Daf xl & man tga xxl

What would you guys currently rate as the best truck between the DAF XF Super Space Cab and the MAN TGA XXL machine… :question: :question:

Which manufacturer would you consider buying, and of the two mentioned which do you think or know provides the best backup and after hours services etc… :question: :question:

Your comments are very welcome indeed, I’am just doing some research for a friend of mine, as he is thinking of buying a new machine… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

He has just purchased an 8 month yr old Scania 164 580, with a CargoBull fridge trailer connected up for the continent runs…The Scania is some bus guys, unbelievable…topline cab and tons of space for the driver.

With Alan Jackson’s Greatest Hits playing, it sure is a some baby… :wink: :sunglasses:

Cheers for the advice in advance… :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing:

First make a list pro,s+con,s for both vehicles. which shows then to you
all at once what manufacture is good for you as each person who
has a transport firm has a different approach to picking his vehicles.
I may go for the cheapest, where upon the other will buy for resale and
for his drivers a top notch class of vehicle, Here are a few points that I
would use when buying a vehicle,

1. a helpful and understanding salesman who does not use the wrong
    approach when we are talking about the purchase and type, also use
    of the vehicle
    2.Resale value
    3.a good workshop net work , with in my near one that is 24hr 6/7 day opening times.operational
    4.spare parts not being overpriced or haveing a long waiting period
    when you apply for them.
    5.a good breakdown service which is operateing in those areas where
    I do carry out my work.
    6.when purchaseing a vehicle that it is spec,s are exactly what I wish
    and that any one who is useing it has all those points that he/she requires, ie, fridge,telephone, fax &printer, air condition(WORKS WITH OUT
    THE ENGINE ON):radio/cd. retarder, extra lighting, twin fuel tanks. etc.
    I ave listed a few points and maybe now some more people will have
    their say now, I will add one point now about the breakdown system
    I have used this in a few countrys and can only say that the service has
    been all ways of the highest standard even in countrys from the old
    east-block, the manufacture of the lorrys that I drive at present is MAN but
    this does not mean a black mark for any other manufacture as DAF;VOLVO;MERCEDES RENUALT etc all have a good system . I have not
    got any more suggestions but as it is weekend soon you will get some more replys.

DAF every time

Right made my list and the only things i can come up with that is wrong with some trucks is that they do not have DAF on them, Daf everytime :laughing:

I think the MAN is the truck to go for now, and that is from a Daf Lover.

Im impressed with the new D20 engine, for power, fuel economy and weight.

Certainly nothing wrong with DAF but they are quite dated.

Our company run all makes and have finally chosen the TGA as the replacement for Scania, Volvo, Daf, Renault

I have a MAN XXL. The cab is massive. The new D20 engine is one of the most modern on the market (I don’t have this).

I looked inside a DAF XF and thought the room inside was nothing compared to the XXL, are there bigger sizes of XF? Maybe I am not comparing like with like. The XXL has a virtually flat floor which is handy. Auto boxes on both are similar, I would say.

Drive wise, gearbox and handling, there probably isn’t much between them, although you can’t throw the X around as it rolls a fair bit, but for continental work I wouldn’t say you need a go-cart. I would say the DAF has a stronger re-sale and residual value. The parts supply is my only concern with MAN as sometimes the backup isn’t brilliant.

I do think with the right colour scheme and not much silly writing on, the XXL looks one of the best trucks on the road.

The XXL are pretty reasonably priced as well. Not sure how much DAF’s are but am I the only one that thinks Scania’s and Volvo’s (especially Volvo’s, what planet are they on?) are very overpriced compared to the competition.

DAF, MAN/ERF and MERCS are a good choice for reasonable money.

When I was looking for a new motor I wanted a DAF ssc but the dealer couldn’t be arsed to do his job.
Mind you the MAN dealer never even bothered to ring me back.

So if this is the example of their customer service then neither

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: this is no competition :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: daf xf any time … but if you cut my leg off it would say daf all the through it like a stick of rock :exclamation:

Funny if you cut my leg off it would say

Arrrgghhhh you [zb] that hurts

you know it’s not allowed if it needs creative spelling! …Denis F

Where I work we have just had quotes in from DAF, MAN and Merc for a big cab unit and the DAF SSC was cheaper by 10 grand compared to a XXL. In fact the boss said that with a 5 year R & M contract on the DAF it was still cheaper than just the price for MAN unit on its own! The Merc was also about 5 grand cheaper than MAN

A pal of mine has just bought a 6 x 2 merc megaspace 460 for £57,000 ish

man tga xxl for me big cab and no engine hump which the daf has.although saying that on price id have a 480 magnum the chap i work for got quoted 48 grand for a brand new one

Carl:
man tga xxl for me big cab and no engine hump which the daf has.although saying that on price id have a 480 magnum the chap i work for got quoted 48 grand for a brand new one

I know it’s a different market, but I’ve just got a new premium, and I can’t fault it. There again I am not a big cab fan, all I see is more cleaning and polishing :smiley:

renaultman:
I know it’s a different market, but I’ve just got a new premium, and I can’t fault it. There again I am not a big cab fan, all I see is more cleaning and polishing :smiley:

Welcome to TruckNet UK Renaultman :slight_smile:

I don’t like big cabs either - in my job they would be bent or scratched in the first months !! a Daf 85 cab is big enough for me - I did look at some premiums before I bought the DAF - local Renault agents let the truck down!!

Welcome to Trucknet UK Renaultman :smiley: :smiley:

CM:
Welcome to Trucknet UK Renaultman :smiley: :smiley:

Cheers, have been lurking for a while, just thought i’d register and throw my twopennorth in every now and then.
I’m not one of these 'it has to be a topline Scania guys tho, just, to almost nick someone elses sig ‘trying to make a living’

renaultman:

Carl:

So if a Magnum can be had for £48k, what price was a new Premium??

:blush: If you don’t mind me asking!! :blush:

DAF…MAN…DAF…MAN…DAF… :question: :question: :question: :question: Got to be DAF :smiley:

Bully

marcustandy:

renaultman:

Carl:

So if a Magnum can be had for £48k, what price was a new Premium??

:blush: If you don’t mind me asking!! :blush:

TBH not a hell of a lot less, but it was painted, with tipping gear on, and particularly well loaded with extras, I’ve only had it 12 weeks and so far it is proving to be a nice light, reasonably economical truck.
It’s my 1st none DAF for 5 years, and this is only because of availability, and an increasing lack of confidence, in their aftersales service :confused:

Well, good luck Renaultman!!

I can’t complain about having others experiences to judge before taking the plunge. :wink: