CAVEAT EMPTOR

OP how did you pay for your training? Was any of it paid using a credit card or a fiancé agreement with the company?

You technically do have a claim (if what you said is factually accurate) - as they have not fulfilled the contract (not given you a vehicle to do the test in which is appropriate). And you could go down the money claim online. However to do so you need to follow the pre action protocol.

However if you have paid a single penny on a credit card or using a finance agreement then there is a better way for me to help you sort this. The consumer credit act has something called section 75 and as I hate seeing people ripped off I’m willing to draft the letters for you and walk you through the processes.

Warning to all looking to train. Put some of it on a credit card!!! If the company does the dirty or goes bust (and in these times it’s more than possible) you are protected by the credit card company. Please just put £1 on the credit card and you have full protection. I have used this for myself and friends and family and have never ever failed.

i passed my Class 1 with J Coates back in '79…they were the best around at the time.very surprised they are going downhill.

worldsbestdriver:
OP how did you pay for your training? Was any of it paid using a credit card or a fiancé agreement with the company?

You technically do have a claim (if what you said is factually accurate) - as they have not fulfilled the contract (not given you a vehicle to do the test in which is appropriate). And you could go down the money claim online. However to do so you need to follow the pre action protocol.

However if you have paid a single penny on a credit card or using a finance agreement then there is a better way for me to help you sort this. The consumer credit act has something called section 75 and as I hate seeing people ripped off I’m willing to draft the letters for you and walk you through the processes.

Warning to all looking to train. Put some of it on a credit card!!! If the company does the dirty or goes bust (and in these times it’s more than possible) you are protected by the credit card company. Please just put £1 on the credit card and you have full protection. I have used this for myself and friends and family and have never ever failed.

Luckily it was paid on credit card
Not sure what the process is to claim though
EDIT
Oh now i do . Barclaycard require you to do everything electronically until you request a refund at which point you have to print everything out in triplicate sign it and send it by post .
In any case i have done it now and will update this in about 6 years when they process it !
Thanks for the advice worldsbestdriver

Riddlemethis:

worldsbestdriver:

Luckily it was paid on credit card
Not sure what the process is to claim though
EDIT
Oh now i do . Barclaycard require you to do everything electronically until you request a refund at which point you have to print everything out in triplicate sign it and send it by post .
In any case i have done it now and will update this in about 6 years when they process it !
Thanks for the advice worldsbestdriver

Contact the company via email/recorded letter setting out exactly how they didn’t fulfill the contract. Tell them how you want it sorting. When they refuse/fob you off then fill this in: apply.barclays.co.uk/forms/ … ution=e2s1

If they won’t give you a restest you need to get some quotes for a retest which will include more training on that vehicle etc. Perhaps ask the guy on here who does training for a quote? Ask for this in writing and you can use it to show the credit card company what is required.

Won’t take 6 years. More like 3 months if I’m honest.

carryfast-yeti:
i passed my Class 1 with J Coates back in '79…they were the best around at the time.very surprised they are going downhill.

A lot can change in 41 years!! We hadn’t even had Maggie back then! ANd I wasn’t even born :slight_smile:

FYI - My complaint has been upheld under the consumer credit act and I have secured a full refund.

Do not use J Coates HGV - that’s just my personal advice.