Davies Int. Southampton. With photos (Part 1)

Lamia motorway north of Athens

Its great to see some more pictures of this fleet out and about! :wink:

Made a brief visit to the yard and encountered our intrepid photographer Andrew and fellow stalwart Roger aka WuWa for a little jovial light hearted conversation, at which point I told them that to entitle them to be considered for this new pension thingy we are obliged to do on behalf of the government as they have no money left for state pensions cos they have given all the money they had put by for that helping to house and keep ■■■■■■■ from Syria who don’t want to stay in there country and fight for it. Any way I told them we had to do an in house medical examination in alphabetical order but we only had one pair of long arm marigolds which would be turned inside out when the letter L was reached as this is half way through the alphabet, they were not to impressed and I think they have gone off the idea of a company pension plan but at least we had a bit of a laugh, Buzzer.

Heres one from back in the day of Micky Long…Photo is one of Richard Greens…

Tony that’s from the transitional period from two tone blue and red chassis to blue and white, if I am honest I still prefer the two tone blue as I think it is far more appealing but it was because of cost at the end of the day and trucks just came factory painted and sticky stripes and writing were added, Buzzer.

I,m sure most would agree Buzzer that the old colour scheme was the dogs do da,s but obviously
as the fleet grew the cost had to be taken into account…

That pic must have been taken after i left with Mick driving C789, and i assume that Richard was driving the 112…

And you took your “NO” Novara reg. badge with you by the looks of it!

Good morning each!

Mr Cherrett had D385 GDD first, I expect that is why Mr Green is having a 'busman’s holiday covering for him. That was one of the 1st Blue and white, the other being E650 NDG which Mr Clue embraced with his sheepskin seat covers.E650 was a 142, D385 a 112, both green when purchased from Holland? A company called Govers? (Not Roy)

Longo always drove what was at the bottom of the fleet, not that C789 was by any means a poor truck, but by then everyone was revelling in blue and white Scanias in Warspite Road, Woolwich every Sunday

gazzer:
And you took your “NO” Novara reg. badge with you by the looks of it!

Gary
Looks like Tone took the badge,but left his socks and sandals for Mick !!

Regards
Richard

Oiiii !!! pack in you two, you,ll tarnish my good reputation… :blush: :blush:

As it happens gazzer, i,ve got one or two unseen ones of the Joker…watch this space…

Govers…Internationaaaal Piggy Wiggy Transpoorten!

gazzer:
Govers…Internationaaaal Piggy Wiggy Transpoorten!

They never had night heaters in as they never stopped long enough to get cold as they were always double manned, they had coconut floor mats in when we got them and they stunk of pigs for about six months but eventually the smell went unlike the smell of Clueys feet which was much worse and when Les Slater serviced his motor he used to open the doors 1/2 hr before entering, he was not a dirty person just had a terribly bad problem with foot odour, Buzzer.

Do ya think Mappo taught this guy all about style?

Yesterdays outing in the forest, coming down Mont Tumulus with retarder working hard in low gear and dual disc brakes also in action, rather go up any thing than go down it, Buzzer.

Richard Green posing.

Mappo the truck is doing the posing, dear Ricardo just happened to be standing there, JD.

Buzzer:
Made a brief visit to the yard and encountered our intrepid photographer Andrew and fellow stalwart Roger aka WuWa for a little jovial light hearted conversation, at which point I told them that to entitle them to be considered for this new pension thingy we are obliged to do on behalf of the government as they have no money left for state pensions cos they have given all the money they had put by for that helping to house and keep [zb] from Syria who don’t want to stay in there country and fight for it. Any way I told them we had to do an in house medical examination in alphabetical order but we only had one pair of long arm marigolds which would be turned inside out when the letter L was reached as this is half way through the alphabet, they were not to impressed and I think they have gone off the idea of a company pension plan but at least we had a bit of a laugh, Buzzer.

Ha ha !! Roger was ok when he thought he was going first because of his long service but stopped laughing when the alphabet was mentioned lol

Italy on a day off good parking & good food :smiley:

Loaded fresh pasta at Fara San Martino :smiley:

Rimini nord good restaurant & the sun always shines on me lol good start to the day :laughing: