Auto gearbox on the DAF

What can anyone tell me about the good and bad points of the auto gearbox (AS TRONIC) DAF 430 space cab 6+2 tractor please,whats your thoughts cheers.

pretty good going forwards, can make you look an idiot in reverse, especially reversing uphill onto a loading bay.

the tend to be a little slower on the change than a manual box, so, try to forward plan your drive, roundabouts, junctions, that sort of thing.

they are not the best auto box on the market, but they are by far not the worst either.

once you get used to the auto, they are pretty good.

also, there is a hidden reverse gear on them, according to the dial change button, there is a RH and a RL, there is another RL which is not rev limited like the RL on the dial :wink:

if you get a Transmission Warning light come up on the dashboard, check your air guages, build up the air,turn off the ignition, remoe the key for a few seconds for the computer to reset, then restart, all should be ok :wink:

Thanks for that,would you say they are on parr with the volvo one, has they sound very much the same as you describe shuttle cheers

i’ve never actually driven the Volvo I-Shift gearbox, but from what i hear, the Volvo is a lot better than the DAF ASTronic

If the trucks I’ve driven are representative then the DAF ASTronic definitely gets better with time as I’ve driven an 04 pate CF which was quite hard to drive smoothly (especially at junctions) but the 07 plate XFs I’ve driven were much smoother and almost as good as Volvo’s I-Shift.

Paul

Is it worth saying anything ? :smiley: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

DAFMAD:
Is it worth saying anything ? :smiley: :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Of coarse it is mate always welcome
I have drove 05 and 55 plate Daf85 430 and they make you look like a mug at junctoins roundabouts and reversing drove a MAN on a 57 plate awesome to drive same gearbox
Now have 105xf 460s again really good to drive a bit slow off the make but good
Had a go in my mates 59 plate 8 wheeler tipper last night 410 auto what a machine as fast as cars of the mark always changes bang ongot back in my xf i could get near it on the way home :blush: