Coal and Coke hauliers

Do any of you have any pictures of coal/coke tippers? Especially from Derby/Notts or South Yorks areas?

I cart middlin of coal and coke. This is mine loading at Sharpness Dock. Thanks Sam

Theres a Thread on the Old time Lorries forum about coal & coke hauliers,got some good pics on,just type in Peter Slater Ltd & other coalmen from 50s/60s

Peter Slater AEC.jpg

I told 'em Oldham!

It would be very nice if someone out there had any photographs of the very smart fleet ( ERF/MAN 8 wheel ridgid`s ) of Rushcliffe Fuels of Ollerton , painted bottle green .

Stanfield:
Theres a Thread on the Old time Lorries forum about coal & coke hauliers,got some good pics on,just type in Peter Slater Ltd & other coalmen from 50s/60s

Move over to t’left, Slaters coming through. a job requirement at Slaters was “you must be fearless”. :open_mouth:
What’s “Brake Fade”■■? :unamused:

shugg:
It would be very nice if someone out there had any photographs of the very smart fleet ( ERF/MAN 8 wheel ridgid`s ) of Rushcliffe Fuels of Ollerton , painted bottle green .

Found these,courtesy of Flatman…

Rushcliffes would be good how about these Meeks Bonsalls Eckington Tatlers Wrights Cam bro Larkland Peppers k and M John Wilson

Heres my pics of my first experience with the coal and coke, not all good memories, sitting up all night in ■■■■■■ coke works moving up the row so no one pushed in, being constantly overloaded in pits coz the shovel drivers were dismal, awkward wieghbridge men and to top it all coalyards that shut at dinner time… it was great met some and still know some great blokes from the 80s off this work… some good pics might make me feel better.

8 Pullman.jpg

3a Pullman.jpg

heres some pics of firms on the job, some pics i’ve downloaded off other websites ect…
would love to see some Dave Mellor pics,Steve Fletchers, Laughtons an Horobins etc

atki 12.jpg

400377_436864689698281_794924896_n.jpg

bob brooks.jpg

72da sooty.jpg

More please