Rob Taylor tipping coal at Clifton nr Penrith

ADC 417T bought secondhand ex I.C.I.
Cheers Malc.

Peter Harrison parked in Kendal.
Cheers malc.

malc step:

Cheers malc.

Hiya Malc that is a cracking shot which I would date about 1960/1 and it was taken at Canal Head and Peter would be waiting to go into the Lunesdale Farmers warehouse to tip.I knew Peter he had quite a varied career and I remember he was in the building trade at one time and then he was involved with George Denney for a while before he married Jennifer Temple and would spend his later years at Oxenholme and dealing in Hay ,straw and horse feed ect.PS Is the Guy a Light 8 its looks like it is with the trailing axle so it probably has an AEC 7.7 engine/DB 5spd/Eaton 2 speed and could probably carry 17ton payload!! It would have probably been supplied by TGB motors of Clithroe as well !!!

Bewick:

malc step:

Cheers malc.

Hiya Malc that is a cracking shot which I would date about 1960/1 and it was taken at Canal Head and Peter would be waiting to go into the Lunesdale Farmers warehouse to tip.I knew Peter he had quite a varied career and I remember he was in the building trade at one time and then he was involved with George Denney for a while before he married Jennifer Temple and would spend his later years at Oxenholme and dealing in Hay ,straw and horse feed ect.PS Is the Guy a Light 8 its looks like it is with the trailing axle so it probably has an AEC 7.7 engine/DB 5spd/Eaton 2 speed and could probably carry 17ton payload!! It would have probably been supplied by TGB motors of Clithroe as well !!!

Hi Dennis,
He must have been running legal David said he would be loaded
with 16 tons of 1cwt bags.

Somebody has superimposed the photo onto this street wherever it is? Presume its Perth.
Cheers Malc.

malc step:

Bewick:

malc step:

Cheers malc.

Hi Dennis,

Somebody has superimposed the photo onto this street wherever it is? Presume its Perth.
Cheers Malc.

Yea Malc the Guy Light 8s were just that -------LIGHT there was a chap in Kendal ran one his name was Jim Tolfrey and his trading name was Furness Road Services and I knew his driver Ernie Edwards he lived in Natland.Ernie ran out of Barrow Steel and he said he could put 17 ton legal on his motor! I tried to aquire the “A” licence off this Guy but it had been dormant for too long so it couldn’t be transferred to me.Dennis.

Bewick:

malc step:

Bewick:

malc step:

Cheers malc.

Hi Dennis,

Cheers Malc.

Yea Malc the Guy Light 8s were just that -------LIGHT there was a chap in Kendal ran one his name was Jim Tolfrey and his trading name was Furness Road Services and I knew his driver Ernie Edwards he lived in Natland.Ernie ran out of Barrow Steel and he said he could put 17 ton legal on his motor! I tried to aquire the “A” licence off this Guy but it had been dormant for too long so it couldn’t be transferred to me.Dennis.

Get some more of those cracking photos on Malc did David take that shot of the Guy? was he riding shot gun before he could drive? One thing -----he could handball as he did plenty on Heysham Harbour if I remember!!! Dennis.

Hi All
If David Bradshaw comes on would he or any know what happened to big Pete that drove for him in the 80’s he drove an F12 & delivered Nitro Chalk down to us from Heysham. I think he went to run a pub possibley the Prince of Wales in Kirkby Lonsdale it would great to find out
Cheers Rich

tribsa:
Hi All
If David Bradshaw comes on would he or any know what happened to big Pete that drove for him in the 80’s he drove an F12 & delivered Nitro Chalk down to us from Heysham. I think he went to run a pub possibley the Prince of Wales in Kirkby Lonsdale it would great to find out
Cheers Rich

Hi tribsa,
Spoke to brad on saturday morning he just gave me some more photos. Big Pete Brooks sadly
died after a accident when driving for Dukes, thinks it was about 15 years ago.I will see if there
is a picture of the F12.
Cheers Malc.

Hi,
Just trying to get photos of albion and commer which
went missing from previous post.
Cheers Malc

Load of soil was stuck! D.Bradshaw.

Hi,
After A.Bradshaw & son closed in the late seventies David started in the station yard Cowan bridge
with this first truck then expanded ,

Palletised fertilizer but would be handball at farms.

Handball from Heysham Docks.

Wrecker reg no OBV 536H needed for those volvos!

F12 new from Carlisle Commercials Carlisle.Thats it for today folks.
Cheers Malc.

malc step:
Hi Folks,
A Bradshaw again

loading lime at Wimpeys old quarry at crag bank carnforth

Frank Bradshaw,Tommy Briscoe(ingleton)Fred Helme(kirkby lonsdale)

Tommy Briscoe,Fred Helme.

All the old ones abit newer next time.
Cheers Malc

There was a license at Syd Prestons in the name of “Sydney Preston T/A Fred Helme” which was on the only 8 wheeler he had when I was there. I was actually employed by this section of the company. Would this be the same Fred Helme in these pictures ? Other licenses were for Tower Motors, Tower Stone and Ballast and Northend Haulage. All had been acquired as A licenses but carried on into O licensing days. Some of the wagons had these names on the door as well but the 8 legger only had Syd’s name on it.

truckfing:

malc step:
Hi Folks,
A Bradshaw again

loading lime at Wimpeys old quarry at crag bank carnforth

Frank Bradshaw,Tommy Briscoe(ingleton)Fred Helme(kirkby lonsdale)

Tommy Briscoe,Fred Helme.

All the old ones abit newer next time.
Cheers Malc

There was a license at Syd Prestons in the name of “Sydney Preston T/A Fred Helme” which was on the only 8 wheeler he had when I was there. I was actually employed by this section of the company. Would this be the same Fred Helme in these pictures ? Other licenses were for Tower Motors, Tower Stone and Ballast and Northend Haulage. All had been acquired as A licenses but carried on into O licensing days. Some of the wagons had these names on the door as well but the 8 legger only had Syd’s name on it.

Hiya truckfing now that sort of info is very interesting! Did Syd have a trading name something to do with “Rockery and turf” I seem to remember one of the tippers had a “Mural” on the sides? Dennis.

Hi Malc
Thanks for that not what we wanted to hear but not being able to get hold of Pete for so long it was in our mind that something had gone wrong.
Cheers Rich

Chris Webb:

gunnerheskey:
Dawsons of Hellifield…! think i remember them having Iveco turbo stars… always big engines… think they were mainly tippers…white with red lettering !

You’ve got me thinking now Gunner,I thought they were red with white lettering.I think they ran Atkis at one time,tippers as you say and there was a photo on here somewhere of one.
Anyway somebody will put us both right if we are wrong. :laughing:

Hi Chris
Dawsons might well have been red with white lettering Atkis in their early days, but in the latter, i definatley remember them as white iveco turbo stars…
As with a lot of companies now its just the lettering that resembles their original colours…
Great thread tho’. Even though i’m a midlander, i remember many of these firms when after delivering scotch, backloading Neal Bros in Keighley, so transversing the A65 many times…

[/quote]
Hiya truckfing now that sort of info is very interesting! Did Syd have a trading name something to do with “Rockery and turf” I seem to remember one of the tippers had a “Mural” on the sides? Dennis.
[/quote]
Hi,
Any relation i wonder?

Nice bit of handballing and health and safety.
Cheers Malc.

Bewick:

malc step:

Cheers malc.

sorry boss the old gits have said the it WAS AEC7.75 engine/ENV 5spd :confused:

malc step:

[/quote]
Hi,
Any relation i wonder?

Nice bit of handballing and health and safety.
Cheers Malc.
[/quote]
Don’t know anything about rockery or murals Dennis, must have been before my time.

hi,
Pictures of Ingleton Granite,Amalgamated Roadstone now Hanson,

Driver Cyril Dixon.

Driver Brian Robinson at headoffice clapham.
Cheers Malc.

yappie:

Bewick:

malc step:

Cheers malc.

sorry boss the old gits have said the it WAS AEC7.75 engine/ENV 5spd :confused:

Well I wasn’t that far out but I bet it had an Eaton 2 spd axle! Dennis.

malc step:
hi,
Pictures of Ingleton Granite,Amalgamated Roadstone now Hanson,

Driver Cyril Dixon.

Driver Brian Robinson at headoffice clapham.
Cheers Malc.

Hiya Malc a nice shot of the 6wheel Trader! I never knew Primrose made double drive! I think they must have bought it in and then “marketed” it as their own! The spare wheel dosen’t look very legal! but I suppose it was long before the tread depth law came in! It’s got a good load of chippings on it’s back as-well.Cheers Dennis.