But of advice needed, letter of the police?

Was there any damage to your truck at all? Being Devil’s Advocate for a moment, if there was no damage to your vehicle can you be 100% certain contact occurred?

I had someone try to stick it to me over a fake claim about two years ago. The first I knew was a NIP from the cops to my employer. There was a story about me hitting a vehicle that was turning right off the main road. I responded to the cops saying I was unaware of any collision, my vehicle was unmarked and I would be supplying full details to the insurer, all of which was perfectly true.

Subsequently the insurer received and forwarded to me the report from the third party, it was totally bogus: they claimed they were turning left and my trailer hit their offside, but I was driving a rigid. They claimed I overtook them at a certain roundabout, when I checked this out it would have been impossible for me to overtake anyone at this point and I could prove this with measurements. They claimed they honked their horn to make me stop as I drove away (which they didn’t) and that they took a photo on their phone of me driving away: they obviously didn’t realize that this was them admitting to an offence that carries a 6-point penalty. This was in a small town with congested traffic yet they didn’t follow me to my destination which was less than a mile away.

I shared all this with the insurers & I never heard anything back from the police.

EDIT: Doh! just noticed the date of the original post :blush:

This thread shows 2 things;

The need for a dashcam.
Always report all accidents, however minor.

rambo19:

The need for a dashcam.

And possibly join a union to have legal representation and support when this sort of thing happens?
So 3 things? :unamused:

noisycarl:

rambo19:

The need for a dashcam.

And possibly join a union to have legal representation and support when this sort of thing happens?
So 3 things? :unamused:

Agree, i’m with the RMT, worth the cost just for the legal cover.

Dashcam, check, altho we no longer had the footage, reported to office at time, check. Hmm, union, been meaning to look at that for ages, RMT or urtu, have no idea on costs though

Sent from my S41 using Tapatalk