Clitheroe tarmac & horrocksford hauliers past & present

More more please Barry. Bringing back good memories with those pictures. The Arctics with the yellow trailers where nicknamed Taylor’s trailers,Malcom Taylor was the transport manager in Clitheroe. At the time company from Settle pulled them Floyd Schofield. Those trailers where the way forward :open_mouth: until one went over tipping into the paver on the M602. They where specked up with underfloor tipping gear :slight_smile: had priority over all the Ducks and as quick as they came to Bankfield they all dissapeared :unamused: Have you any more Barnes and tipping pictures,I worked there in the garage.

Did you work in the garage on mytton rd that used to be Dutton transports,i used to work there when they had it.what happened to barnes & tipping? regards,jack preston.

shirtbox2003:
Did you work in the garage on mytton rd that used to be Dutton transports,i used to work there when they had it.what happened to barnes & tipping? regards,jack preston.

Yes worked at Mytton Road. I went to the Dutton Transport sale years ago as a kid with Richard Fox. Jack do you know what the Black Cab was of or for or even who built it. It was round the back of the main garage in a covered area where all the oil tanks where. It was in the Sale and was still there 20 years later. Although all the pallets of Heinz soup had gone!

!!!#

sorry tarmac don’t know of black cab,i finished there in 1968 just before I got married.neville kieghly was always playing around with stuff,i think he is still alive and lives at Dutton.iirrc he holds the patent for container twistlocks I made him some parts for his original ideas. regards,jack preston. :slight_smile:

shirtbox2003:

Hiya re: B&T was taken over by Hargreaves Transport about 5/6yrs ago.
GUESTY44 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

mason8170:
The good old days eh ! Long gone

Indeed the good old days long gone, Jack as Guesty 44 stated B&T taken over by Hargreaves who bought it of the recievers,after John went in with Tinnely Haulage :question: :frowning: it all went down hill from there. The garage is still the same as when you left,even down to the concrete ramps. :smiley: and even all the spare oil seals and bearings around the back where the cab still is? That Duttons left years ago . I know Luke Keighley one of the sons.

shirtbox2003:
sorry tarmac don’t know of black cab,i finished there in 1968 just before I got married.neville kieghly was always playing around with stuff,i think he is still alive and lives at Dutton.iirrc he holds the patent for container twistlocks I made him some parts for his original ideas. regards,jack preston. :slight_smile:

Sadly Neville died quite a while ago, it must be 5 or more years ago now, time marches on. Thinking of him playing about with stuff, does anybody remember the sentinel 4 wheeler in which he swapped the underfloor Ricardo for a vertical Leyland?

acd1202:

shirtbox2003:

Sadly Neville died quite a while ago, it must be 5 or more years ago now, time marches on. Thinking of him playing about with stuff, does anybody remember the sentinel 4 wheeler in which he swapped the underfloor Ricardo for a vertical Leyland?

Acd1202 are there any ex Dutton Transport men on TN? Who would know what that Cab was for? No one at Tipps could work out what is was of or even for. It was made out of Aluminum ,black in colour,had a dash board in it. Most likely one of Neville,s play things? I think it’s still there? Along with A,B,C and E series ERF bits and bobs.

Who is in mytton rd garage now then tarmac?

shirtbox2003:
Who is in mytton rd garage now then tarmac?

Hargreaves Transport are in it. John Wood( Barnes and Tippings )still owns the land and garage and leases it to Hargreaves.He also stores caravans behind the garage but everything else is still the same,stores,garage office pits.Transport office.

thanks tarmac. :slight_smile:

Few more to stir the memories■■?

Barry/Gloves

Obviously not all worked out of Bankfield

Yet more

Barry/Gloves

Some for Bonkey Dollocks and his quest for Tarmac tippers

Fantastic Barry. Brilliant pics as always. Keep up the good work mucka.

Anymore Gloves. Barnes and Tippings Fodens. Firstly OFD 224W had a 220 ■■■■■■■ in and could catch pidgons. It ended its days at Walsh and Deardens in Darwen after the tipping ram snapped on the M66 when tipping, it cut the cab in half and bent the chassis when the ram hit the cab and the loaded body fell down. GTO 994V Ex Tarmac Clitheroe, had a 180 Gardener engine, had been to the moon and back,Scrapped after engine boiled going up A56 Haslingden bypass :smiley: seized it solid. OFD 224W was replaced by the ERF H631 BDB which was also a flyer, it had a bad start, to it’s working life First day out in Bankfield 16 ton of Base dropped on the cab while loading on Bottom plant. :open_mouth: The other Fodens where owned by John Snr and John Jnr Davies. Keep putting up anymore pictures Barry fantastic :smiley:

tarmactipper:
Anymore Gloves. Barnes and Tippings Fodens. Firstly OFD 224W had a 220 ■■■■■■■ in and could catch pidgons. It ended its days at Walsh and Deardens in Darwen after the tipping ram snapped on the M66 when tipping, it cut the cab in half and bent the chassis when the ram hit the cab and the loaded body fell down. GTO 994V Ex Tarmac Clitheroe, had a 180 Gardener engine, had been to the moon and back,Scrapped after engine boiled going up A56 Haslingden bypass :smiley: seized it solid. OFD 224W was replaced by the ERF H631 BDB which was also a flyer, it had a bad start, to it’s working life First day out in Bankfield 16 ton of Base dropped on the cab while loading on Bottom plant. :open_mouth: The other Fodens where owned by John Snr and John Jnr Davies. Keep putting up anymore pictures Barry fantastic :smiley:

Ask and you MAY get!!! (just luck that I photographed OFD), plus a few others that may also interest Bonkey

Barry/Gloves

tarmactipper:

Few more

Barry/Gloves

■■■■ mate, just ■■■■. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Drooling like a loon here. :laughing: Also like tarmactipper’s comments, filling in the details. Cheers pal.

tarmactipper:

John Davies didn’t own the six legger foden he drove it for Trevor