Caught speeding twice scotland

latin is always a vague language to translate.
i tried two words in english,and three words in latin came up…i wonder how they translate for you?

obliquitas ambulationis retardant :open_mouth:

Conor:

dbk23:
Jumping to conclusions Connor, very unlike you!! It’s not Freeman of the land nor legal name fraud or any derivative of those who promote such [zb], shame you didn’t spend a little time researching instead of being a ■■■■ and jumping on ya keyboard. Never mind global warming will get us before the noose is around our necks!!!

"No legal document can transgress from one to the other & still hold up under uk law. "

It is complete and utter rubbish. You’re talking complete crap and so is anyone who claims the above. Caveat Emptor is a good example of a latin phrase regularly used and which stands up under UK law. Uberimmei Fidei is another in massive use as it is the principle that covers many contracts, especially insurance. Read court case transcripts and judgements and you’ll find latin phrases used all over the place.

People who make such claims like you have are the ones who almost always without fail prove that they are in fact the ones being a ■■■■.

I don’t think your grasping what I’m saying… Heabus corpus is also Latin. Show me a person who has been convicted AFTER rebuking the original claim on the grounds Iv mentioned… take as long as you want. Ab initio! All important.

Cant wait, TEMPUS FUGIT you know.

robroy:
The cynic in me can not help thinking that this faliure in Scotland to come into line with the rest of the UK’s HGV speed limits is purely there to catch you out to raise revenue and nothing else but …especially when there are exceptions made when it suits THEM (A9 Perth/Inverness)
It’s been proven elsewhere that 50mph works (although originally I was not sure it would because of the d/heads amongst us)

It’s supposed to be the ‘‘UNITED’’ Kingdom ffs., as much as they want their independence they aint got it, so bring [zb] things into line with the rest of the country

Another example here is the legal alchohol limit,.

Now I know I’m going to get a effin [zb] storm chucked at me for this off the purists :unamused: , and those who swallow without thinking the official line ■■■■■■■■ on ‘sucking a wine gum affects your judgement’
So I’ll just pre empt with ''Anybody getting behind a wheel ■■■■■■ up deserves all that comes to them., so get that out of the way first eh…but think about it for ONE minute…

The original concept of drink/drive limits on a breathylizer were to stop someone '‘Driving whilst DRUNK’
However, when a guy loses his licence for having a half lager with a meal in Scotland (allegedlly a true event, not sure but go with it ) there is something wrong with a system.

Before those purists I was on about give themselves a coronary/stroke to come back and have a go at me :unamused: …‘‘NO I DON’T drink and drive myself’’ !
sorry to disappoint, my point is based purely on principle.
If you do something in Scotland they deem illegal you’re nicked, but in the next village 100yds over open border …it’s perfectly legal and you aint, in the same country.
Aka a [zb] joke.

robroy one bit you have wrong is the half lager with a meal and you will be done. Not true, I have a mate who drove after two pints of beer (which I don’t recommend by the way) but he was stopped on his way home and breath tested. PASSED. He was extremely worried when he was asked into the cop car and the copper asked him what he had had to drink. He told them truthfully and they said you should be fine ( as he was ) but told him if he had had the likes of two pints of stella he would probably have been doomed.
Saying all that I suppose some could fail after one pint so really not worth the risk.
I for one would go for zero tolerance and I reckon that is what the Scottish government really want!

By the way I fully understand where you are coming from mostly.

J88wul:
Just received letter for speeding cam van caught me doing 51mph on national speed limit road Scotland so 40mph this is second in a year what a D**k

Anyone experience this? Got letter the first time saying I’ll be sent in front of traffic commissioner if caught again within 3 year

Tia

i was told by DVsa solicitor , 3 judges in a magistrates court , compliance officer etc etc that I’d have to go before t/c and I’d get a months suspension of my lisense , I just got a caution through the post :exclamation: , so I’d wait and see

I also feel for the O.P. I am Scottish bye the way. He has transgressed in Scotland under Scottish law ,but it is his U.K. licence that is at risk.

alamcculloch:
I also feel for the O.P. I am Scottish bye the way. He has transgressed in Scotland under Scottish law ,but it is his U.K. licence that is at risk.

Funny you should say that…
Years ago my ex got banned for drink driving in Spain. When she went home to Scotland she found that the ban didn´t count in the UK :open_mouth: , she hired a car no probs.

jakethesnake:

robroy:
The cynic in me can not help thinking that this faliure in Scotland to come into line with the rest of the UK’s HGV speed limits is purely there to catch you out to raise revenue and nothing else but …especially when there are exceptions made when it suits THEM (A9 Perth/Inverness)
It’s been proven elsewhere that 50mph works (although originally I was not sure it would because of the d/heads amongst us)

It’s supposed to be the ‘‘UNITED’’ Kingdom ffs., as much as they want their independence they aint got it, so bring [zb] things into line with the rest of the country

Another example here is the legal alchohol limit,.

Now I know I’m going to get a effin [zb] storm chucked at me for this off the purists :unamused: , and those who swallow without thinking the official line ■■■■■■■■ on ‘sucking a wine gum affects your judgement’
So I’ll just pre empt with ''Anybody getting behind a wheel ■■■■■■ up deserves all that comes to them., so get that out of the way first eh…but think about it for ONE minute…

The original concept of drink/drive limits on a breathylizer were to stop someone '‘Driving whilst DRUNK’
However, when a guy loses his licence for having a half lager with a meal in Scotland (allegedlly a true event, not sure but go with it ) there is something wrong with a system.

Before those purists I was on about give themselves a coronary/stroke to come back and have a go at me :unamused: …‘‘NO I DON’T drink and drive myself’’ !
sorry to disappoint, my point is based purely on principle.
If you do something in Scotland they deem illegal you’re nicked, but in the next village 100yds over open border …it’s perfectly legal and you aint, in the same country.
Aka a [zb] joke.

robroy one bit you have wrong is the half lager with a meal and you will be done. Not true, I have a mate who drove after two pints of beer (which I don’t recommend by the way) but he was stopped on his way home and breath tested. PASSED. He was extremely worried when he was asked into the cop car and the copper asked him what he had had to drink. He told them truthfully and they said you should be fine ( as he was ) but told him if he had had the likes of two pints of stella he would probably have been doomed.
Saying all that I suppose some could fail after one pint so really not worth the risk.
I for one would go for zero tolerance and I reckon that is what the Scottish government really want!

By the way I fully understand where you are coming from mostly.

Yeh ok, but like I said ‘‘allegedlly a true event but not sure’’
(After saying that the guy who told me aint a one for spouting or even repeating ■■■■■■■■, but who knows)

You are illustrating my point btw about zero tolerance…
wtf for?unless you believe all these so called ''proven tests" to back this type of hairbrained idea, that a wine gum or a sherry ■■■■ trifle is going to make you cause mayhem on the road because of ‘’ ‘‘impaired judgement’’. :unamused:

The main thing is to get the ■■■■■■■■■ off the road!!
That was the raison d’ etre Rodney, of breathylizers in the first place :bulb: …not a guy who has had a glass of wine with his sheperds pie the night before, and a modicum of alchohol trace is stll there, so he gets a 12 month ban ffs… :unamused:

By your theory why not also ban the carrying of hammers and knives in vans cars and trucks in an effort to cut down on potential violent crime using weapons, ok, a dodgy analogy it may be, but you get my point.

I just hate ott and ridiculous knee jerk reactions, (usually by the government with a hidden monetary agenda btw :bulb: )to bad situations that just chuck out the babies with the bathwater.

J88wul:
Just received letter for speeding cam van caught me doing 51mph on national speed limit road Scotland so 40mph this is second in a year what a D**k

Anyone experience this? Got letter the first time saying I’ll be sent in front of traffic commissioner if caught again within 3 year

Tia

I was in the same situation last year (50mph both times) and was asked round to the TC’s gaffe. I thought Ms Aitken (TC for Scotland) was very fair and reasonable - well, I would say that since I got off with a warning. Seriously though, I listened to the three cases before mine - everyone got a fair hearing and I thought her decisions were spot-on. My case was the last of the day, and when it had been dealt with, we had a friendly 5-10 minute chat about lorry-driving. You"ll get the chance to explain your case in as much detail as you want and of course offer any mitigating facts, so - stating the obvious, I know - spend a bit of time preparing what you’re going to say. In my own case, I was caught both times by a mobile camera on an uphill overtaking section (i.e.2 lanes in that
direction only) so I pointed out to the TC that it was a good and safe place to get past tractors and slow lorries. I showed her the photo from the camera to prove that it was a 2-lane section. Whether any of that made any difference, I have no idea. Maybe I just got lucky. Anyway, best of luck. Let us know how you get on.

robroy:
The main thing is to get the ■■■■■■■■■ off the road!!
That was the raison d’ etre Rodney, of breathylizers in the first place :bulb: …not a guy who has had a glass of wine with his sheperds pie the night before, and a modicum of alchohol trace is stll there, so he gets a 12 month ban ffs… :unamused:

Or people kipping in the car, keys on the back seat, not willing to drive because they KNOW they´re over the limit.
13 month ban and 300 quid. ■■■■■■■■■

be worth you getting an xgody sat nav offa ebay . most xgody [but not all] speak a verbal warning soon as u go over the limit. and keep speaking it
that machine has me easing off everytime

orij » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:40 pm

be worth you getting an xgody sat nav offa ebay . most xgody [but not all] speak a verbal warning soon as u go over the limit. and keep speaking it

Well if you need something to tell you yojur speeding ,you best get a bike or walk,are you not able to read a sign and then adjust you speed to that

Herr Sturgeon has put the price of drink up now so we cant afford to get a pint with our dinner

My mate got caught in a van doing 75mph on the A90 to Aberdeen, £200 and 3 points. Lucky escape

corij:

Or save your money and set your cruise control/limiter. :bulb: :neutral_face:

The rules changed recently for vans , I think that they are only allowed 60 mph. Have heard of a few drivers donating to the Treasury lately.

All you have to do in scotland is adjust your internal date settings back 30 years and you will be fine because that is how far back they are to the rest of us.

alamcculloch:
The rules changed recently for vans , I think that they are only allowed 60 mph. Have heard of a few drivers donating to the Treasury lately.

Vans have always been 60mph

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not car derived vans

I hope it was,nt on the A75, :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

weewulliewinkie:
I hope it was,nt on the A75, :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Only road in Scotland where a trucks minimum speed is 60 mph …