Failed C+E twice now!

I have failed my C+E twice now and i am getting really frustrated because at the moment i do not have the money to retake. The first time i failed on a tight left hander in Edmonton but on that drive i have 5 minors which the examiner said was really good apart from the curb!! :unamused: My instructor who is really good took me round that route afterwards and told me that this truck cannot get round that corner and she showed me a couple of times and he was right. The lorry i think is 15.45m so a larger trailer than some train with. Anyway went for it again and i did the same thing at a different tight turn. Mini roundabout merging from small road to main road where there is a zebra crossing with a central island, i was looking at the crossing because a woman was pondering whether to cross or not and i started to turn too early and just clipped the curb with the trailer so failed again!! I knew what i had done as soon as i started turning the wheel but too late!! The examiner i had was really nice and said that he really wanted to pass me because i gave him a good drive, but that bloody curb again got me. I had 3 minors on that drive. So now i am really fed up with myself!!

Laughjimbo :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear that :frowning: .

Sounds as thou you havent had much luck with the curbs or the examiner.

Ive been on there other side of the story, in as much as i mounted the kerb on my C+E but managed to get away with it as the rest of the drive was good.
Unless it was in a dangerous position…Unfortunately I dont think ‘SOME’ examiners allow for the nerves. Little niggles like these can surely be ironed out with the hours put in behind the wheel.

I assume, once you have the money for itm that you will be putting back in for it as

laughjimbo:
The examiner i had was really nice and said that he really wanted to pass me because i gave him a good drive

laughjimbo:
5 minors

laughjimbo:
I had 3 minors on that drive

It sounds like your so very close to those magical words

laughjimbo:
The first time i failed on a tight left hander in Edmonton but on that drive i have 5 minors which the examiner said was really good apart from the curb!! :unamused: My instructor who is really good took me round that route afterwards and told me that this truck cannot get round that corner

Had same problem in Gloucester with a 16.5 metre artic set up.
Informed examiners who then banned all the artics from that route - all it needs is for the instructor to inform the DSA chief examiner at the test station and to be prepared to drive the set up with the examiner in the passenger seat if necessary to prove it.

I can only echo what tonka236 said

I am definately going to be going for it again but have not quite got the money for it at the moment. I am kicking myself because as soon as i just started to turn that steering i knew i should have waited. I was wondering wether to try again with a different setup, smaller trailer but i feel at home driving the lorry and i have only got to get it all right in the hour or so drive. I know i can do it but it is just frustrating. I have got no work at the moment either so not too happy. I have been working for agency since september and been working pretty much full time at Royal Mail hatfield but suddenly a few weeks ago the work just stopped so now trying to find some class 2 work to get some money in.

Your not the only one mate,failed twice just before christmas,1st time missed the pin when coupling up,3 minors on drive,2nd time left ABS lead up on uncouple…clean sheet,no minors on that one…boy did I feel a prat.
We’ll both get there mate,dont worry.
Best of luck.
Simon :sunglasses:

Cheers Simon, got to keep on trying because i have to say that i really enjoy driving the artic. Also the examiner kept me talking for most of my drive and i was still able to concentrate fine apart from the one curb of course!! :blush: :blush: