !!

Moved the feed troughs into the lean too as more space needed so every one gets some, Buzzer.

Evening Buzzer

Well a relatively successful day at Hawes auction on Wednesday managed to sell 15 tups with a top price of £3800, grossing around 16k in total so should keep the wolf from the door for a while… Another busy day tomorrow getting the remainder of the cows and calves in ready for TB testing on Monday, dreading it as it’s that wet they will make a right mess getting them in through the fields.

Cheers Wrighty.

Buzzer:
Just bin out to get some more shallots for pickling as trying to keep up with Andrews scoffing them and it bucketing down out there, why is it that the public cant drive sensible in the rain, twits with no lights on as if they were taxed so best of in doors this morning doing a few more jars.
Now last night as I was going to bed there was a fly flitting about the bedroom and that made me wonder where do they all go in the Winter, do they hibernate or what. There are millions of them about in the Summer so any one know the answer ?
Took three bales to the big steers that are outside yesterday and even though its on gravel its getting a tad sticky so cant wait to move them to there new pastures but again the rain don’t help at all, Buzzer.

Now Buzzer if you changed your “lower under garment” more regularly you’d have no trouble with flies ! :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Anon 1.

Buzzer:
Moved the feed troughs into the lean too as more space needed so every one gets some, Buzzer.

Whats the size of the herd now then Buzzer ■■

Hi Dean I have 24 in that shed and 25 outdoors which we hope to get in and worm on Sunday then put back out in a new patch to me of 15 acres right on my doorstep.
Day out today and what spiffing weather to visit the Shaftsbury collective agricultural auction which certainly drew the crowds, the world and all its uncles there today but did manage to secure a couple of big water troughs and a new square two round bale feeder which at £260 I thought was cheap as chips would not want to make it for that, lovely ride down over the forest to Fordingbridge into Dorset and back into Wiltshire and then back to Dorset again with stunning views dropping down into Shaftsbury over Zig Zag hill like a mini Mont Cenis that was but to tight for an artic I should think, Buzzer.

Photo0873.jpg

Been a busy week up ere with tup sales and the like now it’s back to work getting the Yows in lamb, changing tups today and rud colours and the cycle begins again.
An interesting weekend for us as a bird of prey club from west Yorkshire who were celebrating their 50th anniversary came up for two days of rabbiting, Friday they were using Goss hawks and today they were flying Harris hawks. A far quieter and more interesting way to control our rabbit population.

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20171028_006.jpg

WP_20171028_004.jpg

Well Wrighty I can see you got the winter clobber on and I know you bin having your fair share of the wet stuff, it is nice to be able to put a name to a face and I am supposing that is you in person with the falcon, we all know what Alice looks like so now we have the full picture must get some one to take my mugshot though some would say it would not fit on the screen. Got all things set up for the cattle move tomorrow up here to worm them then into there new field so we shall see how it goes will update with pictures if I remember to take some, cheers Buzzer.
PS. do you eat rabbit as a lot down here wont touch em since the mixey got at them.

Morning Buzzer

Yes it’s me int waterproofs holding the Harris hawk, unfortunately this is now the standard clothing required until about May when the weather should pick up. We don’t eat rabbit but our regular rabbiting men from Doncaster seem to love eating em, and anything else that they shoot. Beef is the mainstay in our house probably because we have a plentiful supply, and because we know where it’s from and how it was reared…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20171022_004.jpg

Leaving Tracy Island behind this morning a few in stables for weekend but no rest for the wicked off we go on our travels
IMG_0858.JPG
IMG_0859.JPG

Bit tight in Slough
IMG_0781.JPG

Converted mill in Darwen

IMG_0803.JPG

Germany [attachment=0]IMG_0807.JPG[/attachment

Perl lux-German border

Slight problem last week??
IMG_0812.JPG

We even venture into the Valleys is it !!
IMG_0843.JPG

Just a few from last couple of weeks mainly propelled by the after effects of some ■■■■ fine pickled shallots all we need now is the chicks to start laying so we can have some pickled eggs to go with em?? Also a good job I travel alone lol
Cheers Andrew

Thanks to “snapper” keeping the mix of trucks and farming equal let me know if you run low on shallots as the store is fair bulging at the mo and more for me to process Andrew.
Well today the troops mustered at 10am to help move the bigger cattle home and run through the crush to worm then into new pasture which was three trips with the trailer and I must say it went like clockwork even to say Rolex like and all done bar the cleaning up in under two hours so well pleased, nice to have the help when needed, Buzzer.