Car Insurance Question

Years ago reductions were sometime given if you held a vocational licence.

But these days probably better to keep quiet.
You may even find that helps.

As I keep repeating on here,
Any so-called professional driver / HGV driver insurance discount is complete and utter bollox!
It does not exist, not with Cornmarket or anyone else.
It’s all a complete scam to hook you into to their insurance!

I’m still with Cornmarket, yes they up the renewal a bit sometimes but if do a search online (they will want to see a screenshot or similar for proof, you can’t just pull an imaginary amazingly low figure out of your arse) and find a decent quote they will make it happen assuming you aint taking the urine or are snotty with them, sometimes my quotes from them are so well priced that i can’t get near them online.

I have no problem renewing with them, haven’t had a claim but those who have say they handled things well.

You have to be fair minded, the office is in Nth Ireland not bloody India @ $3 an hour, have always treated me fairly and they don’t take the ■■■■ if you change a car mid term and seeing i have two policies they did some car swapping mid policy cos it worked out better for me overall for just a minor admin charge, some of the cheap insurers have scandalous admin charges, are about as helpful as a dead squirrel, and if you make any alterations mid term they roger you bone dry.

Gembo:
As I keep repeating on here,
Any so-called professional driver / HGV driver insurance discount is complete and utter bollox!
It does not exist, not with Cornmarket or anyone else.
It’s all a complete scam to hook you into to their insurance!

Cornmarket use the IAM scheme to get a cheaper quote, but this only lasts for 12mths after which it costs you to renew in order to save a small sum of around £20, that’s with 14 years NDC of which the underwriters only give a discount up to 9 years

And when getting quotes from the comparison websites even changing the start date of cover changed the price, with some thieving barstewards by a significant amount even when the start dates where within 4 days of each other P155 taking thieves

Juddian:
I’m still with Cornmarket, yes they up the renewal a bit sometimes but if do a search online (they will want to see a screenshot or similar for proof, you can’t just pull an imaginary amazingly low figure out of your arse) and find a decent quote they will make it happen assuming you aint taking the urine or are snotty with them, sometimes my quotes from them are so well priced that i can’t get near them online.

I have no problem renewing with them, haven’t had a claim but those who have say they handled things well.

You have to be fair minded, the office is in Nth Ireland not bloody India @ $3 an hour, have always treated me fairly and they don’t take the ■■■■ if you change a car mid term and seeing i have two policies they did some car swapping mid policy cos it worked out better for me overall for just a minor admin charge, some of the cheap insurers have scandalous admin charges, are about as helpful as a dead squirrel, and if you make any alterations mid term they roger you bone dry.

I’ve been with Cornmarket for a few years now and would agree with what you say, easy to deal with, even with the heavy Noren Orish accent. :laughing: I’ve also changed cars mid policy either without a fee or a very low fee and hassle free, in one case done while a mate of mine was taking me to a dealer to pick up a new car.

yes the quotes do go up at renewal time, but in my experience so does everybody else, no such thing as rewarding loyalty so they don’t get any from me, each renewal I go out look for a better quote and go back and ask them if they can beat it, so far they’ve managed it, but I’d have no hesitation on going elsewhere if they can’t.

The main thing with insurance is to shop around at each renewal, but make sure you’re comparing like with like.

muckles:

Juddian:

I’ve been with Cornmarket for a few years now and would agree with what you say, easy to deal with, even with the heavy Noren Orish accent. :laughing: I’ve also changed cars mid policy either without a fee or a very low fee and hassle free, in one case done while a mate of mine was taking me to a dealer to pick up a new car.

yes the quotes do go up at renewal time, but in my experience so does everybody else, no such thing as rewarding loyalty so they don’t get any from me, each renewal I go out look for a better quote and go back and ask them if they can beat it, so far they’ve managed it, but I’d have no hesitation on going elsewhere if they can’t.

The main thing with insurance is to shop around at each renewal, but make sure you’re comparing like with like.

Thats exactly the way I play it. Also been with them a few years now.
I’m 51, full no claims etc, my mrs is 53 and drives the exact same car (2 old diesel Passat estates in the same house hold). Sh’es never driven a bloody truck in her life but pays 40 quid less than what I pay! She went with RAC insurance this year.

Just renewed my insurance with CORNMARKET through the IAM SURETY section
Not bad really - £225 for the year fully comp with total 100 excess with protected NCB but chose no legal cover for a 2008 SEAT IBIZA 1.4 petrol sport

muckles:
Cornmarket have an HGV PSV drivers policy, they say the will beat any other quote. Seem to have done that for me for the last couple of years.

They couldn’t even be bothered to contact me after I sent them email proof of a quote, I took it as they couldn’t match/beat it. I certainly won’t bother trying them again.

I’ll just update this as I renewed my car insurance yesterday.

Cornmarket charged £240 last year which was a bit of a jump but this year they wanted £288. I had already got quotes from Go Compare and the lowest by a long way was Hastings Direct at £193.66 (an obvious introductory offer) so I sent Cornmarket a copy of the email and they reduced their quote to £193.00 for the same level of cover. They did try saying at first that they couldn’t match it but when I said “Fine, I’ll go with Hastings Direct then” they soon quick changed their tune, so they did, to be sure. :stuck_out_tongue:

This is on a 05-reg Rover 75 diesel with a sub-£1,000 value and 6,000 miles a year.

I tell my insurance company I’m a “delivery driver” and its £500 cheaper!.. If I mention I’m a HGV driver it’s ridiculous expensive! Technically I delver items and well as collect items… So am I being dishonest? Surely the class of vehicle should be irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

muckles:
Cornmarket have an HGV PSV drivers policy, they say the will beat any other quote. Seem to have done that for me for the last couple of years.

^^^^^^ Yep I’ll go with the above
cornmarketinsurance.co.uk/g … s-drivers/

I did the comparisons in January cos thats when ours are due, the cheapest was Direct Line (they are not on comparison sites) but Cornmarket matched so have stayed with them.

Harry from what i have read online, especially should you need to change anything mid term (possible ■■■■ taking admin fees etc) you have probably done the right thing by staying with CM :wink:

Only problem with talking to Cornmarket on the phone is that I keep saying “Sorry, can you say that again, I’m in a poor reception area” when what I really mean is “Can you say that in English, you thick Mick”. :wink:

I have probably mentioned this before but Cornmarket started to offer advanced IAM drivers a discount with IAM Surety many years ago but then realised that LGV driver were so close to advanced drivers that they added a section to offer LGV drivers a discount

This is born out by advanced observers who found that LGV drivers going for the advanced needed very little advice in order to pass the advanced test

When I was observing I often went out with a LGV driver using the company lorry on a delivery run for 5 or 6 hours and for the first half I was giving advice then on the back half I left them to it then told them to put in for the test which every single one passed first time