Update on fail to stop accident M6 Cheshire

cupidstunt:

raymundo:

Intake/l39:
Good news, just had Cheshire police roads unit on phone, and was told no further action against me for the alleged offences, they have spoken to the BMW driver again today and he changed the location of the alleged incident, so insufficient evedince against me.
With the money I would have paid for a solicitor to defend me, I am purchasing a dash camera. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

Couple of days ago I got out of Halfords a new dashcam with GPS and WIFI for £79.00 and a 16 gb card for £11 form Asda so can you please inform me of your solicitors name who works for 80 quid in case I need a good un ? :slight_smile:
ps. HD as well and it has the facility to protect any segment that’s on the card whether it is on a one minute, three minute or five minutes depending on how you have set it. Recommend it !!

79+11=90 :grimacing:

I believe he’s also navigating with an AA road atlas as it was a bargain, and a lot cheaper than nautical charts! :grimacing:

peterm:
I use a 64 Gig card too. My cameras (front & rear) will lock the video if there’s a shock to the G sensor. It records time, date, speed and position. It’s already proved to be invaluable more than once.

Make and type please? Am looking for one at the moment

Thanks

This one works in both of mine (car and truck)…

amazon.co.uk/Transcend-Prem … ro+sd+card

good_friend:

peterm:
I use a 64 Gig card too. My cameras (front & rear) will lock the video if there’s a shock to the G sensor. It records time, date, speed and position. It’s already proved to be invaluable more than once.

Make and type please? Am looking for one at the moment

Thanks

BlackVue DR-650 GW 2 CH
You can get a 1 Channel (single camera) too. Not the cheapest, but seems to work all right.

Packed my dashcam away for a week off and threads like this make me realise its daft not to put it back up.
My bed facing cam is still active though… :wink:
Scratch that it’s motion sensing so hasn’t seen much action for years.

Well done on being exonerated.

Dipper_Dave:
Packed my dashcam away for a week off and threads like this make me realise its daft not to put it back up.
My bed facing cam is still active though… :wink:
Scratch that it’s motion sensing so hasn’t seen much action for years.

Well done on being exonerated.

Thanks Dave, got a dash cam this morning,
I bet your bed facing cam has caught a few rear shunts over the years.

:slight_smile:
More selfies if I’m honest…

Dipper_Dave:
:slight_smile:
More selfies if I’m honest…

It’s got a good zoom then :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

The company I work for specified the units (40 of them) that came in this year to have full 360 degree recording and also retro fitted the other 17 motors with the same kit, it’s got a few of our lads off the hook straight away as soon as the footage has been looked at, also some of the drivers have mentioned a change of attitude from the 3 rd party as soon as you tell them you have got 360 degree cctv.

raymundo:

cupidstunt:

raymundo:

Intake/l39:
Good news, just had Cheshire police roads unit on phone, and was told no further action against me for the alleged offences, they have spoken to the BMW driver again today and he changed the location of the alleged incident, so insufficient evedince against me.
With the money I would have paid for a solicitor to defend me, I am purchasing a dash camera. Thanks to everyone who replied to my post.

Couple of days ago I got out of Halfords a new dashcam with GPS and WIFI for £79.00 and a 16 gb card for £11 form Asda so can you please inform me of your solicitors name who works for 80 quid in case I need a good un ? :slight_smile:
ps. HD as well and it has the facility to protect any segment that’s on the card whether it is on a one minute, three minute or five minutes depending on how you have set it. Recommend it !!
[/quote

79+11=90 :grimacing:

Typo error mate as believe it or not I can count ( even up to 20 ifme shoes an socks are off) :slight_smile:

21 if you are not wearing pants too

I can also see in the future trucks and possibly some other vehicles being fitted with dash cams front and rear and linked to an on-board ‘black box’ that will hold recordings for months along with GPS locations, time and date info etc.

As for cheaper insurance, call me a cynic but my thinking is that insurance companies will start to keep current pricing for those who have dash cams, and just raise it to even sillier money for those that don’t have them. They don’t like to be out of pocket.

andy_s:
I can also see in the future trucks and possibly some other vehicles being fitted with dash cams front and rear and linked to an on-board ‘black box’ that will hold recordings for months along with GPS locations, time and date info etc.

As for cheaper insurance, call me a cynic but my thinking is that insurance companies will start to keep current pricing for those who have dash cams, and just raise it to even sillier money for those that don’t have them. They don’t like to be out of pocket.

Dead right. I get no reduction for car insurance for front and rear cameras. :angry:

rangechange59:

raymundo:
Typo error mate as believe it or not I can count ( even up to 20 ifme shoes an socks are off) :slight_smile:

21 if you are not wearing pants too

Wouldnt that be 23?