Cleared by Police now insurance claim

Had an incident in November 2016 which I posted on forum, BMW driver said I had clipped his bumper and drove off, between 20 and 21A M6, interviewed by Cheshire police and was told no further action as they proved by looking at the cameras I was not at the scene at the time, the driver had given wrong reg number initially then said it was on the M62 slip onto M6, I have know received a claim from his insures and the accident was at Jct10 of the M62.
I have told the his insures the whole story about the fictitious claim, My insurance is up for renewal next month. I have got a solicitor involved and he is contacting the motor insurance fraud department, I think it could be cheaper to pay him than an increase in my insurance premium, sometimes insures pay out rather than a costly court case.

Intake/l39:
Had an incident in November 2016 which I posted on forum, BMW driver said I had clipped his bumper and drove off, between 20 and 21A M6, interviewed by Cheshire police and was told no further action as they proved by looking at the cameras I was not at the scene at the time, the driver had given wrong reg number initially then said it was on the M62 slip onto M6, I have know received a claim from his insures and the accident was at Jct10 of the M62.
I have told the his insures the whole story about the fictitious claim, My insurance is up for renewal next month. I have got a solicitor involved and he is contacting the motor insurance fraud department, I think it could be cheaper to pay him than an increase in my insurance premium, sometimes insures pay out rather than a costly court case.

:laughing:

Was this in a truck or your own vehicle?

weeto:

I was in a truck, totally cleared by Cheshire police and have forwarded there letter to me
Stating this to the guys insurance company and to the Motor insurance fraud department
cost me £125 for solicitor cheaper than an increase in insurance premium, despite what others think :unamused:

Intake/l39:

weeto:

I was in a truck, totally cleared by Cheshire police and have forwarded there letter to me
Stating this to the guys insurance company and to the Motor insurance fraud department
cost me £125 for solicitor cheaper than an increase in insurance premium, despite what others think :unamused:

You paid £125 more than you needed to pay…

TiredAndEmotional:

Intake/l39:

Go ahead, buy him off out of your own pocket, and he’ll just blackmail (or similar / whatever) for more.

Police have said you were not at fault, so…

If he’s trying to get money off you which he’s not entitled to, isn’t HE commuting an offence? I’d get back on phone to plod and ask their advice. If plod say you dont have a case to answer, then what he’s doing doesn’t sound legal.

I’d be back to the Police with the his claim against you.
Especially as they have the original report and cannot find any evidence, picked holes in the claimants report and cleared you of any involvement.

And I’m sure you could contact the motor insurance fraud bureau yourself.

But if you’re paying for legal representation, I’d get him to send the insurance company and claimant a letter stating that if they continue with this you will take legal action for attempted fraud.

TiredAndEmotional:

Intake/l39:

That’s not funny. That is exactly how this scam works!

Whilst the attempted claim is pending, your premium has already been knocked up. Happened to me in 2014 when I got rear-ended by a drunk driver. The police said it was an open and shut case of “no blame to me” - but my own insurer hiked my premiums until they were able to claim back from the other side, which ended up taking a full year. Meanwhile, my renewal came up, and of course I could not shift insurer. The renewal premium totally took the ■■■■■ and I claimed a rebate a year on as well. Although I ended up being repaid in full - my cashflow for that full year was completely knackered of course.

“It’s cheaper to pay the liar claimant off than hold out” works best against people who are not able to cover this cashflow difficulty of course.

I hear that “Protected no claims” helps out - but does it? I always thought “protected no claims” was like “extended warrantries” in that the amount you spend on the damned thing is about the same as the money you get back should you then claim against it. Not much point, as far as I can see…

Back to insurance - the burden of proof is upon the litigant. If the police are taking no action against a random person accused of “clipping someone in the street”, then that’s pretty much going to render it impossible for a litigant to get any money out of you - providing your insurer holds firm, and respects your side of the story is upheld by the police. They only lose out if you get claimed against, and the litigant can actually prove it.
It occurs to me that if you don’t have protected no claims - your insurer is more likely to stick by you. :bulb: :wink:

Intake/l39:

weeto:

So why is your employer not sorting this out, it’s his insurance company that he is trying to exploit.

weeto:

Intake/l39:

weeto:

So why is your employer not sorting this out, it’s his insurance company that he is trying to exploit.

Do keep up at the back !
It is his own truck

Winseer:

TiredAndEmotional:

Intake/l39:

Whilst the attempted claim is pending, your premium has already been knocked up. Happened to me in 2014 when I got rear-ended by a drunk driver. The police said it was an open and shut case of “no blame to me” - but my own insurer hiked my premiums until they were able to claim back from the other side, which ended up taking a full year. Meanwhile, my renewal came up, and of course I could not shift insurer. The renewal premium totally took the ■■■■, and I claimed a rebate a year on as well. Although I ended up being repaid in full - my cashflow for that full year was completely knackered of course.

“It’s cheaper to pay the liar claimant off than hold out” works best against people who are not able to cover this cashflow difficulty of course.

I hear that “Protected no claims” helps out - but does it? I always thought “protected no claims” was like “extended warrantries” in that the amount you spend on the damned thing is about the same as the money you get back should you then claim against it. Not much point, as far as I can see…

Back to insurance - the burden of proof is upon the litigant. If the police are taking no action against a random person accused of “clipping someone in the street”, then that’s pretty much going to render it impossible for a litigant to get any money out of you - providing your insurer holds firm, and respects your side of the story is upheld by the police. They only lose out if you get claimed against, and the litigant can actually prove it.
It occurs to me that if you don’t have protected no claims - your insurer is more likely to stick by you. :bulb: :wink:

Does he not mean it’s cheaper to pay the solicitor (not the fraudulent claimer)? That’s how I read it anyway.

How about growing a set and not giving in to someone who is clearly trying to defraud you and your insurance company? Man up!

blue estate:

weeto:

Intake/l39:

weeto:

Do keep up at the back !
It is his own truck

Oh I do apologise for not reading his first post on this topic lol.

I agree with the others that have said go make a complaint to the police.

woody2808:

Winseer:

TiredAndEmotional:

Intake/l39:

woody 2808 Thanks, Your right it is the solicitor I am saying would be cheaper to pay rather than an insurance premium rise, as its my own truck.
I could have worded it a bit better.

Whilst the attempted claim is pending, your premium has already been knocked up. Happened to me in 2014 when I got rear-ended by a drunk driver. The police said it was an open and shut case of “no blame to me” - but my own insurer hiked my premiums until they were able to claim back from the other side, which ended up taking a full year. Meanwhile, my renewal came up, and of course I could not shift insurer. The renewal premium totally took the ■■■■, and I claimed a rebate a year on as well. Although I ended up being repaid in full - my cashflow for that full year was completely knackered of course.

Does he not mean it’s cheaper to pay the solicitor (not the fraudulent claimer)? That’s how I read it anyway.

Woody2808 thanks, your right it is the solicitor I am saying would be cheaper to pay rather than an insurance premium rise, as its my own truck

Intake/l39:
Woody2808 thanks, your right it is the solicitor I am saying would be cheaper to pay rather than an insurance premium rise, as its my own truck

No problem intake, I just didn’t understand how anyone would think you’d pay someone who is quite clearly trying it on. Anyway, you must have worded it alright because I understood it :wink: :slight_smile:

The police have told me that they “don’t get involved with allegations of insurance fraud”. This means it’s left for the insurers themselves to deal with it in-house - or not.

There was a time when “doing something illegal” was “against the law” and the “police, once advized - would always prosecute”.

How times have changed. :unamused:

Who’s planning on withholding TV “licence” money when the current two-year renewal expires?

Analogue TV has been switched off, and 99% of the time - BBC isn’t worth watching, even on Iplayer you can get old programme recordings on Youtube)

I have heard it said that “not having a licence” has been “de-criminalized”. If that’s true, then without being able to involve the police - what chance does any third party have of enforcing any “law” at all against one? :confused:

Winseer:
The police have told me that they “don’t get involved with allegations of insurance fraud”. This means it’s left for the insurers themselves to deal with it in-house - or not.

There was a time when “doing something illegal” was “against the law” and the “police, once advized - would always prosecute”.

How times have changed. :unamused:

Who’s planning on withholding TV “licence” money when the current two-year renewal expires?

Analogue TV has been switched off, and 99% of the time - BBC isn’t worth watching, even on Iplayer you can get old programme recordings on Youtube)

I have heard it said that “not having a licence” has been “de-criminalized”. If that’s true, then without being able to involve the police - what chance does any third party have of enforcing any “law” at all against one? :confused:

Why can’t we re-use last years license?, after all, it is the same crap repeated