DAF 85CF FTP

Anyone using one of these with the lightweight mid axle? What sort of kerb weight are you? Do you like the truck, (hope so i have just bought one!!)

Hope you specced it with the retarder because the DAF engine brake is a joke!!! Did you go for the AS-Tronic?
Thats a new Stas trailer and a new DAF CF inside a couple of weeks have you won the lottery?!!! :smiley:

i used to have this one and i loved that truck but now ive left and wish i could have took it with me.

it was the as tronic which was ok but abit slow on the hills didnt pull right well because the computer took to long to decide which gear to use whereas on a manuel you would have dropped a gear and pulled away up the hill.

Bought a manual gear box for that very reason.

p.s. If I had won the lottery I wouldn’t be in farming or haulage!!!

AM

jessicas dad:
it was the as tronic which was ok but abit slow on the hills didnt pull right well because the computer took to long to decide which gear to use

Sure it wasn’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:
Bad worker always blames his tools! :laughing:

ianyng:

jessicas dad:
it was the as tronic which was ok but abit slow on the hills didnt pull right well because the computer took to long to decide which gear to use

Sure it wasn’t you? :stuck_out_tongue:
Bad worker always blames his tools! :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: no it was definatly slow :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

andymad:
Anyone using one of these with the lightweight mid axle? What sort of kerb weight are you? Do you like the truck, (hope so i have just bought one!!)

I’ve got one, it’s mega light, under 8t with tipping gear on, fairly economical, and pretty reliable, it’s done about 500,000ks had 2 clutches, the head gaskets done (common fault) and apart from that just odd valves etc.
Oh the computer’s flipped once or twice, and as previously stated, the Exhaust Brake’s a joke :wink:

andymad:

AM

You cant beat a truck with a good old fashioned manual gearbox!! :wink: :wink:

SMUDGER:

andymad:

AM

You cant beat a truck with a good old fashioned manual gearbox!! :wink: :wink:

freight liner have a brand new one sitting in the yard doing nothing but when someones is of the road then they take out the spare and thats manuel and everybody wants to keep it.