But of advice needed, letter of the police?

Tell the Union. They will cover all legal expenses.

On the love letter you got from plod, it will say, at the least, a date and time, possibly a location. It may be a bit fuzzy on the time “it was about half one, Officer, not sure”.
Marry that up with your printout and show em you did, indeed, stop at that time.

And, YOU don´t have to prove your innocence, THEY have to prove your guilt.
Lawyer, asap., be it Union, company, legal aid, private, whtever, but LAWYER!

A solicitor is best, but is going to cost you an arm and a leg. #1 the insurance company should hook you up. #2 the cab may be able to help, if they need a solicitor, they will hook you up with a free hour, which should be enough to put this to bed. #3 get a couple of printouts for the shift in question

(Cab, citizens advice bureau)

steviespain:
On the love letter you got from plod, it will say, at the least, a date and time, possibly a location. It may be a bit fuzzy on the time “it was about half one, Officer, not sure”.
Marry that up with your printout and show em you did, indeed, stop at that time.

He has to prove his innocence … he failed to report the accident … he has already committed an offence by law … he has already admitted he didn’t report it … there are no mitigating circumstances… he just has to seek legal advice …

Spoke to the boss this morning and he’s looking into it, so I’ll have an idea what’s happening by the end of the week, hoping I dobt have to get my own solicitor but if so it’s doable.thabks guys

Sent from my S30 using Tapatalk

discoman:

steviespain:

He has to prove his innocence … he failed to report the accident … he has already committed an offence by law … he has already admitted he didn’t report it … there are no mitigating circumstances… he just has to seek legal advice …

I can think of one which may, or may not, help…the other driver drove off :open_mouth: ,
minimal damage to wagon, ■■■■ it, just another day on the road.

the nodding donkey:

corij:
whatever you do dont write ,youll best get a solicitors advice what to write most are free for a consultation 1/2 hour or youll likely incriminate yourself in the wording specially if someone is claiming injury /loss of earnings .
Few years back i had someone claim total paralysis from the eyes down after a low speed crash in a vehicle of mine. i totally ignored putting anything in writing altho i had a lot to say and his claim was thrown out

In your case that seems to be a wise decision. .

[emoji23][emoji12] lol

Stehinch:
Spoke to the boss this morning and he’s looking into it, so I’ll have an idea what’s happening by the end of the week, hoping I dobt have to get my own solicitor but if so it’s doable.thabks guys

The company were already aware of the police interest as they have given them your name and home address.

These days I would treat any collision as a scam, there are gangs of drivers out looking for buses and lorries as there is a good chance they will be insured.

Something similar happened to me a couple of years ago in Nottingham.
The transport manager was waiting for me when I arrived back at the yard.
There wasn’t a mark on my unit and the trailer was brand new with not a blemish.
The damage to the car’s offside was considerable; photos had been emailed.
The police were not interested.
I knew nothing at all about the alleged “accident”.
It was due to go to court but I retired before the hearing and have not heard anything since.

Don’t deny it, just say you know nothing about it.

My opinion and no offence to anyone offering advice, is that you need proper advice.
I’m sure some of whats been said is accurate but only a solicitor can tell you exactly where you stand and more importantly, what action needs taken.

Forums can be useful but in situations like this, you need an actual expert

axletramp:

Yeah, lying will help. :unamused:

He’s already posted it up on here, of course he knows something about it…

Just tell the truth, you stopped, the other party didn’t… yes, you didn’t inform the police, you overlooked it, genuine mistake. How many people call the police after a minor bump, not many I bet.

scaremongering letter bluffing you to think your getting reamed with a few charges to make sure you answer.
why dont you phone them and ask for clarification along with the complainers details to see if it reads like an eye chart then you will know its a crash4cash job.
after that,ask legal advice to see how to play it.

109LWB:

axletramp:

Yeah, lying will help. :unamused:

He’s already posted it up on here, of course he knows something about it…

Just tell the truth, you stopped, the other party didn’t… yes, you didn’t inform the police, you overlooked it, genuine mistake. How many people call the police after a minor bump, not many I bet.

From a cynical point of view, the said driver could of assumed he was clipped by the car… he stopped on the hard shoulder, (print out will prove the stop) no damage to vehicle (no fresh marks) … as no marks were present and no evidence of a collision then there is no need to report it … you cannot be charged for failure to report etc, if there was no accident … said vehicle drove off, so if that’s is the case you need a lawyer to ask as to why he drove off and failed to stop at the scene of a collision which is a criminal offence … I will stand by my first comment you are a victim of a scam …

Wouldn’t get your knickers in too much of a twist with the scaremongering.

Police don’t usually have that much interest in pursuing we find about 60% or more they lose interest a few go to magistrates’ court but not many - no rhyme or reason which ones some have been incredibly trivial maybe a lot of grief from the other party.

If it goes to court play the card about hearing so much in the news about people wasting the police’s time.

The way that I read this is. Our man stopped in a safe place with the intention of exchanging details and verifying if any injuries etc. Other party drove off. The end.

alamcculloch:
The way that I read this is. Our man stopped in a safe place with the intention of exchanging details and verifying if any injuries etc. Other party drove off. The end.

wp-like-button.png

Boss provided tracking details, my statement, his statement, tacho master printout. So should be ok. I hope, shall get it all posted in the morning and hopefully that’ll be the end of it. Fingers crossed, thankyou for all the advice ladies and gents, I know I’m mainly a lurker on here!!

Make sure you let us know whappens.

Just an update, nothing else heard from this, and as we’re 6months down the line think I don’t need to worry anymore. Appreciate all the help lads n passes, thanks

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk

I had this woman reverse into me, and then drove off, I didn’t because that might have made her have an accident, but when I reported it to the police, they said they are going to send her a warning letter to stop and exchange particulars next time.
If that’s how lax they are about these things, doesn’t sound like you have to much to worry about.