Oldfields transport from micklefield

hi can anybody help with info or photos of oldfields transport from micklefield north yorkshire used to do coal and line

ragamuffin:
hi can anybody help with info or photos of oldfields transport from micklefield north yorkshire used to do coal and line

There was a yard in Micklefield in the late 1980’s where I managed to take only the odd photos of Foden 8 wheeler tippers. Painted in a green colour, but never any lettering on the cabs or bodies, so never knew who they belonged to. If this sounds familiar, I could put the photos up for you.

Barry/Gloves

hi barry they where in micklefield and did run eight wheel tippers if you could post some photos i would be gratefull thanks chris

ragamuffin:
hi barry they where in micklefield and did run eight wheel tippers if you could post some photos i would be gratefull thanks chris

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, but I do not come onto Trucknet all that often as there is sometimes little of interest.

I am about to put several photos up for you and hopefully they may be what you are looking for.

They were taken in 1990 in a small yard at the top of Micklefield, but as you can see there is no livery on any of the trucks, 3 Fodens in the same colour and the Leyland for what ever reason in red? The other Foden S80 6 wheeler at the back of the Leyland I could not photo, too awkward. The number plates are for Leeds, Sheffield and the Leyland, I think North Yorkshire, so all fairly local.

Whilst I always ask permission to take photos on private property, either a matter of courtesy or being thrown out, I do not always know whose firm I am at, especially at this yard as there were no signs to be seen on the buildings or trucks? The local pit in Micklefield was already shut down and landscaped when I was there, further down into the ‘village’, under the railway bridge.

I will put the photos up on the ‘Peter Slater’ page in case anyone of the older drivers can remember the trucks and who they may have belonged to.

Gloves/Barry

ragamuffin:
hi can anybody help with info or photos of oldfields transport from micklefield north yorkshire used to do coal and line[/quote

These may be of interest

Barry/Gloves