CMR HELP

Got to collect a load for france tomorrow and fill in a cmr myself i have never done it before they have allways been done for me can any one give me a quick lesson or a template thanks

Big ■■■■:
Got to collect a load for france tomorrow and fill in a cmr myself i have never done it before they have allways been done for me can any one give me a quick lesson or a template thanks

They are on the whole self explanatary but instructions for filling them in are on the back.

Make sure you got the consignees, consignors, carriers name and address.
description and weight of goods, any identyfying numbers.

Your registration, trailer number, a signature from the consignor and your signature.

And If it is alcohol make sure you’ve the ADD with it and not in trailer.
make sure all accompanying documentation tallies with the CMR the Douane are very particular about smuggling they fined me 8000 euro for not having trailer number on documents.

Found this it explains it a little better

A CMR form is a 4-part set:

· sender’s copy (red)

· consignee’s copy (blue)

· carrier’s copy (green)

· administration copy (white with black border)

The carrier usually completes the form, but the consignor is responsible for the accuracy of the information and must sign the form when the goods are collected. The consignee will also sign the form on delivery.

There are 20 boxes on a CMR form:

1 Sender’s name and address (including country)

2 Sender’s and/or agent’s reference

4 Consignee’s name and address (including country)

5 Carrier’s name and address (including country)

6 Place and country of taking over the goods

7 Successive carriers

8 Place of delivery of the goods

9 Shipping marks, number and kind of packages, description of the goods. Note: If you are sending dangerous goods you must indicate the product’s official shipping name, ADR class and UN identification number.

10 Gross weight in kilos

11 Volume in cubic meters

12 Carriage charges

13 Sender’s instructions

14 Reservations

15 Details of documents attached

16 Special agreements

17 Goods received

18 Signature of carrier

19 Company completing the note

20 Place, date and signature

CMR conditions make the carrier responsible for loss and/or damage of the goods from the time he takes possession of them until they are delivered. Liability is limited to 8.33 “special drawing rights” (SDRs) per kilo. SDR conversion rates are published in the Financial Times. The calculation:

(item 10, i.e. gross weight in kilos) x 8.33 x (SDR rate on date at item 20)

sets the limit of the carrier’s liability for the shipment, and warns the exporter to arrange insurance for the balance.

Big ■■■■:

easy enough mate it is self explanatory but all you need to fill in is boxes

1 sender name , address, country

4consignee name, address, country

5 carrier name, address, country

6 place and date of taking over the load

8 place designated for goods

9 description of goods

10 weight of goods

18 carriers signature also put reg no and trailer no here

Thats really all you need to fill out and remember to remove the senders copy just toss it as by cmr law you shouldnt be filling it out in first place. common practice for driver to fill it out in uk but most european companys will supply and have it all done for you

We hand-write most of our CMRs and I have always found that the Douanes prefer hand-written CMRs to computer-generated ones.

I have absolutely no idea why this should be, it just is.

remember to print your EU permit number
on the CMR;
as this can be a costly mistake,when you
get checked by the enforcement officers
as regards the carraige of hazerdous
goods, the layout of the written information
has to be correct,and exact, no deviation
is allowed. It is well worth getting a
copy which you know is correct and keep
it handy as a way of a reference, ,

That isn’t usually required for normal goods Brit Pete.

Among your normal vehicle documents you should have a certified copy of your companies EU Authorisation (or permit).
When your company applies for an International O Licence, for x number of vehicles, along with the actual O Licence discs they should also receive their EU Authorisations.
You do have to carry that, not having it WILL be expensive, I know from experience :blush:
(Ours were renewed, but the boss forgot to put the new ones in, I forgot to check and I was stopped at a control :unamused: . It was about €1,300 I think)