Car insurance for professional drivers

Hi

Do any of you know if there are car insurance companies that offer better prices for HGV drivers?

Policy due and wondered if I have been missing a trick.

Think there’s a company called crowfield,

biggriffin:
Think there’s a company called crowfield,

I googled “vagueness”, clicked first link - here I am.

try cornmarket…

As said corn market will beat any existing quote but not by a lot but be warned you will need proof of quote and if you have used anything like compare the market they will ask for your login and password to see proof of prices
The telesales are very pushy and don’t leave you alone and are based in northern Ireland.

I used Cornmarket for a couple of years but as always happens they increased the price so I shopped around and went back for them to look again BUT its like whats been said they wanted proof of all the quotes I had. Not worth the hassle so it was bye bye

Alant:
As said corn market will beat any existing quote but not by a lot but be warned you will need proof of quote and if you have used anything like compare the market they will ask for your login and password to see proof of prices
The telesales are very pushy and don’t leave you alone and are based in northern Ireland.

They don’t check your comparison site page any more, data protection or some other tosh, can’t remember now what proof they wanted instead but it was going to be a pain in the arse.
However i’ve finally given up on them with the increasing reluctance to equal the better quotes you get after they’ve increased the renewal premium substantially for the 5th year running :unamused: , but the icing on the cake of doom is having to listen to their interminable bloody terms and conditions via a worn out barely there recorded screech.
1 hour wasted on the bloody phone for my two renewals, which they couldn’t match anyway, and that wasn’t trying to get them to match the quote a never heard from shark mob at the cheapy end of the comparison quotes (who get their fees out of you by ripping you off with admin charges when you want a ■■■■), only ever consider quotes from proper companies.

I went Direct Line this year, knocked spots off the comp site quotes and put the home insurance their way too later in the year, they’re not on the comparison sites, have their own website but if you prefer to speak to someone the experience is efficient and friendly, all done and dusted in a quarter the time.

m.a.n rules:
try cornmarket…

I used Cornmarket for the last 4 years and they beat any quote I was given. This year however they ■■■■■■ me off by quoting £300. I googled cheap insurance and the first result was from Quotemehappy for £150. I immediately did the deal and the next day when Cornmarket phoned me and I told them what I’d done they said that they could beat that. I promptly told the guy to ■■■■ right off because as an established customer he should be giving me his best price straight away instead of blatent profiteering.

I have used Cornmarket for years but last time I renewed I had a real battle getting them even to match the price I got from a comparison site, and the thick paddy on other end of the phone was audibly sulking when I told him that he either beat it or he could go do one. I don’t think I will even bother with them next time.

I told Cornmarket what the cheapest quotes were on whatever site and got a sorry Mr McNulty we can’t get anywhere near that, click. Had been with 2 to 3 years and first years quote was a lot lower than anything else

Ended up back to more than who aren’t bad

As others have said been with corn market a few years but the price has increased and they couldn’t get anywhere near my best quotes so said bye and requested my proof of NCB.
They never have sent it but my new insurer managed to check it somehow.
Next year I won’t bother with them.

Waste of time cornmarket run by pushy arrogant people too in my experience,
Couldn’t beat my quote and wanted proof that I could get it as cheap even though I told them I didn’t want to go with them.
He said “well if you provide proof we might be able to match it”,to which I said “I’d rather not give you my money now even if you were cheaper”
How can offering “professional” drivers cheaper insurance work anyway as I wouldn’t give a lot of “professional” drivers a television licence so why should they get cheaper insurance

Last two years I was up for renewal on car insurance - I got asked “Where do you park your car at night for the majority of nights per week?”

Told them the postcode for the secure colleague car park, seeing as I work nights.

Got a bigger discount for that than for being a “Pro Driver”. Like it! :sunglasses: :grimacing:

I’m with Hastings Direct and being an hgv driver has had no effect on my premiums with them.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Had been with Corn market for a fair few years, they’d always match or beat any other quotes. However, last renewal they couldn’t or wouldn’t match a quote, so I ditched them for Halifax

As far as I can tell, the underwriters have a certain “target audience” of risk and a certain value to go up to “to fill their book.”

Once the book is full they go on a cycle of bleeding the existing clients until the book value drops and finally go full circle and start a round of promotional prices again.