Crows Transport Gateshead

Hi, ive been looking on line for a while now for some pictures of Crows transport. My father Brian Rose drove for John Crow who was in Medowfield Co Durham. Im over the moon to find some posts on here and also about Ralphy Crow from Gateshead. My father drove along time for John right up until he died then the son’s sold a perfectly good business. Im sure my mother has some photo’s of crows lorries so i will ask her to dig them out and i will post them. Sadly my father died 12yrs ago but was alway’s talking about his driving days. Thanks, Steve Rose

Steve Rose:
Hi, ive been looking on line for a while now for some pictures of Crows transport. My father Brian Rose drove for John Crow who was in Medowfield Co Durham. Im over the moon to find some posts on here and also about Ralphy Crow from Gateshead. My father drove along time for John right up until he died then the son’s sold a perfectly good business. Im sure my mother has some photo’s of crows lorries so i will ask her to dig them out and i will post them. Sadly my father died 12yrs ago but was alway’s talking about his driving days. Thanks, Steve Rose

Hello Steve, I remember your dad Brian. I didn’t.realize it was that long ago since he passed on. I’m sure Ralph will comment when he sees the post. Regards Kev.

kevmac47:

Steve Rose:

Hello Steve, I remember your dad Brian. I didn’t.realize it was that long ago since he passed on. I’m sure Ralph will comment when he sees the post. Regards Kev.

Hello Kev, thanks for the reply, did you drive for crow’s? My dad drove for both Ralphy and John Crow, i was still at school when he used to take me to the yard at Medowfield and John Crow would give the drivers kids pocket money on a Saturday morning, always remembered John in his pin striped suit and rolls of money. After John died my dad went continental for a company in North Shields, DAC haulage, Davey ■■■■■■■■■■■ loved it but retired due to ill health not long before retirement age. My dad said the continental work was the best job he had and used to joke about the loads he used to pull for crow’s, they where always loaded sky high. Any way thanks again kev and i will sort out some photo’s to post. Regards Steve.

[/img]

Steve Rose:

kevmac47:

Steve Rose:

Hello Kev, thanks for the reply, did you drive for crow’s? My dad drove for both Ralphy and John Crow, i was still at school when he used to take me to the yard at Medowfield and John Crow would give the drivers kids pocket money on a Saturday morning, always remembered John in his pin striped suit and rolls of money. After John died my dad went continental for a company in North Shields, DAC haulage, Davey ■■■■■■■■■■■ loved it but retired due to ill health not long before retirement age. My dad said the continental work was the best job he had and used to joke about the loads he used to pull for crow’s, they where always loaded sky high. Any way thanks again kev and i will sort out some photo’s to post. Regards Steve.

Steve Rose:

kevmac47:

Steve Rose:

Yes, Steve I did work at Crow’s for a short while in the early seventies. Your dad,(like most drivers at that time) was always ready to pass on any info and help that was needed.
I like that shot of your dad with the D1000, have you any more from that era?
I don’t suppose there will be many from his time at Crow’s, they were never stood still for long enough!! :unamused: :unamused: :imp: :imp: Regards Kev.

Hi Steve I rememer your dad very well, he was a great man to work with always full of fun.
He gave me an old raggy book on all the coal pits in the uk which l still have some where.
My best regards to you and your mam crowbar [Ralph]

I’ve joined the forum after stumbling across a reference to Brian Rose and Crows Transport. I worked in the meadowfield office as a youngun and I knew Brian, proper nice fella, always used to drop me off at nevilles cross if he was on his way home from the yard. He drove a Volvo at the time, and kept it immaculate.
other drivers were Eddie Scott, Brian Patterson, Colin Davison, Jackie Eckert, john Carr, Jimmy Purvis, Ronnie Copley, Jimmy Mitchell, Alan Webster, Davy Wray ( the soldier), peter Collins, and we had subbies Davy Errington and Barry Stephenson working out of our yard.
albert smith was the workshop foreman, an Little Joe Hewson the transport manager, happy days. I often wonder how many are still around.

1 Like

crowsofficeboy:
I’ve joined the forum after stumbling across a reference to Brian Rose and Crows Transport. I worked in the meadowfield office as a youngun and I knew Brian, proper nice fella, always used to drop me off at nevilles cross if he was on his way home from the yard. He drove a Volvo at the time, and kept it immaculate.
other drivers were Eddie Scott, Brian Patterson, Colin Davison, Jackie Eckert, john Carr, Jimmy Purvis, Ronnie Copley, Jimmy Mitchell, Alan Webster, Davy Wray ( the soldier), peter Collins, and we had subbies Davy Errington and Barry Stephenson working out of our yard.
albert smith was the workshop foreman, an Little Joe Hewson the transport manager, happy days. I often wonder how many are still around.

I don’t think there’s many left, Jimmy Mitchell is still about. John Carr,(rapid fire) Jimmy Purvis, Ron Copley and Joe Hewson are gone and I was at Barry Stephenson’s funeral last year. I’m sure Ralph will fill in with the rest. Regards Kev.

Steve Rose:
1[/img]

Steve Rose:

kevmac47:

Steve Rose:

EVNIN AL ,MY DAD ALSO WORKED AT CROWS, JOHN ARMSTRONG IN THE SIXTIES EARLY 70,s, PASSED AWAY 2016 , WORKED WITH DICKIE REDPATH ,GOOD PALS THEY WERE. DAD MOVED OVER TO STOREFREIGHT , NOT LONG AFTER GOING BACK TOCROWS , HE LEFT AND WENT TO STAFFORDS AT HOUGHTON FOR A SHORT TIME ,HE LEFT AND STARTED ROBSONS OF CARLISLE IN.ABOUT 1974 Til 1994WEN THEY WERE ALL MADE REDUNDANT , REMEMBER CROWS VERY WELL , BUT HAVE POSITIVE MEMORIES OF THEM BEING BLUE ,…,REGSRDS ALL , JOHN ARMSTRONG (son)

Otterburn Show. Regards Larry. (PS Ralph is a very good pal of mine & a nicer fellow you couldnt meet).