Declaring HGV accident

Dilemma, For myself currently.

Had a quite serious accident in September regarding a car and an additional lorry.

The car driver was to blame, and the accident was forwarded to insurance.

They are taking her to court (although i have not heard anything back for a few months)

Should i declare this for my car renewal which is coming up within 2 weeks?

Thanks in advance

Better to be safe than sorry, so I would explain the details and see what your renewal quote compares to the previous year, bear in mind if you don’t declare it and you have another incident your insurance might/will baulk at the idea of paying out leaving you in either the legal or financial mire, not worth it imo.

Yes, you are supposed to, although when I reported a minor bump in my truck to my car insurance company they weren’t at all interested. Always best to report it though as insurance companies will do anything to wriggle out of a future claim.

I was involved in a Rta on m62, car got side swiped by a truck, spun across carriage way into another truck and then ended up hitting central reservation . Cops were called , as I was parked near here car I at first got blame by cops even though the rigid parked on down carriage way had hit here , sending here spinning into me ( I was stationary when she hit me , got letter from here solicitor asking for statement as shed apparently had multiple injuries .
Never heard anymore and didn’t declare it , company insurance never contacted me either