Just refresh my memory please

what’s the insurance company name that supposedly does cheaper insurance for HGV Drivers?

Adalade? (sp?)

Bloody good too, saved £170 quid last month on my renewal. Well happy with whoever posted the original link :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve nearly been with them a year now, gave me a really good price last year and hopefully their renewal price will be just as good, I’ll find out in January

dew:
Adalade? (sp?)

Thats the one!

Cheers squire!!

Do you have to actually drive for someone to be elegible or just a license holder? I have a 3.5 tonne LDV van plus a Volvo car and my premium is quite high so could do with knocking it down a little if possible?

Pete.

windrush:
Do you have to actually drive for someone to be elegible or just a license holder? I have a 3.5 tonne LDV van plus a Volvo car and my premium is quite high so could do with knocking it down a little if possible?

Pete.

adelaideinsurance.com/lgv-insurance/
Does not seem to answer your query so perhaps its worth a call to them

windrush:

Pete.

I called them in April for a quote and they said I have to be working as an HGV driver to get a policy, I wasn’t at the time so wasn’t eligible!

k21pilot:

windrush:

Pete.

I called them in April for a quote and they said I have to be working as an HGV driver to get a policy, I wasn’t at the time so wasn’t eligible!

Ah ok, thank you both for the info. Unlikely to be driving again so seems a no no, will keep paying up with a smile!

Pete.

Try co-op

Adelaide.

Basically they will beat any quote you have end of story.

I gave adelaide a try, im too young though, since its 21 and over right now,

Great chap, but i think he thought i was holding phone and driving when i said ‘Its ok im driving but we can talk’ lol

k21pilot:

windrush:

Pete.

Thats strange. When i took out a policy with them, i cant remember anything about ‘who i drive for’, just took my license number and job done. Cant imagine them calling my employer either as I’d have known if they did :confused:

Cheers chaps…just saved £70 :wink:

I wonder if they’d still offer lower premiums if you’re only an agency LGV driver? :unamused:
…Probably not knowing my luck

They are pretty good,

I just saved over £130 this week !

and again just asked for licence number.

Wonder why they asked if I was actually driving for a company then? I even told the guy at the time I was driving coaches, even that made no difference! They definitely said I had to be driving hgv.

They asked if I was a HGV driver and if my job was HGV driver, I said yes.
They never asked if I was full time or who I worked for.
I was agency at the time and have changed jobs (3 times) since I took the policy out and don’t feel the need to notify them as I’m still a HGV driver

Saved me a few quid (about 10) but the policy was better too.

I’ve got my mum as a named driver on my policy who isn’t a HGV driver, that didn’t matter, but I’m not sure if it’d be cheaper without her, the guy wouldn’t really answer he just said “like for like”