Builders Merchant Lorries, Hiabs, Tippers, etc

019.JPG

Since I do this sort of work and I’m probably doomed to do it for a good while yet I thought I’d start a thread for pictures of any lorries that supply stuff to sites…I’ll add pictures of ones I’ve driven in the next post.

Anything related is welcome…8 wheel tippers for example…old and new.

14 Tonne DAF LF55.180

18 Tonne DAF LF55.220 with Atlas Crane

18 Tonne Leyland DAF 55 230 with Atlas Crane and Brick Grab

I used to work for a firm called selby’s garage in woodhouse eaves in leicestershire and they run some of the best looking 8 wheelers around.

breedy:
I used to work for a firm called selby’s garage in woodhouse eaves in leicestershire and they run some of the best looking 8 wheelers around.

Got any pictures to add of them?

It’s not for everyone, but it’s right up my street. I’m a big 8 legger fan. Here’s some of mine (at risk of hijacking the thread)

Last years wheels

Primarily to carry this

14t of mini CFA piling rig + bits

Non identical twins

39t/m remote Atlas crane, pain in the arse to use and generally troublesome

A typical non plant load.

A typical plant load.

Another 8 legger, one of the big guns called in for moving the big rigs.

Still on 8 leggers, just a bit older and a bit more tired. 2 shiny mixers.

No sites for today.

New wheels (only 6 :cry: ) poxy load of 5 machines

Business class or economy sir?

Should have bought an 8 wheeler. 26300KG

8wheels:
It’s not for everyone, but it’s right up my street. I’m a big 8 legger fan. Here’s some of mine (at risk of hijacking the thread)

Not hijacking at all, any lorries that get dirty are welcome.

Sort of anti-glamour photo thread.

Not hijacking at all, any lorries that get dirty are welcome.

Well the dirtiest one I’ve had was this old beast.

T reg 94c 310

Actually I quite liked it, it was nice and high on the constructor chassis and the stack right behind the daycab made a nice roar.

Considering it were only a tiddler of an engine with plenty of abuse it actually went OK. One day I took it to Lillie Bridge Underground depot at Earls Court for a wait and load on 2x 12yd skips. They were lobbing in lumps of railway line and I only let them half fill the skips. It seemed a bit sluggish on the way back to Essex. 37500Kg :astonished:

ah, ican help out a little with the dirty trucks.

this is the fl6 i used to drive

we also had 8 wheelers

loaded with pea beach at shoreham

shovel grabbing another bucket of brick ■■■■■■■■ at ibstocks

being loaded with woodchips at our yard

i also drive this on sites (when i can get away with it)

nice pics all round,good hands on graft,gettin bored mindless of night trunkin :cry:

Here’s another Keyline motor, one of our DAF CF75s.

heres a picture of my Axor for you lot must get some of the others in the fleet

Not quite a site motor, but it is a big heavy, dirty machine! Hope you don’t mind me adding it to the thread.

Shrek:
Not quite a site motor, but it is a big heavy, dirty machine! Hope you don’t mind me adding it to the thread.

Not at all.

Is it still in use?

A Leyland Roadtrain isn’t it?

Interesting lorry Ben.

Keyline who I work for are part of TP, not seen one like that round the local branches though…he’s not got a brick grab and I’ve been told we’re not allowed to remove them…it’s probably the angle but I think it might be a bit shorter than the CFs we’ve got too.

I’ve seen the odd one like it about with fold up crane.

IIRC TP Canvei Island Sawmills have got a 6 wheel flat with front mounted fold up crane.

There’s also a few 8 leggers about on TP too around the London area.

the travis perkins just up the road from us has a daf with a fold up crane , Ive only ever seen it loaded up with timber,so I wonder if they use them at branches that sell more timber??

Hello chaps,
Here is an image of the new vehicle allocated to me today. I am not a stranger to Iveco products, but at least they are getting better it seems.
It’s a 26 tonne, 310 BHP on Euro5 specs, with a 12 speed fully auto gearbox. Rear steer axle with air-con. The crane is a Atlas 120.10 on full radio remote control. The cab is even fitted with one of those see-back-a-scope television thingies :exclamation:
First day of working with it today, and I am pleasantly pleased. The auto box took a bit of getting used to at first, being the first ever auto box I have ever used in 35 years of driving! I do find there is a bit of lag when pulling away and it has tendency to roll back a little if you are on a slight incline. :open_mouth: Got to nail that little idiosyncrasy down before I roll back into someone. apart from that it is fine.

Andyroo:

breedy:

Got any pictures to add of them?

Here you go Andyroo.

stephenpotter.fotoblog.co.uk/c1026188.html

I thought about popping in to ask if they take on newbies.

Cheers

NB