Cooking in the cab

I think you’ll find that most of the suffocation cases are from using a stove for heating, rather than cooking. There is a danger to using an open flame gas stove in a confined space, as mentioned by the OP, fire being the obvious one, but there have been a fair number of explosions too, some of which have been quite spectacular, blowing not just the windows, but the roof and doors out of cabs and sadly killing anyone inside the cab.

That always worried me, a gas bottle with a slow leak overnight and a big bang when I sparked up my breakfast B&H the next morning, that was one of the reasons my gas bottle never lived in the cab with me, the other reason was seeing the scar on the forehead of an old mate, sadly no longer with us, that had rolled his F89 and was amazed to find he had survived unscathed, until his gas bottle fell from the top bunk and knocked him out cold when it landed on his head.

wrighty1:

Sploom:
The gas stoves are so efficient but it is a worry that something could go wrong, it would be interesting to know the circumstances that caused it to expode

I’ve only recently got a gas stove and kettle mainly to have a brew when I park up at night and also saves a small fortune on takeaway coffees. I always take the canister out when the kettle has boiled and store it separately, takes away the risk of leaking.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I erd in a rdc that it was winter so he put it on the stove to warm the gas as it had been in his side locker

newmercman:
It doesn’t work like that mate, left alone the whole site will turn into one big argument and nothing of interest will be posted and that will be the end of something that many people have put a lot of time and effort into.

It’s not like anyone reading the crap I deleted would be entertained by it, it wasn’t banter or ■■■■ taking that could be seen as funny, a bit of a laugh between the lads sort of stuff. Trust me, it doesn’t stress me out, I read it, hit the delete button and with a bit of computer magic, the crap disappears, it’s quite rewarding actually.

Please don’t assume the ■■■ of the contributers, it’s 2019 ya know.

spike78:

switchlogic:
:roll: Here we go again

Luke you missed a perfect opportunity to plug your new monthly article in Truck & Driver :laughing:

■■■■, so I did! This month and next is about food you make at home and take with you so go buy T&D chaps, available at all good and bad retailers

So basically then, all these accidents were caused by the driver being careless, if you treat the equipment with respect, it is safe then, yes…

UKtramp:
when I worked at Stobart, we had a complete ban on having any gas stoves or any fueled stoves in our cabs at any time. This was due to one of the drivers who had a gas canister explode in his cab. Understandable really, however why is it so dangerous for some firms to adopt this policy and for others to ignore any risks. Surely this shouldn’t be dangerous and banned for a handful if companies and completely ok for others. Maybe companies like Stobart actually think more of their drivers safety?

Gas stowe absolutely good.Simply need open little bit windows or sunroof.We have million house with gas and all ok

I had one of the removable cylinder types that hadn’t been used for ages, pushed the lever in to connect the cylinder but the sealing ‘O’ ring had split and the gas was escaping but never heard it due to the radio being on. Filled the kettle and turned the igniter and then WHOOSH !! both footwells full of yellow flames for a second or two, luckily I was wearing jeans so never got burned but still bloody hot. Stove turned off and chucked out of the window …

I saw most of the messages that NMM has deleted and all ill say is that UKT has never posted anything remotely as bad as what was aimed at him. He’s never resorted to rage-fuelled name calling and insults as far as I can remember.
I dont get why he winds some of you up so much. I’m not defending him by any means because imo he’s clearly just baiting but I can see NMMs point with regards to why he deleted posts but leaves ukt’s online.
I gave up on that replying/baiting to that knob chester when it became clear his only retort would be to prattle on about spelling all the time and there was zero fun/amusement to be had from a to and fro as he wasn’t one of the clever, jokey troll types and gets off on negative attention online and life on the forum by just ignoring his tedious negative rubbish is better for it IMO . If UKT annoys anyone so much, why not just ignore him? He’s nowhere near as bad as chester, unless I’ve missed stuff he’s posted previously, so just ignore him if you don’t like him.

I appreciate that speech definitely falls under the “that’s rich coming from him” category so feel free to ignore it as I do still enjoy a good popcorn thread when they kick off, I just can’t be bothered participating in them these days! :laughing:

newmercman:
Any secret lovers I may have are far removed from the lorry world, I like my lovers to have an air of sophistication about them, a nice bum and a decent pair of chesticles are also a prerequisite, I think it’s safe to say that UKtramp has none of these attributes.

However, they are posting within forum guidelines and as such are free to post whatever they want so long as it has some relevance to transport, even if it is complete drivel. Because they are staying within the aforementioned guidelines there is no need for any involvement from the mods or admins, that’s how it works here, but those of you that respond to their posts with personal attacks are not staying within the guidelines and their posts will be deleted when they come to our notice.

It’s pretty simple really, get personal and your post will have been a waste of time, as it will be removed, continue to do so and you get free admission to the naughty boys and girls club.

Please don’t send any more here, it’s fine as it is.

And could you please let me know where the girls are, I have not seen any.

The-Snowman:
I dont get why he winds some of you up so much

Because…

He’s twice been caught lying here.

That and that alone is my reason.

Possibly the cleverest troll I’ve encountered on any forum I’ve participated in.

ok mods thats it im not saying any more

It’s segregated Beaver, there is a joint program, but that comes later in your sentence to help you settle back into society.

newmercman:
It’s segregated Beaver, there is a joint program, but that comes later in your sentence to help you settle back into society.

What if I do some community service instead?

Volunteer.jpg

newmercman:
Any secret lovers I may have are far removed from the lorry world, I like my lovers to have an air of sophistication about them, a nice bum and a decent pair of chesticles are also a prerequisite, I think it’s safe to say that UKtramp has none of these attributes

I find this very insulting, of course you are just assuming that I don’t have a nice bum.

See, that’s the perk of being a Mod - you get to peek in the naughty girls club :smiley:

newmercman:

The ■■■■ Krays got a lighter sentence than Beaver ffs. :unamused:
Surely it’s time he was lifted off premod. :bulb:

The-Snowman:
I saw most of the messages that NMM has deleted and all ill say is that UKT has never posted anything remotely as bad as what was aimed at him. He’s never resorted to rage-fuelled name calling and insults as far as I can remember.

Completely true, but then your not one of those sensitive souls either who would report a street light bulb flickering to the council. If only lorry drivers got back to how they used to be and stopped all this lefty nonsense. Sense of humour and the dvLa stopped giving lgv licences away to all and sundry.

robroy:

newmercman:

The [zb] Krays got a lighter sentence than Beaver ffs. :unamused:
Surely it’s time he was lifted off premod. :bulb:

You know how the old saying goes.

“If you can’t do the time, don’t do the crime”

newmercman:

Provided of course…

The punishment fits the crime.

yourhavingalarf:

newmercman:

Provided of course…

The punishment fits the crime.

This is the last post on that subject, this thread is about cooking in the cab, anything irrelevant will be deleted under the random crap rule.

You can start a thread on the feedback forum if you want, that’s your prerogative.

Andrejs:
Gas stowe absolutely good.Simply need open little bit windows or sunroof.We have million house with gas and all ok

No, it’s not “all OK” - around 40-50 people are killed in their own homes by accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in the UK every year.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk