Just failed my C+E

Dear candidate,

You were UNSUCCESSFUL in your category C+E driving test.
Your serious faults
· Awareness / Planning

Your driving faults
· Control – Steering, 2

· Signals – Necessary, 1

· Progress – Appropriate speed, 1

Fuel-efficient driving
The driving examiner observed that you could improve the control and/or planning of your driving. You should aim to drive in a fuel-efficient manner, considering your impact on the environment.

I used to drive 8wheelers for last 2 years.
He explained to me he failed me for waiting too long to exit below roundabout. The thing is you cant get there without moving in to incoming traffic lane so you have to let them go and there was some cars coming down with a gap in between that would allow me to PUSH IN and make them slow down or even stop in my opinion.

Fuel-efficient driving
The driving examiner observed that you could improve the control and/or planning of your driving. You should aim to drive in a fuel-efficient manner, considering your impact on the environment.

What a ■■■■ take. The world is completely screwed.

As for the roundabout well yes it looks tricky, ask your instructor how to approach it? In the real world you would just go with the slightest gap & force your way through! Don’t forget the rules of the road, Might is RIGHT :laughing:

Well my instructor was pointing to me clearly throughout entire course not to force others to slow or stop like that
I feel brainwashed.

I paid for both C and C+E from my own money and I give up.

I’m sure it’s the cynic in me but now with an industry overflowing with newbie driver’s maybe mission “flood the industry” to bring down wages and take away some leverage drivers had has served its purpose, maybe the bar has been raised?

Johny Bravo:
Well my instructor was pointing to me clearly throughout entire course not to force others to slow or stop like that
I feel brainwashed.

I paid for both C and C+E from my own money and I give up.

I understand your disappointment, don’t give up, regroup, reflect and go again… not all drivers pass first time, and it doesn’t make a better driver who passes first time…

Go again.

Real world on a round a bout when it’s super busy I just pull out when I get a small gap and the vehicles have to stop, otherwise I’d be there for 10 mins.
All depends what time your test is and how busy it I. I find 1pm is good time for test

It’s maybe a place where he regularly fails people.
An awkward spot but he’ll be seeing how you deal with it.
I was taught in a situation like that, just explain why you are doing something out of the ordinary, and pointing out that you needed to in order to make sufficient progress,.which you could not if you kept sitting there (as long as it’s legal of course) probably proven by the amount of time you were sat waiting instead of making a move.

You can’t argue with them mate, just ■■■■ it up and move on.

As above. Explain what you are doing and why. Examiners choice, psass or fail.

My examiner on the day many moons ago in Stockport I think it was, near the biscuit place, I was at a roundabout and yep I was being wary and waiting for traffic and what felt like forever (most probably 1 minute max) he said well yeah its a roundabout so I though F it I’ve failed just pull out so I did , got back to the test centre and he gave me a full clean pass , I guess it’s just the luck on the day really matey

AnotherDriver:
Real world on a round a bout when it’s super busy I just pull out when I get a small gap and the vehicles have to stop, otherwise I’d be there for 10 mins.
All depends what time your test is and how busy it I. I find 1pm is good time for test

This all day long. It’s ridiculous that a learner driver is expected to try to do the impossible that an experienced driver can’t even do.

It’s literally almost impossible in the UK to pull away from a roundabout in an artic & not make someone slow down.
Only advice i can give you is approach slowly & keep a look out for large vehicles approaching from other direction then try to judge entry into the roundabout at the same time as them if that makes sense. It really does come down to luck unfortunately…
When i used to drive on the recycling wagons there was a supervisor who they tried to force to get his class C so he could cover sickness etc…
Only problem was he failed 3 times on the same roundabout :laughing: maybe that was unlucky, maybe he was a bad driver or maybe he didn’t want to work for a living :smiling_imp:

So anyway to the original poster don’t give up, sure it’s annoying but pick yourself up & crack on drive.

Waiting to long to Exit or enter roundabout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel your pain, been there too. The pass rate is kept at about 50% .Just ■■■■ it up take a few more lessons and PASS the next time.!

Boris1971:
Waiting to long to Exit or enter roundabout?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exit

google.com/maps/@53.0545886 … 384!8i8192

From what I think is your start position at the R/a, if you move slowly as the blue car were to be more level with you, the white van has not crossed his giveway line and the red car is where it is then go. Based upon the speed of the red car.

If I understand correctly on exiting the roundabout you have to “borrow” some of the oncoming lane to complete your manoeuvre without riding the kerb.

I think this is unfair - you can’t win. Pavement or have the back of your rig still on the roundabout causing an obstruction or force on coming traffic out of the way.

I remember doing my PSV test and the road to the test centre which was on a side turning to the right was restricted by parked vehicles making it a single lane. On arriving to turn right I saw a large vehicle making its way slowly down this road so I stopped and waited until he arrived at the junction and cleared away - then I could proceed.

The examiner told me as an aside after the test was finished that I should have disregarded the truck and turned in anyway - didn’t make any sense to me as we would have both been jammed.

I’ve always disregarded that advice.

I did pass my test that day and he didn’t give me any minors for it.

Apply again op and with luck you’ll do your next go around on a different circuit.

alamcculloch:
I feel your pain, been there too. The pass rate is kept at about 50% .Just ■■■■ it up take a few more lessons and PASS the next time.!

Myth

I agree with others, take a break, regroup, a few more lessons (to make sure it all stays clear in the mind, not doubting your skills) and have another go.

Took me three attempts,
1st - went to pieces on the reverse exercise.
2nd - Hesitation - waited too long for a junction to clear (couldn’t actually see the exit of the junction so have to guess the green light sequence (5 way junction that catches out a LOT of newbies and old-timers alike)
3rd - passed with no faults (however I did have to mount the kerb at one point because of an irregular parked vehicle (if you have to do this make it clear to the examiner why you are doing it)).

It is expensive I know, I paid for all of my training and tests, but if its something you really want to do then don’t give up chasing it. If funding is really tight, maybe leave it longer so you can save up etc, but treat every drive like its your test, by the book, no silly habits, etc…

Good luck :slight_smile:

Is this a wind up tipper driver failed for undue hesitation? Your examiner didn’t fail you for 1 roundabout or 1 junction, throughout your drive you must have been unduly hesitant and he could only use the said roundabout or junction to mark a serious driving fault, Did you have other driving faults? Post the DL25A and I can offer you advise from a Former DVSA ADI Grade 6 or PM to me and I will advise privately. The problem sometimes is LGV instructors are not DVSA Approved so basically former lorry driver who have little experience on teaching what the DL25A requires. Had your instructor used the form for training or a MOCK test? If you do not understand the form you will not pass the test. And YES it is wrong to teach just to pass the test but most driver I have ever come across tell me they require the minimum of hours due to their so called experience.

miketdt:
Is this a wind up tipper driver failed for undue hesitation? Your examiner didn’t fail you for 1 roundabout or 1 junction, throughout your drive you must have been unduly hesitant and he could only use the said roundabout or junction to mark a serious driving fault, Did you have other driving faults? Post the DL25A and I can offer you advise from a Former DVSA ADI Grade 6 or PM to me and I will advise privately. The problem sometimes is LGV instructors are not DVSA Approved so basically former lorry driver who have little experience on teaching what the DL25A requires. Had your instructor used the form for training or a MOCK test? If you do not understand the form you will not pass the test. And YES it is wrong to teach just to pass the test but most driver I have ever come across tell me they require the minimum of hours due to their so called experience.

Whole report is in 1st post. He said to me the main reason was that roundabout. There was no other situations like that. I was shocked as I was convinced it is a PASS