C C C P

cons77:
Subscribed :smiley:

Don’t meen to be a pain in the arse do you have any Edge Transport pics from the 70s 80’s in your collection.

I put one of a DAF 2800 on the north Wales thread, ADM 49 S? Was driven by my wife’s uncle

Hello steelboy and cons77,
Will sort out some Geo Mayers Mercs ,but not got any atkis as they were before my time . Cons im afraid to say have not got any Edge transport , i was not familiar with this fleet . cc

free uploader A49 Dinmore Hill .

chepstowchap:

free uploader A49 Dinmore Hill .

Great pics CC,all from this area,keep them coming.
Cheers Dave.

Not quite to CC’s standard, but only Edge picture I have, driven by John Edwards, parked outside his house in Buckley, used to have a TM before that with a Detroit in…yehhh Haaaaa! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :unamused:

steelboyf10:

chepstowchap:

photo sharing software A49 Leominster

Brilliant shot, another donkey motor behind :smiley: :smiley: :slight_smile: have you got any of the two units they bought and ERF and S80 foden, in the 1980s?..bet you have CC :wink:

Hello steelboy ,Directs Foden artic was a sleeper cab unit they were unusual . I can remember directs Foden 8 leggers hauling fire bricks out of Dennis brickworks wrexham . thank you Trevor

Tastrucker i put a george Mayers foden on the chester and north wales site a few months ago.
i think if you go to You tube their,s a 10 min clip all about summers steel works. it shows refirbing
leyland 8 legger lorries. they made their own bodies years ago it said.very intresting
John

3300John:
Tastrucker i put a george Mayers foden on the chester and north wales site a few months ago.
i think if you go to You tube their,s a 10 min clip all about summers steel works. it shows refirbing
leyland 8 legger lorries. they made their own bodies years ago it said.very intresting
John

thanks John, is that on Flint and Deeside20 th century industry . thank you Trevor

img A438 near Hay on Wye, i think !

chepstowchap:

img A438 near Hay on Wye, i think !

That looks like Willersley and the Crow farm turn regards kk

Those Mayers boys must have thought it was Christmas when the old man bought a job lot of Merc’s and parked the Atki Borderers up! I remember Barry Mayers had a slight incident in Leeds going into a low height car park early days with the Merc! :blush: , went past their old yard, now all gone on Boundary Road Saltney, Chester the other week, happy days! :smiley:

picture uploading Near the Sugar Loaf A483 .

Hiya i’ve just found this Foden of George Mayers for your site, god knows where it came from, thanks to ever owns the photo
John

chepstowchap:

Super photo CC, Its a fair pull up to the Sugarloaf on the A483.
Cheers Dave.

chepstowchap:

hi cc great photo ,FLIPPING FANTASTIC PHOTO , , , you are the reason why I have a camera , , ,

3300John:
Hiya i’ve just found this Foden of George Mayers for your site, god knows where it came from, thanks to ever owns the photo
John

Hello 3300 john thanks for a lovely old shot , that Foden did a lot of work down to Vauxhalls at Luton as well as Electrolux . Can any members remember Mayers Sentinels ? thank you Trevor

Hiya can’t say as i can, just a moment i can, well here’s a photo of it and its still on the circuit.
George did have a steamer at one time a pal of mine told me all about it. his dad did some engine
work for Mayers.

sorry its not a very good shot.
John

3300John:
Hiya can’t say as i can, just a moment i can, well here’s a photo of it and its still on the circuit.
George did have a steamer at one time a pal of mine told me all about it. his dad did some engine
work for Mayers.

sorry its not a very good shot.
John

hello John, well i would never have thought somebody would have a picture of a Sentinel of Geo Mayers . I believe he had a Sentinel that was ex dee valley transport . once again thank you Trevor

greenshot screen capture A5 near Shrewsbury .

chepstowchap:

greenshot screen capture A5 near Shrewsbury .

Excellent pic once again CC. There was a member on here a few weeks back asking had anyone got any pics of W T Hurdsman.
Cheers Dave.