C C C P

I think Nev (oxo3) drove that 140 for Hurdsman at one time. Looks like a load of fencing from ETC sawmills.

tastrucker:

3300John:
Hiya can’t say as i can, just a moment i can, well here’s a photo of it and its still on the circuit.
George did have a steamer at one time a pal of mine told me all about it. his dad did some engine
work for Mayers.

sorry its not a very good shot.
John

hello John, well i would never have thought somebody would have a picture of a Sentinel of Geo Mayers . I believe he had a Sentinel that was ex dee valley transport . once again thank you Trevor

There was the ex Mayers truck on the show circuit some years ago, owned by a couple of lads from London, last I saw it was on the Trans Pennine early 2000s can’t say I have seen it recently

this photo has got the lot . . . great shot . . of a great wagon . . from a great haulage frim . . . anyone who knows arwell Humphreys will know he was driving this wagon at this time . . .check out arwels coach wheel trims . . . GREAT PHOTO . . .

Dave the Renegade:

chepstowchap:

greenshot screen capture A5 near Shrewsbury .

Excellent pic once again CC. There was a member on here a few weeks back asking had anyone got any pics of W T Hurdsman.
Cheers Dave.

how to print screen on pc

chepstowchap:

how to print screen on pc

A cracking pic CC. A hard worked eight legger by the looks of it.
Cheers Dave.

hello Aaron ,have you by any chance pictures of Jones from Ellesmere , red lorries . thank you wishes from us both .

Hurdsmans 140, I drove the truck from 1978 to 1981, Then Arwell started (February), I went into office. That left Ryland on new F10, Arwell on 140 & Dave Roberts on 111. Then ETC contract started and trucks came overnight. The AEC Magor in photo was Driven by Barny (West Felton) and had the 760 engine went very well.

oxo3:
Hurdsmans 140, I drove the truck from 1978 to 1981, Then Arwell started (February), I went into office. That left Ryland on new F10, Arwell on 140 & Dave Roberts on 111. Then ETC contract started and trucks came overnight. The AEC Magor in photo was Driven by Barny (West Felton) and had the 760 engine went very well.

Hi Nev, I remember Ryland didn’t he drive an 88 290 at one time before the F10 (he gave me a lift from Chirk one night), does he still drive for D A Ford, I remembered you driving the 140 when you used to collect spares from B+W motors.

Hello Trev, Ryland went on Ex ETC volvo 290 RNT109R after the F10 BUX827T, and yes still at Ford,s sticking it well. Hope your keeping well, have not seen you for a while.

screenshot captor Hello Trevor, A470 Rhayader Mid Wales .

chepstowchap:

screenshot captor Hello Trevor, A470 Rhayader Mid Wales .

Another good pic CC,taken in my home county.
Cheers Dave.

Hello Dave and Tracy,
In my early teens i spent many summers camping in the Elan Valley , and i took several shots on the A470 and your area . Radnorshire is such a beautiful county . best wishes to you both cc…

chepstowchap:
Hello Dave and Tracy,
In my early teens i spent many summers camping in the Elan Valley , and i took several shots on the A470 and your area . Radnorshire is such a beautiful county . best wishes to you both cc…

Hi CC,
Even though Rhayader is only 23 miles from here,we don’t go there much on a weekday when there are a lot of lorries passing through. Some to and from the timber mill at Newbridge on Wye and also the South-North Wales transport. A good place to get photo’s as they have to crawl through the town.
We were up the Elan Valley a fortnight ago. The visitor centre and cafe are open all the year round nowadays.
Cheers Dave.

image hosting 10mb limit Welshpool Mid Wales .

chepstowchap:

image hosting 10mb limit Welshpool Mid Wales .

Super photo of a great British wagon CC.
Cheers Dave.

Can remember Forrester having commer 2strokes , hauling out of the old rubery owen factory at Prees . before they did chemicals from Ruabon Monsanto and Jacksons at Crewe . Aarons picture of the ERF is pulling a rubber lined tank for sodium hydrocloride , they did a lot of that sort of thing . thank you Trevor .

How long is it since Forresters finished,or were they taken over ?
Cheers Dave.

Hello dave , Cyril sold out to the P and O group around 1999, i would say.
I tthink i am right in saying that one of there Fodens overturned down your way on that cut off road between monkland and leinwardine. it spent the night on its side and not a drop of liquid had leaked out , thank you Trevor .

Hi Trevor,
Several have come to grief on that stretch of road. Its surprising how many wagons still go through Leintwardine,either coming down from Mid Wales via Knighton,or cutting through off the Leominster -Brecon road.
Cheers Dave.

take screen shot cc has been requested to re post Forrester on the Sugar Loaf A483 .