Barnes and Tipping of Clitheroe

Hi everyone! New to this site! Has anyone got any pictures old and new of Barnes and Tipping of Clitheroe?
They were recently taken over by Hargreaves of Durham and it would be great to see some of there lorries before they disappear into Hargreaves colours!
Cheers everyone!

Hi spike74.If you go onto Paul Andersons (moomooland) site NORTHWEST TRUCKS and then pick out Northwest haulage companys you will find half a dozen or so pics of Barnes &Tipping :sunglasses:

Thanks for that Stanfield. Excellent site that Northwest Trucks.

Great shots there Bonkey thanks for that. I only ever saw benders, nice to see 8 leggers. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Excellent pictures Bonky of another company who was recently saved from closure when the Hargreaves Group bought them from the administrators in may 2009.

Cracking photos :sunglasses:

Good photos, I wonder why they are still running 4x2 tractors, when most other tippers are 6x2, for max weight?

bugcos:
Good photos, I wonder why they are still running 4x2 tractors, when most other tippers are 6x2, for max weight?

They used to run a few 6x2s on tautliners because they never knew what their return loads could be but were very unimpressed with 44 tonne work and kept the tipper fleet on 40 tonnes claiming it paid just as well. New owners might have a different approach though.

Cheers for those great pictures Bonkey. Here’s an 8 legger I used to drive for Barnes and Tipping.

Were these 3 taken on by Hargreaves when they took over or were they sold off.
Barnes & Tipping Scania 114L 380 X2BOC.jpg
Barnes & Tipping Scania 124L420 RV02VXH.jpg
Barnes & Tipping 124C Rigid.jpg

There are plenty more pictures in the Barnes & Tipping Clitheroe gallery on the Northwest Trucks website. :smiley:

From what I can remember of them, they always ran nice tidy kit.