50mph.

I heard in the grapevine last year that hgv wagons could do 50mph on A roads instead of 40mph in 2015.

just wondered if that was a rumour or if it was true.

cheers

steve

:slight_smile: :slight_smile:

^^ The new HGV speed limits of 50 mph on single carriageways and 60mph on Dual carriageways comes into operation in April 2015.

Ok cheers mate.

Thanks for that. :wink:

Just England and Wales though, don’t be goin daft on the 75!

The Scots already have 50 mph but only on the A9 at present.

Scotland will probably lower it just to be different

ajt:

Just so they can get more donations to the policemans ball on the 75.

ajt:

PMSL :laughing:
Not “different” though. The Scottish government would lower it just to show everyone they can.

The-Snowman:

ajt:

PMSL :laughing:
Not “different” though. The Scottish government would lower it just to show everyone they can.

:laughing: Ya never know, they might make it even higher… just to show everyone they can, AND because it’d help to improve the economy, or some such jazz :smiley:

A41 and A75 for years has been 60mph + :smiley:

irishrover:

and the A5!!

irishrover:

Until you get caught :blush:

Is the new speed limit for definite in April ?

weeto:

irishrover:

Until you get caught :blush:

rule 1…don’t get caught…let the Donegal mafia shake the bushes for you,and sit in the rocking chair about 62 ish in the middle of the pack…same story heading north…doddle along till mad paddy comes along,give him a few mins,then flat to the mat works well.

Ghost01:

As far as I’m aware the change in law for the new speed limits has still to be put to parliament, but there’s no reason to think it won’t go ahead on the 6th of April for both single carriageways and dual carriageways.

tachograph:

Ghost01:

As far as I’m aware the change in law for the new speed limits has still to be put to parliament, but there’s no reason to think it won’t go ahead on the 6th of April for both single carriageways and dual carriageways.

I sincerely hope so. Our firm operate Tesco rules on speeding, in other words you get penalised for the slightest infringement; consequently I’ve witnessed more stupid overtaking from impatient car drivers (and a few dumb-■■■ HGV drivers too) in the last year than I have in the whole of my driving career since the early 1980’s. Good for overtime but try doing a maximum 30.9 mph (setting CC to 63 km/hr) all the way from Welshpool to Carmarthen; not only frustrating for those following you (you can only pull into so many laybys) but it’s actually more tiring than driving in the high 40’s which is far more suitable for that road.

To be honest … can you see it going ahead :unamused:

Sidevalve:
I’ve witnessed more stupid overtaking from impatient car drivers (and a few dumb-■■■ HGV drivers too) in the last year than I have in the whole of my driving career since the early 1980’s. Good for overtime but try doing a maximum 30.9 mph (setting CC to 63 km/hr) all the way from Welshpool to Carmarthen; not only frustrating for those following you (you can only pull into so many laybys) but it’s actually more tiring than driving in the high 40’s which is far more suitable for that road.

And that’s where the problem really is

nick2008:

Sidevalve:
I’ve witnessed more stupid overtaking from impatient car drivers (and a few dumb-■■■ HGV drivers too) in the last year than I have in the whole of my driving career since the early 1980’s. Good for overtime but try doing a maximum 30.9 mph (setting CC to 63 km/hr) all the way from Welshpool to Carmarthen; not only frustrating for those following you (you can only pull into so many laybys) but it’s actually more tiring than driving in the high 40’s which is far more suitable for that road.

And it will not get any better when the limit is 50 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

redboxer850:

nick2008:

Sidevalve:

And it will not get any better when the limit is 50 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

correct because there will always be them that want to go a little faster