Cumbria companies

I wonder if this Bearing Co is called Scots :question: , I recall picking a part load up for T.B.Pearson Tower Crane makers, Wincomblee Works Walker, Regards Larry.

Got this Demo for a fortnight

hodgeturbo:

You’ll be as smooth as a chocolate sat behind the wheel of that motor Paul but can you get one months work out of it while your running it ? Is there much night work at the moment ? can’t see you buying one of those so you might as well flog the bollox of it while you have it but log all the fuel figures and Driver’s comments to send back wid it eh! Does Kenneth know what your on wid ? Cheers Dennis. PS or just letter it up “TA” and you’ve got another contract Hodge ! :wink:

Does anybody know who this haulier is please?

Pennineman:

He would be from Silloth I guess but that is as far as I can help ! Cheers Bewick.

I saw somewhere on one of the TN threads that someone posted that there had been no coal used for power generation in the last three months which I suppose is great for the environment. But on the coast at Whitehaven WCM ( West ■■■■■■■■ Mining) are trying to open a new state of the art mine that runs out under the Irish sea which, if all goes to plan, would produce high quality coal for the steel making industry. The whole operation will be environmentally friendly and clean as the coal will travel to the Rail head on enclosed conveyor and then be shipped by rail to Tees Port for shipment to Germany. Some of it will also be destined for use by the UK Steel industry. However, the Green peacers/Friends of the Earth and the usual assortment of “beardy” Weirdos are desperately trying by any means to stop the development with the slogan “Leave the coal in the hole” and one of the main objectors is Our Westmorland and Lonsdale MP that ■■■■■■ Tim Farron ! Surely if the new mine can be made environmentally secure and the coking coal is of the highest quality and badly needed by industry the mine should ( and will I believe) get the go ahead. Only one downside though is that Hodge won’t get the job of shipping it all by road to Tees Port as the A 66 is going to be finally duelled along it’s entire length so he would be able to do two a day if he got his “finger out” and disconnected his speed limiters ! :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

hodgeturbo:

Hi Paul. I guess that’s an insulated body, looks nice but what is the payload? I saw the spec on a regular 8x4 day cab DAF the other day and it could only carry 18400 kgs. The 232 Deutz would carry 20000 kgs with an alloy body and and tare weight of 10480kgs back in the early eighties at 30480kgs GVW.
I agree with Dennis, if you have the work, run it night and day and give an honest opinion of its good and bad traits.
It will probably take a little getting used to as it’s a different set up to what you normally drive.
I have driven a 5 axle rigid flat bed, 6x4 with twin wheel tag and single wheel pusher, the pusher was Immediately ahead of the drive axles. Both add on axles were on air and lifted when running empty or used in any combination depending on the weight of the load carried. I wasn’t a fan of it and was glad to get back to an artic or semi tractor trailer as they are called in the States.
The T range Renault is an impressive looking truck though.

Regards Paul J

Pennineman:

Brian McNichol who was based at H. Thompsons old yard at Bulgill at that time, unit pulling Cheri Foam trailer from Silloth airfield…87 ish.

robroy:

Pennineman:

Brian McNichol who was based at H. Thompsons old yard at Bulgill at that time, unit pulling Cheri Foam trailer from Silloth airfield…87 ish.

Much obliged Sir, I couldn’t make the name out on the cab.

Long gone Cheri Foam along with Hairlok and Harrison and Jones, Carpenters (Draka Foam) and Viafoam (who took over Kayfoam) still going.

BEF35CE9-5913-47B5-8BDA-D955AAA92CF2.jpeg
Any old iron whilst I’am in the area ,240 Percy perhaps :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Any old iron whilst I’am in the area ,240 Percy perhaps :laughing:

Leave them where they are in that barn Dan, with the current price of scrap metal you would end up having to pay the dealer to take them. :laughing: Of course that new unit of yours might benefit from having one under its cab, wasn’t it Tideswell’s who put one in a Volvo F88 and straight away doubled the value of the tractor unit as the oil from it ensured that the rest of it didn’t turn to brown dust before the warranty expired? :confused: :wink: :wink:

Pete.

DAH

DAH

Wigton

Hi C G, Nice to see you back on this thread, Take care & stay safe, Regards Larry.

Where’s Hodge disappeared til eh! has him and yan of his new Scanias been bulldozed “lock stock” in til a pipe track ? Noo that would mek the headlines in a hundred odd years when the pipe is excavated !! Oooooooo! wees this sat behint the wheel still with his bait box on’t steering wheel a’fron’t of him eh! :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

121553084_2843026729314467_398857273686419481_n.jpgA company that Dennis may recall,

dave docwra:
0A company that Dennis may recall,

Aye Dave I well remember those Guys of Burnholme passing through Kendal in the mearly 60’s and they occasionally got under the feet of the Brady Octopus I was trailer mate on later on !! :wink: Great old shot of the era though ! :smiley: Cheers Dennis.

What’s that in the cab in front of the back window?
Looks like some kind of tea urn. :smiley:

Anybody know of whereabouts of Buycrider from Shap,.aka Tony?
He was ex Burnholmes/Fawlty Towers.
He ain’t been on here for ages.

robroy:
What’s that in the cab in front of the back window?
Looks like some kind of tea urn. :smiley:

Anybody know of whereabouts of Buycrider from Shap,.aka Tony?
He was ex Burnholmes/Fawlty Towers.
He ain’t been on here for ages.

Rather large for tea! :laughing: It will be an oil bath air filter for the Gardner engine, most had them in front of the passenger seat or some fitted them above the throttle pedal. Our Foden S39’s had them under the cab infront of the nearside front wheel, the S21 ‘Mickey Mouse’ cab had them inside the cab over the passengers feet.

Pete.