Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Which shot do you prefer to look at Buzzer ? The arse end of the Steers or the Scanias in the yard ? :slight_smile: Cheers Dennis.

Probably like you Dennis now we are retired from the trucking industry there is nothing better than looking at a nice rear end especially on a woman but we still get reminiscent when seeing all these old photos of waggons going about there work in the days we still remember well, just. Today its just not the same as the industry has moved on, like you I remember sheeting and ropeing many a load and I got great satisfaction from seeing the end result even when it was peeing down or blowing a hoolie or both. Those days are long gone now but we still have the pictures and our memories eh, cheers Buzzer.

Salisbury Market today quite a bit there and as usual the good stuff always makes the money, only interested in three beasts but they started at £800 that was me out of the running but saw a few old friends over a cuppa and home, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Salisbury Market today quite a bit there and as usual the good stuff always makes the money, only interested in three beasts but they started at £800 that was me out of the running but saw a few old friends over a cuppa and home, Buzzer.

Now then Buzzer you can’t it with you, there’s no pockets in a shroud ! :unamused: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.PS and who bought the cuppa’s / :blush:

Buzzer:

Evening Buzzer

Looks like an ex Wm Armstrong from Longtown, sold our mule gimmers last tuesday top pen made £130/head and our average was up £2 per head so not too bad.
Busy at work been up to Banff this week loading straw, back home tonight off to York tomorrow then loading Market Weighton for Gaydon so should keep us going…

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170914_013.jpg

WP_20170914_008.jpg

wrighty:

Buzzer:

Evening Buzzer

Looks like an ex Wm Armstrong from Longtown, sold our mule gimmers last tuesday top pen made £130/head and our average was up £2 per head so not too bad.
Busy at work been up to Banff this week loading straw, back home tonight off to York tomorrow then loading Market Weighton for Gaydon so should keep us going…

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi Wrighty,
Are you enjoying it better than the milk? Suppose the variety makes the week go quicker? Pete

First of all Dennis it was me who bought the tea’s at Salisbury Market being the generous sort of chap I am its in my nature.
Pete I am sure Wrighty enjoys his new job being a farming lad anyways he is surely right for that job knowing how to drive all sorts of bits of kit must be an advantage too.
Me I went to Easton today to browse the farm sale due on tomorrow, it never ceases to amaze me how much junk farmers collect during there life but most of it finds a new home on the day, did not see much there of interest just a few tidy cattle feed rings but most well past its sell by date IMHO so its off to Frome Market to try and secure some more Lim stores, not too many there but in October there are three sales one after the other each week with annual consignments from big producers so watch this space, Buzzer.

Now then Buzzer lets just re-cap as to what sort of beasts you are after buying ------

1. At least 3 good legs and a “■■■■■■■” ( Old H’oss mans description!)

2. Must have at least one good eye!

3. No more than £250 for the “pen”

4. And £100 back for “luck penny”

No we are talking !! Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Now then Buzzer lets just re-cap as to what sort of beasts you are after buying ------

1. At least 3 good legs and a “■■■■■■■” ( Old H’oss mans description!)

2. Must have at least one good eye!

3. No more than £250 for the “pen”

4. And £100 back for “luck penny”

No we are talking !! Cheers Dennis.

Dennis think you are half a century out there wi them sort of prices, buy the best and leave the rest always a good motto were cattle are concerned as an old friend said to me once “you cant make rats outa mice” and he aint far wrong Buzzer.

pete smith:

wrighty:

Buzzer:

Evening Buzzer

Cheers Wrighty.

Hi Wrighty,
Are you enjoying it better than the milk? Suppose the variety makes the week go quicker? Pete

Yes Pete enjoying the variety and the challenge of loading different machines, parked up tonight at Gaydon tipping here in the morning then not sure what’s after that…
Buzzer we have a saying up ere about Swaledale tups, “you can mek a gud en better, but you can’t mek a bad en into a gud en”

Cheers Wrighty.

WP_20170921_001.jpg

Well of to Frome Market today but first we had to endure the sale of 200 odd Organic cattle and not much I was interested in to be fair and one lot I was after was a no show but I did manage to sell me Merc truck subject to the money going in to the bank and as I always say nought sold till you got the Wonga. Slight delay demonstrating the truck but still home in time for my meeting to get mesen farm assured, the fella did all the legwork all I had to do were some signatures, for those of you who don’t understand this it means I do things to a certain standard and could put £50 a head on the older cattle when they go so going to give it a shot, its the sign of the red tractor on the cattle passports that do it just got to find some alternative moo mover for the short term now, cheers Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Well of to Frome Market today but first we had to endure the sale of 200 odd Organic cattle and not much I was interested in to be fair and one lot I was after was a no show but I did manage to sell me Merc truck subject to the money going in to the bank and as I always say nought sold till you got the Wonga. Slight delay demonstrating the truck but still home in time for my meeting to get mesen farm assured, the fella did all the legwork all I had to do were some signatures, for those of you who don’t understand this it means I do things to a certain standard and could put £50 a head on the older cattle when they go so going to give it a shot, its the sign of the red tractor on the cattle passports that do it just got to find some alternative moo mover for the short term now, cheers Buzzer.

That was an expensive mistake,not securing the tractor properly ! :open_mouth:

The pic of the green scania looks very tidy. Out of intrest years ago alot of farmers used to use swap
bodies,so they had a cattle box and a flat bed body. Has that gone out of fashion Buzzer as always seemed
a good idea ■■

Dean a lot of cattle trucks have boxes made so as you say they can be lifted off to do flat work, this happened a lot in times gone by and the chap who did our livestock haulage used to do a lot of straw in the season. also the boxes if good would out live at least a couple of lorries so this was lift off and on to the new, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Dean a lot of cattle trucks have boxes made so as you say they can be lifted off to do flat work, this happened a lot in times gone by and the chap who did our livestock haulage used to do a lot of straw in the season. also the boxes if good would out live at least a couple of lorries so this was lift off and on to the new, Buzzer.

Always seemed a good idea Buzzer ! :wink:

Moved all the big cattle out of the marsh summer grazing today as I need em to chomp off me other field, may out winter them as its on gravel but if the prices stay high in auction may test and send on there way we shall see as I have just completed me Farm Assurance thingy which should add 350 quid a head, Buzzer.

Wedding anniversary today 41 years of service by my good Lady and more trucks than she cares to remember and still works in the business four days a week and I just float around indulging my interests. Murky here this morning but I have some shallots on there way here in readiness for pickling much better than onions in my opinion and have already been asked for supplies, nothing better with cold meat IMHO but the after effects I will not be held responsible for.
Paying a visit to the yard this morning as it is one of our drivers 65th birthday and Roger Limburn has been with us for well over twenty years and that is very unusual in our game as loyalty seems to have gone out the window and the grass is not always greener, watch this space that’s all I got to say. We have got young Roger a cake just a small gesture but we are going to put the 6 and the 5 round the other way and tell him he’s got another nine years to go but he is carrying on anyway, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Wedding anniversary today 41 years of service by my good Lady and more trucks than she cares to remember and still works in the business four days a week and I just float around indulging my interests. Murky here this morning but I have some shallots on there way here in readiness for pickling much better than onions in my opinion and have already been asked for supplies, nothing better with cold meat IMHO but the after effects I will not be held responsible for.
Paying a visit to the yard this morning as it is one of our drivers 65th birthday and Roger Limburn has been with us for well over twenty years and that is very unusual in our game as loyalty seems to have gone out the window and the grass is not always greener, watch this space that’s all I got to say. We have got young Roger a cake just a small gesture but we are going to put the 6 and the 5 round the other way and tell him he’s got another nine years to go but he is carrying on anyway, Buzzer.

Congratulations Buzzer, i reckon your missus has had something to put up with for 41 years !! :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Nice to see the horse drawn carrige ! :smiley:

41 years eh Buzzer? And you said it would never last. Many congratulations

to you both. Here’s to many more.Regards Charlie :laughing: :laughing:

Congratulations Mr and Mrs D. Always good to see long lasting marriages.

Congratulations on 41 years…
I have survived 45 years last month lol.

Regards