Clitheroe tarmac & horrocksford hauliers past & present

mason8170:

tarmactipper:
Anymore Gloves. Barnes and Tippings Fodens. Firstly OFD 224W had a 220 ■■■■■■■ in and could catch pidgons. It ended its days at Walsh and Deardens in Darwen after the tipping ram snapped on the M66 when tipping, it cut the cab in half and bent the chassis when the ram hit the cab and the loaded body fell down. GTO 994V Ex Tarmac Clitheroe, had a 180 Gardener engine, had been to the moon and back,Scrapped after engine boiled going up A56 Haslingden bypass :smiley: seized it solid. OFD 224W was replaced by the ERF H631 BDB which was also a flyer, it had a bad start, to it’s working life First day out in Bankfield 16 ton of Base dropped on the cab while loading on Bottom plant. :open_mouth: The other Fodens where owned by John Snr and John Jnr Davies. Keep putting up anymore pictures Barry fantastic :smiley:

John Davies didn’t own the six legger foden he drove it for Trevor

Oops senior moment :unamused: Trevor not John. Remember most of those trucks, most of them Hired in to Bankfield, Red Seddon Atkins was Barry Proctor ? Blue Volvo if Mason8170 is who is I think he is was driven by him :question: Miles Fox Erfs Ex Horrocksford bought of them rumoured for £500 each? Miles Fox Seddon Atkin GFV 740W. Remember that brand new being delivered to Duck Street. Miles use to hand paint all the cabs. Please please please keep putting more photos on Barry Fantastic!!!, :smiley:

tarmactipper:

mason8170:

tarmactipper:
Anymore Gloves. Barnes and Tippings Fodens. Firstly OFD 224W had a 220 ■■■■■■■ in and could catch pidgons. It ended its days at Walsh and Deardens in Darwen after the tipping ram snapped on the M66 when tipping, it cut the cab in half and bent the chassis when the ram hit the cab and the loaded body fell down. GTO 994V Ex Tarmac Clitheroe, had a 180 Gardener engine, had been to the moon and back,Scrapped after engine boiled going up A56 Haslingden bypass :smiley: seized it solid. OFD 224W was replaced by the ERF H631 BDB which was also a flyer, it had a bad start, to it’s working life First day out in Bankfield 16 ton of Base dropped on the cab while loading on Bottom plant. :open_mouth: The other Fodens where owned by John Snr and John Jnr Davies. Keep putting up anymore pictures Barry fantastic :smiley:

John Davies didn’t own the six legger foden he drove it for Trevor

Oops senior moment :unamused: Trevor not John. Remember most of those trucks, most of them Hired in to Bankfield, Red Seddon Atkins was Barry Proctor ? Blue Volvo if Mason8170 is who is I think he is was driven by him :question: Miles Fox Erfs Ex Horrocksford bought of them rumoured for £500 each? Miles Fox Seddon Atkin GFV 740W. Remember that brand new being delivered to Duck Street. Miles use to hand paint all the cabs. Please please please keep putting more photos on Barry Fantastic!!!, :smiley:

red atki was Barry Pinder

That’s the fella! :laughing:

tarmactipper:

No rest for the wicked!!!

Barry/Gloves

Superb pics again mate, many thanks for posting.

Can I ask how you post the pics? I have a few I could add to the thread. I’ve used PhotoBucket in the past but the images are usually too big for the forum.

tarmactipper:

Will definitely have to get a life, SOON!!!

Barry/Gloves

Miles Fox Atki XTJ 399L. Did many miles with Miles as a kid in that Wagon :smiley: If rumours are correct it is in a barn not to far from Clitheroe. Was replaced with RCK 11X after the chassis cracked. Both trucks driven by Fred Heal. Note the greedy boards on RCK they where fitted for loads of fly ash and coal when the miners strike was on 84/85 ish. More please Barry thanks for spending all your time putting the photos on.PS Clayton Haulage Foden driven By Mick Whiteside.

tarmactipper:
Miles Fox Atki XTJ 399L. Did many miles with Miles as a kid in that Wagon :smiley: If rumours are correct it is in a barn not to far from Clitheroe. Was replaced with RCK 11X after the chassis cracked. Both trucks driven by Fred Heal. Note the greedy boards on RCK they where fitted for loads of fly ash and coal when the miners strike was on 84/85 ish. More please Barry thanks for spending all your time putting the photos on.PS Clayton Haulage Foden driven By Mick Whiteside.

There are plenty more to come, given time.

I was asked to present my photos by Peter Bibby last year at an Open Day, given at Bibby’s Depot in Ingleton. It was a first for me to publically display a few photo albums and a chance to meet some of the drivers and their families, face to face. Despite some reservations about going, I was pleasantly surprised at the response I had and being able to recall some history, admitted not that old, with the trucks i have been able to catch. As always though, it is always the case that ‘I should have been here yesterday’, the yard was FULL.

With this being one of my many interests, I am unable to get every where for that ever elusive truck.

Barry

BonkeyDollocks:
Fantastic Barry. Brilliant pics as always. Keep up the good work mucka.

Did my private message get through■■?

Well Barry, I have in my possession, scanned copies from the collection of the late Colin Wright.

If you let me in on how to post pics simply, as your fantastic pics are done, I’ll post what I have.

Edit: your PM didn’t get through for some reason?

tarmactipper:
Miles Fox Atki XTJ 399L. Did many miles with Miles as a kid in that Wagon :smiley: If rumours are correct it is in a barn not to far from Clitheroe. Was replaced with RCK 11X after the chassis cracked. Both trucks driven by Fred Heal. Note the greedy boards on RCK they where fitted for loads of fly ash and coal when the miners strike was on 84/85 ish. More please Barry thanks for spending all your time putting the photos on.PS Clayton Haulage Foden driven By Mick Whiteside.[/quote

Barnes & Tipping 124C Rigid.jpg

gloves:

tarmactipper:

No rest for the wicked!!!

Barry/Gloves

mason8170:

tarmactipper:

Foden next to Mr Davies was Brian Mason bought from telford

Looks like that could be you or a relative■■?

Barry/Gloves

Some more for Bonkey

Hoping this one has worked…

IMG_0020.jpg

IMG_0023.jpg

IMG_0019.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

BonkeyDollocks:

All came through ok and no doubt will be of great interest to the drivers from Clitheroe

Barry

gloves:

BonkeyDollocks:

All came through ok and no doubt will be of great interest to the drivers from Clitheroe

Barry

Colin Wright was taking photos a long time before I started and had a vast collection of mainly 8 wheelers, both colour and B/W, no doubt all split up now. I have not seen his wife since his death which must be over two years plus by now, if not even longer, a sad loss. Hopefully some of his images may yet end up in a book or two, like his previous publications. He was always keen to see how my collection was progressing.

Barry

Priory Plant from Whalley. Speaking to Richard Fox Bankfield in its hayday 5000 ton of dry and 3000t of tar every day went over the bridge. Now last week 7 loads!!! RCK 11X photo was at Duck Street Clitheroe where the Tesco store is now.

Good old trucks

image.jpg