Truckers Car Insurance

Whats the best company for car insurance,my yearly renewal is up and the chepaest i can seem to find is £400 for a merc 2.2 litre diesel (2004) with a value of 4k,and 8 yrs NCD.
Would that price seem normal

Cornmarket (formerly Adelaide) do reduced rates for I.A.M HGV and bus drivers. They will beat any quote you get given (providing you can prove the quote of course! :smiley: )

Put Adelaide/Cornmarket in the search box on here, there are a few threads about cheap car insurance for drivers.

Edit Maoster bet me to it :smiley:

400 seems fine for a London man. I thought everything was expensive there.

As above reduced my premium from £34 to £22pm by switching to them.

I’ve just renewed with Aviva, Adelaide weren’t interested.

Cornmarket offered me to beat my lowest quote by £20. Not worth ringing.

Markk80:
Cornmarket offered me to beat my lowest quote by £20. Not worth ringing.

:question: :question: :question: :question:

robroy:
Edit Maoster bet me to it :smiley:

I always get there first Rob.

My g/f will confirm this. :blush: :blush: :blush:

Pimpdaddy:
I’ve just renewed with Aviva, Adelaide weren’t interested.

I like you Pimpdaddy so I’m going to resist the cruel but open goal. :wink:

Thanks Everyone,
With cornmarket can you get a quote online as i can only seem to find where they give u a call and do it over the phone

nedflanders:
Thanks Everyone,
With cornmarket can you get a quote online as i can only seem to find where they give u a call and do it over the phone

No you can’t but you can fill in a online form and they’ll ring you

Yeah, then they’ll pester the hell out of you EVERY year then on.

Even if you don’t / NEVER renew with them in the future! :imp:

Every August for the last 4 years I get the same text and endless phone calls wanting me to renew with them. They still think I’m a HGV driver!

Just proves who still has your ‘details’, even after asking them to have them deleted.

They beat a quote off my current insurer by £1, wasnt worth the hassle changing.
Getting charged extra for being an HGV driver is a myth, never in 27 years has my insurance been higher because of being a truck driver.

They have done the insurance for me for 348 so thats a saving of 52 and gave the extra ncb protection which the previous company hadnt included so i am happy with that
Thanks again all

Insurance is like asking what’s your favourite meal is, there are too many choices, and too many options to pick from

I would recommend these too. Been with them for 2 years and got goods deals.

Cornmarket / adelaide been with em now for 5 years no probs wouldnt insure me for my ■■■■■■ van tho :open_mouth:

I didn’t bother looking for truck driver specific brokers but just followed this guide here:

moneysavingexpert.com/car-insurance/

I’m with Swiftcover and paid £178 fully comp for a 59 plate Mondeo 2l TDCi but I do have 20 years NCD and its an extremely low crime area. I actually ended up renewing this year with Swiftcover because their renewal quote beat the cheapest I could get elsewhere by almost £10. It has to be the first time ever that a renewal quote has ended up being the cheapest, maybe they’re learning.

largebloke, my wife has her Renault Trafic insured for personal use only through Swiftcover for just over £250.

largebloke1969:
Cornmarket / adelaide been with em now for 5 years no probs wouldnt insure me for my ■■■■■■ van tho :open_mouth:

Yeah they wouldn’t insure my van either. I insure that through Anthony Evans as a motorhome :unamused: (well it sometimes does have a camp bed in the back), £68.00 per year! Happy days.