Police incident

Looking to see if any one out there has even clipped a car on the road with out knowing and been charged by the police for leaving the Accident

Craw1985:
Looking to see if any one out there has even clipped a car on the road with out knowing and been charged by the police for leaving the Accident

Don’t think they can do you for leaving the scene if you didn’t know, a bit like you made a left or right turn and a vehicle passed you on that side and you caught it with rear swing, your not really going to know anything unless your pulled.

Had a very hostile officer with a bee in his bonnet chasing my old company about me, apparently i somehow got a fully freighted Scania cabbed car transporter into a tiny housing estate, then proceeded to demolish someones entrance gates, all seemingly caught on CCTV.

What threw it all into doubt was that i left part of the tail lift :bulb: :unamused: behind too, despite my guvnor explaining at length to this officer that out of about 350 vehicles in the country we didn’t have a single tail lift on any one, and the vehicle in question was most definately not the DAF rigid delivery style lorry said officer was convinced it was, he wasn’t having a bar of it…my guvno’rs attitude eventually was well make a fool of yourself in court if thats what you want, the lorry still won’t become a DAF rigid with broken tail lift.

Eventually i spoke to a very sensible lady at the station dealing with it who, after viewing the evidence, immediately cancelled the enquiry about my involvement once she’d seen the stills from the video.

Call me a cynic but this one smells to me.

Coming hard on the heels of the owner whose driver is being chased for “forcing a car off the road”…

Maybe I’m wrong.

Craw1985:

Yep, it turned out to be a failed claim as the word of a professional driver carries more weight. Also defendants costs where awarded so it cost the car driver trying it on a pretty penny.

So has your car been hit by a truck or are you trying to pretend it has.
Pictures of damage please…

No but I have had a lying ■■■■■■■ phoning in trying to say I hit his parked car on a regular route we use , only time I’ve ever been glad of a tracker

See this recent thread:- viewtopic.php?f=2&t=115532

I had a phone call off my TM once,
"Just had an irate woman on the blower, have you clipped a car on XYZ street this morning ? "

“Nope, not a chance, I know it for a fact, never went anywhere near any cars on there…”

Cut a long story short, after a few phone calls back and forth I told my TM to ask her if there was any paint on the damage and another phone call later she triumphantly declared there was, white paint, right down the back quarter.

Happy days then, my vehicle is red, go chase the council for the bin men that were down there as well in their white truck.

A few years ago my boss told me that the police had contacted him about a failing to stop incident by me. I got the details he had and looked at my records and yes I was there about that time (Wolverhampton).

I rang the copper that had contacted my boss and told him that yes I was there around the time specified but had no knowledge of an accident. He then gave me the details, apparently I had gone past a row of parked cars so fast that I had ripped a car door open, it had collided with the side of my trailer and been ripped off. I explained to the officer that container trailers make a hell of a noise whether you have an accident or not so one other bang crash or squeak would not have caught my attention, so if the accident was real, then unless I was looking in my nearside mirror at that moment then I wouldn’t have known anything about it. I then pointed out that the likely truth of the story was that she had opened the door into the side of my trailer and that since there was no apparent damage to the trailer I would not be making any claims. Mr policeman then said thank you very much we wont be taking this any further, and true to his word that’s the last I ever heard about it.

I expect Mrs Patel had a bit of explaining to do to her hubby.

As I was finishing loading a SAAB 900 onto the back of my transporter in Hamm Germany the police was there to enquire the route I had taken and if I was involved in a accident. After following him to a station on the Autobahn and watching a video it seemed that a motorbike has gone into the back of me as I slowed to let some trucks out of a slip road. Got fined 600 Deutchmarks for leaving the scene of an accident even though I knew nothing about it. Pay it or go to jail till judge van see you. Didnt fancy that so paid up after being told that when it goes to court and found not to be my fault I would get the money back. Didnt hold out much hope but 2 months later a cheque was on the door step. Result!!

I once had some idiot step out in front of me with his hand up gesturing for me to stop. When I did and asked him what his problem was he said that I has just hit a row of parked cars as a couple of their alarms were going off. I told him I hadn’t hit anything and that it was my exhaust note that had set them off but he was having none of it and tryed demanding my details or he would call the police. When he refused to go away and multiply I called them my self (he was still stood in front of my truck)… When they arrived it took them all of about 1 minute to inspect said vehicles and ■■■■■■ the gentleman out of the road so that myself and the massive tailback ( about 2 cars 1 milk float and a tractor) could carry on about our business.