C+E Failed second time - roundabout tips?

You need two mates, each with hi viz, helmets, and a clipboard each. Mebbe a hand held STOP sign. No, wait, no STOP sign.
On your next test…
Ok, you´re ahead of me :slight_smile:

I was thinking a phone with GPS tracking continually sending sound from the Mic to a couple of friends driving infront of me - so they can hear directions when given to me, then do a loop around a busy roundabout, driving very slowly coming back my way :slight_smile:.
Cheaper than re-test maybe! :slight_smile:.

geebus:
I was thinking a phone with GPS tracking continually sending sound from the Mic to a couple of friends driving infront of me - so they can hear directions when given to me, then do a loop around a busy roundabout, driving very slowly coming back my way :slight_smile:.
Cheaper than re-test maybe! :slight_smile:.

I like your style.

ROG:
Try using commentary such as - “I have been waiting quite some time and from the look of this situation I may have to safely inconvenience a driver or two to proceed”

dieseldog999:
followed 15 mins later with…ffs mate,thats the third time ive failed now. :slight_smile:

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

ROG:
Try using commentary such as - “I have been waiting quite some time and from the look of this situation I may have to safely inconvenience a driver or two to proceed”

Not here very often and I also comment even less but I agree with what both Rog and Pete have already said.

I once had a guy on CE test, turning left from a country road onto a NSL dual carriageway. He had been sat there for around 10 to 15 minutes, until a van about 1/2 mile up the road flashed him out. As he pulled out, and the van moved to the right hand lane, he noticed a car behind the van. Technically he is now forcing this car to change speed or direction. However, the examiner was happy at that point because the car had plenty of time to react, so he was only slightly inconvenienced. He actually told the candidate something along the lines of “we could have been sat there for another 30 minutes and not had a bigger gap”.

My only little bit of advice would be to watch that traffic from the left and watch for someone turning right and coming off onto your road and watch for the traffic on the right being stationary, waiting for them to come across in front of them. As soon as you see that, that is time to get going but be aware that someone might be coming all the way around the roundabout. I know a lot of people have a tendency to focus on the right hand side but by the time you see a gap, you do not have the time to react.

dieseldog999:
starting off on a good footing and having a good rapport or craic with the examiner is always a good move.
you may just get the benefit of the doubt sometimes.
youtube.com/watch?v=nYHWb1r41Iw

Definitely helps
youtu.be/8utFt5bM30w

Cheers - I was occasionally looking over that way, but was generally finding it hard to see indicators with the light at the time, however sure I could have done that much better :slight_smile:.

Also, very occasionally you will get people going right the way around - but in this case it’s only if they’ve messed up and come off the motorway at the wrong junction, then stayed in the left lane, so should be very rare and down to luck for that, definitely.

Roundabouts were the bain Of Me GETTING MY Coach Licence I was driving a 12 metre volvo powered by a couple of elastic bands and Steptoe’s cart would have left it standing still.

I failed a couple of times on roundabouts because I AM SUPPOSED TO BE PSYCHIC and I could have instantly suspected that somebody in the outside lane is not signaling right and appears to be leaving the island actually wants to go around again and although he waited for me to enter and carry on I was at fault.
Another time I failed, the examiner thought I could have the same view as her but in these coaches the passenger seats are a couple or so feet higher up and she was a few more feet to my left So I could not see through the trees that these prats insist on planting on small islands.

I was lucky though because I had previously passed my class one with the same examiner first thing in the morning much less traffic.

A good tip have your test about 8 am during the school holidays really easy then passed PCV yesterday ha ha.

Well done Gettingolder!

I was reasonably ‘lucky’ with a test at 10:15 this morning - traffic was pretty light.
Still a few minors for some more ‘difficult’ situations; a hearse was waiting to turn across my path, but a car was waiting to turn past them blocking them. The car didn’t flash or anything, but possibly waved the hearse out as I was pulling out. I did stop and the hearse went past.
I would guess had it been the other way and I’d stopped and waited, I might have got marked down for that.

Pass is a pass in the end :slight_smile:.

geebus:
Well done Gettingolder!

I was reasonably ‘lucky’ with a test at 10:15 this morning - traffic was pretty light.
Still a few minors for some more ‘difficult’ situations; a hearse was waiting to turn across my path, but a car was waiting to turn past them blocking them. The car didn’t flash or anything, but possibly waved the hearse out as I was pulling out. I did stop and the hearse went past.
I would guess had it been the other way and I’d stopped and waited, I might have got marked down for that.

Pass is a pass in the end :slight_smile:.

Forget about everything else. You have PASSED. Congratulations. Nothing else matters - I got 10 minors on my class 1 test - but to me it was as good as a clean sheet. All you care about is the pass - minors are so insignificant they don’t even record them on your licence.

Gettingolder:
passed PCV yesterday

:smiley: :smiley: