New speed limit

Can anyone tell me the new hgv speed limits?
Having an argument at work so need confirmation please

National speed limit Single carriageway 50mph dual carriageway and motorways 60mph unless otherwise posted

m1cks:
National speed limit Single carriageway 50mph dual carriageway and motorways 60mph unless otherwise posted

Different in Scotland

I believe Scotland is still 40mph on A roads ■■

gov.uk/speed-limits
scroll down to see LGV limits for england/wales or scotland

gov.uk/speed-limits

That took less than a min by putting in .gov.uk then speed limits. :unamused:

syramax:
I believe Scotland is still 40mph on A roads ■■

As far as i know the only exception to 40 on single carriageway roads in Scotland is on the A9, where you can do 50.

nick2008:
Speed limits - GOV.UK

NAH NAH NAH … I beat you to the link :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Give me grief if you like, (you should know, should have listened to dcpc etc :unamused: ,)so fill yer boots, don’t care.
I’m still unsure about B roads.
Ok I aint a ‘speed target’ jockey, and I know most B roads are only suitable for around 30ish or even less in some cases, but what about the ex A road B road (if you see what I mean :smiley: ) Some of these are wide and suitable enough to do the 50 in a truck, so what’s the score guys?

robroy:
So what’s the score guys?

You should know :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t matter if it’s an A, B, C or Z road… If it’s single carriageway and NSL applies, the limit is 50 (in E&W), 40 in Scotland. If appropriate, of course.

robroy:
Give me grief if you like, (you should know, should have listened to dcpc etc :unamused: ,)so fill yer boots, don’t care.
I’m still unsure about B roads.
Ok I aint a ‘speed target’ jockey, and I know most B roads are only suitable for around 30ish or even less in some cases, but what about the ex A road B road (if you see what I mean :smiley: ) Some of these are wide and suitable enough to do the 50 in a truck, so what’s the score guys?

A road B road makes no difference the posted speed is the limit be it 20 or 70

Im in the speed target group, I.e. if its NSL SC then 50 is what im aiming for, conditions, weather, load may dictate otherwise and require a lower speed.
Obviously lower targets are signposted using repeater signs and usual give aways, lampost spacing, mini roundabouts etc.

Remember its a target not a limit.

Theres exeptions like hilly up and downy bits, 66mph on the A6 the other day just before the A14. Nearly set a new record for meself.
(Obviously illegal but YOLO).

ROG:

nick2008:
Speed limits - GOV.UK

NAH NAH NAH … I beat you to the link :smiling_imp: :laughing:

Yeah but your a tart Rog :grimacing: I’m a more up market man, a custard slice man :wink:

Dipper_Dave:
Im in the speed target group, I.e. if its NSL SC then 50 is what im aiming for, conditions, weather, load may dictate otherwise and require a lower speed.
Obviously lower targets are signposted using repeater signs and usual give aways, lampost spacing, mini roundabouts etc.

Remember its a target not a limit.

Theres exeptions like hilly up and downy bits, 66mph on the A6 the other day just before the A14. Nearly set a new record for meself.
(Obviously illegal but YOLO).

:sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :wink:

It’s hardly a new speed limit, it’s been around for over a year!

Mine does 90kph, you’ve got to watch it down hill or you get an infringement.

In the 80’s I put my Ford D series into neutral down that hill on the M20 and it went up to 85mph, it made me a shade nervous.

Get an overspeed warning? Press ok to become happy again. Not sure how fast anyway as speedo only goes to 85mph.
FISH.

somtam:

They’re not new, they’ve been in force since 6th April 2015.

Good lord what happens if the OP drives STGO loads all this info is useless :laughing:

Conor:

somtam:

They’re not new, they’ve been in force since 6th April 2015.

Yet some drivers are still unaware that it went up. I wonder if anyone’s told them Seddon and Atkinson have merged? :laughing: