Update on fail to stop accident M6 Cheshire

Recently had a post on the forum regarding a fail to stop after an accident/report accident/driving without due care, I received the notice of intended prosecution
and I attended at a Cheshire police station yesterday to give an interview
It went reasonably well I think, the car driver alleges the accident took place on the M62 slip onto the M6 south Jct 21A, I was on the M6 at roughly same time as stated on the report possibly near that location, Stop start traffic 7.30 am as usual that time in morning
He described me as being 50 years of age I’m 70 years of age I had two Volvo artic units on
the plant trailer yet he said he didn’t know what I was carrying, he said I let him in and he ended up between me and an artic in front and I clipped his rear bumper and he pulled onto the hard shoulder and that I shrugged my shoulders when he gestured to me to pull over while I was stationary in the Que
I am now waiting for Lancashire traffic police to go back on the cameras to prove I travelled M58 to M6 heading southbound on that particular day which then would clear me of being on the M62 slip heading onto M6 southbound at Jct21A
Cheshire police are going to speak to the BMW driver again as they say there’s too many discrepancies in his statement and it may be up to the sergeant in Cheshire traffic group
to make a decision in a day or so, hopefully before X as its getting me down

I hope you’re exonerated…

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but, dashcam footage would probably have proved your innocence with a great deal less hassle.

yourhavingalarf:
I hope you’re exonerated…

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but, dashcam footage would probably have proved your innocence with a great deal less hassle.

That’s what the traffic Bobby said to me yesterday, it was me that suggested going back on the cameras M58 /M6 to prove that wasn’t on M62
He said that this case could be done and dusted today if we get the footage.
For some reason one of the officers said were you on the M62 the day previous to the accident, I replied NO. It wasn’t until later on after leaving the police station I wondered what made him ask that question.

To be honest a dash cam might not have helped as they record over old data every few hours depending how big the memory card is? If it was not until a while later you heard anything about this that day will be long gone? A shame though as evidence like that would just be great to hand back saying no clearly not me officer! To many people trying it on! Good luck and don’t let it bring your Christmas down!

Good news, just had Cheshire police roads unit on phone, and was told no further action against me for the alleged offences, they have spoken to the BMW driver again today and he changed the location of the alleged incident, so insufficient evedince against me.
With the money I would have paid for a solicitor to defend me, I am purchasing a dash camera. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

happysillyme:
To be honest a dash cam might not have helped as they record over old data every few hours depending how big the memory card is? If it was not until a while later you heard anything about this that day will be long gone? A shame though as evidence like that would just be great to hand back saying no clearly not me officer! To many people trying it on! Good luck and don’t let it bring your Christmas down!

I use a 64 gig card…

It stores a whole day.

Intake/l39:
Good news, just had Cheshire police roads unit on phone, and was told no further action against me for the alleged offences, they have spoken to the BMW driver again today and he changed the location of the alleged incident, so insufficient evedince against me.
With the money I would have paid for a solicitor to defend me, I am purchasing a dash camera. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

YAY. :smiley:

Intake/l39:

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hope the BMW driver got a slapped wrist for waisting police time.

Intake/l39:

Couple of days ago I got out of Halfords a new dashcam with GPS and WIFI for £79.00 and a 16 gb card for £11 form Asda so can you please inform me of your solicitors name who works for 80 quid in case I need a good un ? :slight_smile:
ps. HD as well and it has the facility to protect any segment that’s on the card whether it is on a one minute, three minute or five minutes depending on how you have set it. Recommend it !!

yourhavingalarf:

happysillyme:

I use a 64 gig card…

It stores a whole day.

We use 32GB cards in our`s, they tend to give a few days worth of entertainment, and if the truck has a serious issue, I go out to the truck and swop the cards to preserve the evidence :wink:

Not every Traffic cop takes on board what the camera can prove, we had a “crash for cash” incident on the M6 last year, where the camera provided a very chilling video of the incident [they were lucky to survive the crash], the Police traced our drivers route back to the M6/M56 junction via THEIR cameras, just to prove our lad wasn’t on his phone at anytime coming down the M6, our crash was south of Stafford by the way…they were looking to pass the blame on I suppose, as the car driver was a female of mixed race, so the boxes needed ticking :unamused:

We got an apology from the Police after we pointed out that our video showed TWO people being cut out of the wreckage, but their insurance claim had FOUR people with serious injuries…The Police hadn’t bothered to check, I had to do all the spade work :blush:

In the same way…

That Satnavs became a factory fitment as opposed to an aftermarket add on.

In vehicle recording cameras will eventually become standard on cars and lorries. In cab recording will become the norm. Insurance companies will sooner or later offer large discounts to those who fit them and in time, will only insure those who have them.

yourhavingalarf:
In the same way…

That Satnavs became a factory fitment as opposed to an aftermarket add on.

In vehicle recording cameras will eventually become standard on cars and lorries. In cab recording will become the norm. Insurance companies will sooner or later offer large discounts to those who fit them and in time, will only insure those who have them.

My stepson works in the traffic office of a haulage company, they fitted cameras in their fleet and insurance premium was halved.

Intake/l39:

BMW driver, say no more!

raymundo:

Intake/l39:

Couple of days ago I got out of Halfords a new dashcam with GPS and WIFI for £79.00 and a 16 gb card for £11 form Asda so can you please inform me of your solicitors name who works for 80 quid in case I need a good un ? :slight_smile:
ps. HD as well and it has the facility to protect any segment that’s on the card whether it is on a one minute, three minute or five minutes depending on how you have set it. Recommend it !!

79+11=90 :grimacing:

So, more than likely, Mr BMW driver pranged his car himself then took the numberplate down of the next random lorry he saw.

Call me an idealist, but arnt you innocent until proven guilty.

Or put it another way. Isnt it up to the BMW driver to prove you hit him rather than for you to prove that you didnt?

cupidstunt:

raymundo:

Intake/l39:

[/quote

79+11=90 :grimacing:

Typo error mate as believe it or not I can count ( even up to 20 ifme shoes an socks are off) :slight_smile:

Own Account Driver:
So, more than likely, Mr BMW driver pranged his car himself then took the numberplate down of the next random lorry he saw.

Seen pictures of back bumper from BMW wasn’t badly damaged, he first gave the reg of one of the artic units I was carrying, then said He didn’t know what I was carrying and he said he drove past me in the outside lane after the collision and looked at me and recognised me as the driver that hit him earlier
Must be good to spot a driver in a high cabbed truck from a car driving on a motorway
made my day when he said I was about 50, I said to the Bobby “can I have that in writing”

yourhavingalarf:

happysillyme:

I use a 64 gig card…

It stores a whole day.

I use a 64 Gig card too. My cameras (front & rear) will lock the video if there’s a shock to the G sensor. It records time, date, speed and position. It’s already proved to be invaluable more than once.